• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

So the question becomes, will Jim Harbaugh be coaching Michigan or the Browns next season?
Few jets fans think that Idzik is purposely keeping the cap low and stashing picks to woo Harbaugh next year.

Setting Rex up to fail 2 years in a row. Idzik didn't think Rex would get more than 2 wins with the team he set up last year.

Rex proved the doubters wrong.

RBH

britt-mchenry-fed-ex-field-fb.png

:) :) :)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
As for that "Harbaugh losing the 49er players" news from Rapaport (who makes his career off rapidly posting something someone confirmed 15 seconds earlier on Twitter):

#49ers coach Jim Harbaugh irked some veterans by taking the team to Baltimore for days to practice against his brother. Just 1 example

The problem with this is that the 49ers were already out there for a preseason game. How would this "irk" the veterans when they were going to be there anyway?

Tamanon

Banned
As for that "Harbaugh losing the 49er players" news from Rapaport (who makes his career off rapidly posting something someone confirmed 15 seconds earlier on Twitter):

The problem with this is that the 49ers were already out there for a preseason game. How would this "irk" the veterans when they were going to be there anyway?

It's "vets". They're irked by anything that isn't exactly the way they usually do it.

squicken

No.

It never was.

Probably right, but still. AZ will fall back and SF is imploding. On paper, it was the Rams year before Bradford got hurt. Once Hill gets hurt it will be a QB situation like AZ had with Skeltor and Max Hall

e: konka I have been beating the Tebow to the Rams drum for 2 years. Kyle Orton makes $5m a year, but the guy who beat him out in Denver for the QB job can't even get a whiff of interest.

Warren Sapp says the Bucs will dominate.

Of course he does.

A) He's a homer. Never been afraid to show it.

B) Its high time for the annual "Bucs are a sexy dark horse" predictions. I feel like we go through this same song and dance every year but then they end up falling flat on their faces time and time again.

Panthers will beat the Bucs even if Derek Anderson plays

squicken

AlbertBreer @AlbertBreer

Said on @nflnetwork that Gruden conceded to me that Griffin has had a shaky preseason. Here's the full quote: “You don’t want him to take unnecessary hits or run certain plays to win a preseason game. But obviously, you wanna challenge him and give him some standard looks and formations and all that stuff where he can work on some things that he needs work on. Didn’t do a great job of that, but in fairness to him, we really didn’t do a whole lot to let him show what he can do. We kinda handcuffed him a little bit. We’ll see moving forward how he does.”

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Merill Hoge throwing some cold water on Manziel.

Haha

Tell us how you really feel Merill:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/09/merril_hoge_calls_johnny_manzi.html

BEREA, Ohio -- Former Steelers running back Merril Hoge lit into Johnny Manziel Wednesday morning, following former Bengals quarterback Boomer Esiason in saying the rookie quarterback is no match for the Steelers right now.

"If you're the Steelers' defense, you want No. 2 (Manziel) to walk out on that field," Hoge, the ESPN analyst, told Pittsburgh radio station WDVE-FM Wednesday morning. "You want him on that field. He has no business being on the field right now."

Hoge, who also ripped former Heisman Trophy Winner Tim Tebow when he was in vogue, doesn't view Manziel as a legitimate NFL quarterback. "This is the one thing that probably burns me more about our league, the NFL, than anything is when a player like Johnny Manziel is drafted based on hype and excitement, not a true football skill. He really had no business being drafted in the first round.''

Hoge took exception to Manziel texting quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains during the draft and declaring "we'll wreck this league.''

"That didn't just burn players; it infuriates coaches," Hoge said. "It told you, too, that he's a juvenile punk. He was like that, and he's still like that.''

He predicted a hasty exit for Manziel from the NFL, similar to that of Tebow.

"This will be the saddest, quickest ending we have seen in quite some time," Hoge said. "It'll be like a Tim Tebow (situation)."

Manziel was aware of Hoge's remarks, but unfazed.

"Stuff pops up on my phone and I happened to see something," Manziel said Wednesday. "He's been in the opposite corner of me for a while now, so all I can really do is go out and try to prove him wrong. He's entitled to every bit of his opinion."

Hoge, who criticized Manziel's arm after watching some preseason tape, doesn't think the former Texas A&M product will be successful in the NFL.

"When I was doing the draft and I was going through and studying him, I actually got done and it was the first time other than Tim Tebow came out and I was like, 'God, there is nothing — nothing that he does — that transitions to the National Football League.'

"There's not one skillset that he had that you're like, 'Gosh, he's a first-rounder.' Really, nothing."

Browns coach Mike Pettine discounted Hoge's opinion.

"Where did he play?'' Pettine said. "I just know that in the age that we're in of sensationalism, a lot of times people that want to be heard have to make bold statements in order to bring attention to themselves. I think that's something that's a regular occurrence in this league."

Added Hoge, "If you're the Steelers, you want him on the field. You really do. (Brian) Hoyer, listen, he didn't shine and he's nothing special, but he's a lot more dangerous than Johnny Manziel."

Bowser

Of course he does.

A) He's a homer. Never been afraid to show it.

B) Its high time for the annual "Bucs are a sexy dark horse" predictions. I feel like we go through this same song and dance every year but then they end up falling flat on their faces time and time again.

Panthers will beat the Bucs even if Derek Anderson plays

iY6AoPY.gif

JCizzle

Probably right, but still. AZ will fall back and SF is imploding. On paper, it was the Rams year before Bradford got hurt. Once Hill gets hurt it will be a QB situation like AZ had with Skeltor and Max Hall

e: konka I have been beating the Tebow to the Rams drum for 2 years. Kyle Orton makes $5m a year, but the guy who beat him out in Denver for the QB job can't even get a whiff of interest.

This year is all on Baalke. People praise the shit out of him for drafting all this red shirt depth, but then turn around and say all is lost when we get hit with injuries/suspensions. Time to see if that depth approach is worthwhile!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom