• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

zychi

Banned
Michael Irvin is too much for me. Dude is a nut.

140811399901.png

Crisco

Banned
From a football perspective, i don't even care if DA starts, I've said all along we could beat the Bucs with him. I'd feel bad about Cam missing his first start due to a fucking preseason injury.

post-30744-not-like-this-not-like-this-gi-DBvb.gif

Tom Penny

O_O

My dad was at a Browns/Steelers game back in the day and said the Steelers fans tailgating all pissed into a single bucket and dumped it on a Browns fan's truck when it was full.

I was at a party were they wanted to do that to a girl from off the 3rd floor porch..the apartment got raided that night. Dat karma.

Dragon

Banned

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Questions about harbaugh losing the locker room? Cue the 49ers blowing out the cowboys today.

jbug617

Banned
Dobson is coming off surgery. He only played that 1 preseason game. He probably needs more time.

Gronk is playing though

Colasante

Belichick knows how to draft.

ESPN doesn't determine anything, if they did, they wouldn't have ten shows with two talking heads arguing back and forth.

Dobson is still recovering from his foot injury, even after playing in the fourth preseason game. No reason to rush him any further and risk reaggravation.

jakncoke

Banned
Chris Bradford ‏@BCTBradford 4m
Steelers inactives: WR Bryant, QB Jones, WR Moore, CB McCain, OL Johnson, OL Hubbard, DL McCullers

So we going to have what Brown, Wheaton, DHB to throw at ? I know im forgetting the 4th guy but damn lol

Also apparently we gave Cortez Allen a 5 yr 26 million extension if this wasnt posted yet

TheFatOne

Name the last decent WR the Patriots drafted.

Don't worry I'll tell you anyway. His name was Deion Branch. He was drafted in 2002.

Andre Ellington is currently trolling me!

Dobson had a fine rookie season. Just because he is out the first game doesn't mean he's automatically a bust. You need to relax with this bullshit. Sure Pats haven't had success in the draft at WR that doesn't automatically make Dobson a bust.

squicken

Greg Robinson can't start b/c he can't pass block and Tre Mason is inactive b/c he can't pick up the blitz. Really don't know if that is just a reality of Auburn's offense or if STL can't coach its players

Dragon

Banned
Dobson had a fine rookie season. Just because he is out the first game doesn't mean he's automatically a bust. You need to relax with this bullshit. Sure Pats haven't had success in the draft at WR that doesn't automatically make Dobson a bust.

You have a different definition of what a 'fine' rookie season is. He had 37 catches and 4 TDs in an offense starved for any WR. Keep in mind, Julian Edelman caught 100 passes last year.

Colasante

Name the last decent WR the Patriots drafted.

Don't worry I'll tell you anyway. His name was Deion Branch. He was drafted in 2002

Alshon Jeffery’s first season: 24 receptions, 367 yards, 3 touchdowns
Aaron Dobson’s first season: 37 receptions, 519 yards, 4 touchdowns

What a bum! Cut him!

Greg Robinson can't start b/c he can't pass block and Tre Mason is inactive b/c he can't pick up the blitz. Really don't know if that is just a reality of Auburn's offense or if STL can't coach its players
Wow. I remember wanting the Dolphins to draft Tre, really loved him at Auburn. It seems like pass protection is one of the hardest parts of the pro game for rookie RB's to get down.

RELAYER

Banned
Falcons Inactives

QB Sean Renfree
CB Javier Arenas
LB Nate Stupar
LB Tyler Starr
C James Stone
T Ryan Schraeder
DT Corey Peters

Welp.

Dragon

Banned
Alshon Jeffery’s first season: 24 receptions, 367 yards, 3 touchdowns
Aaron Dobson’s first season: 37 receptions, 519 yards, 4 touchdowns

What a bum! Cut him!

When did I say to cut him?

1. Jay Cutler vs. Tom Brady
2. Jeffery was playing opposite Brandon Marshall.
3. Jeffery didn't even start half the games that year.

I'm really not sure how you can defend Belichick's drafting of WRs. WRs and DBs have been the waste zone of shit in the Belichick era. You have players like McCourty whom they've had to move to safety, and of course Asante Samuel but largely it's been utter shit. You're more than welcome to prove me wrong, but I don't think I'm out of line being cynical about Aaron Dobson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom