• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

I feel like wrasslin

stone-cold-stunner-on-the-rocl-o.gif

BigAT

It sucks to be at the first football Sunday of the season and not even have your team playing. Getting relegated to MNF against the Lions seems like a cruel punishment.

Konka

Banned
It sucks to be at the first football Sunday of the season and not even have your team playing. Getting relegated to MNF against the Lions seems like a cruel punishment.

You can't always get what you want,
but sometimes,
you get what you need

brentech

NFL has really pushed MNF into a dumpster fire the last bunch of years.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
NFL has really pushed MNF into a dumpster fire the last bunch of years.

And yet I'd eat from that dumpster because it's been so long since the Browns had a non Thursday night primetime game. :(

Also wtf at this Richard Sherman Chunky soup commercial...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I can't remember the last time I've had so little excitement going into an NFL season. Don't know why--maybe the lack of Sunday Ticket this year (switched to Red Zone). Maybe also because Detroit has a first-year coach and a secondary so bad I could probably be a depth player.

Plus, I think Seattle wins again. No excitement there.

Tamanon

Banned
My choices for the early games are Browns/Steelers and Saints/Falcons. Guess I'll watch the Browns/Steelers, I hate watching Saints games for some reason.

Konka

Banned
I can't remember the last time I've had so little excitement going into an NFL season. Don't know why--maybe the lack of Sunday Ticket this year (switched to Red Zone). Maybe also because Detroit has a first-year coach and a secondary so bad I could probably be a depth player.

I don't know how people try to make these predictions so early, sure Seattle looked good in their first game but there is so much that can/will happened over the next several months, you know this.

RBH

Buffalo Sabres owners Terry Pegula remains far and away the leading contender to land the Bills, with formal, binding bids due in mid-September and the vote on a new owner on pace for the October owner's meeting, numerous league sources said.

Pegula is viewed as the most viable option. He has made his intent clear, and sources said he's poised to handle the $1.1 billion to $1.4 billion expected price tag for the franchise.

Pegula has strong public support, given his commitment to keeping the team in Western New York, and his finances are above reproach and at a time when many other suitors are falling by the way side, he is prepared to make a strong bid for the team. Of the known candidates -- and there is a possibility that bidders could emerge who have not been identified to this point -- Pegula's well poised to emerge, and even if the NFL finds a party to enter the equation late and push the sale price further above the $1 billion range, forcing an auction scenario of some sort, Pegula has expressed a willingness to confidants to do whatever he has to do to get the team, sources said.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...due-this-month-terry-pegula-clear-frontrunner

God damn it took us nearly 2 hours to leave levi's stadium.

Just set up a post-tailgate. Hang out, grill some food, have a few adult beverages, set up a TV perhaps to watch other games/highlights let the traffic thin out and then leave. It beats sitting in a car for two hours inching along ready to smash your own head through the windshield.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I don't know how people try to make these predictions so early, sure Seattle looked good in their first game but there is so much that can/will happened over the next several months, you know this.

I thought they were going to win again before the first game. That game had nothing to do with it. Unless Wilson goes down with an injury, that defense is leagues better than anyone else.

And if how that owner has run the Sabres is any indication, the Bills are in for more decades of underachievement and mediocrity.

ShaneB

God NFL network is so bad.

Irvin brings the whole panel down. Want to watch Gameday, but just can't because of his craziness.

It's like Christmas morning! I'm so excited. NFL Countdown starting, and then I'll try and switch between that, CBS, and Fox's panels at 12, and then Gametime at 1 o clock! Go Chiefs! Will dual box and switch to RedZone during commercials! Wooo.

Finished reading 11/22/63 this morning, my mind is clear! Maybe I'll see about watching outdoors as well since it's such a lovely day! Woooooo About to have my breakfast of eggs and sausages !

FOOTBALL!!! It's week 1 and it already feels like the most important games of the season!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!

edit: what the heck at the new studio for NFL Countdown?! I can't deal with change.

effzee

I'm super excited as usual but with a baby I don't know how much I'll be able to just sit back and watch 3 games non stop on the couch.

Definitely won't get to post here much during the games.

And yeah I never had the Sunday Ticket but got it last year through Madden. Now I really miss it.

RBH

The Browns are sticking with Brian Hoyer as their starting quarterback but that does not preclude the possibility of backup Johnny Manziel seeing the field Sunday. Read-option plays for Manziel are in the gameplan, sources said, and the Browns did devote a modicum of practice time this week working on them.

The Steelers' brass has been very adamant it expects to see some of these plays and it's likely Manziel sees the field for at least a play or two.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...he-gameplan-for-the-browns-sunday-vs-steelers

brentech

I thought they were going to win again before the first game. That game had nothing to do with it. Unless Wilson goes down with an injury, that defense is leagues better than anyone else.
They showed last year that their offense putters out on the road. I think given more time with the ball, someone is going to figure out a more effective way to attack the D.

Not going to say they have no chance or repeating, but history says they won't. It will be interesting at the least.

Godslay

Banned
Its finally here.

Time to rise from the ashes and rebuild.

Personally, I am excited for Von and Ware, and the DL in general. Especially Von, he seems like he saw the face of death with the suspension and injury. I think that and Ware as his mentor will help him to realize his potential. Assuming he stays healthy (praise be to Tebow) I think he's in for a great year.

Colasante

@RapSheet tells @nflnetwork Jim Harbaugh may 'already be losing the players.' 'Some serious doubts' whether he is 'actually all in.' #49ers

So the question becomes, will Jim Harbaugh be coaching Michigan or the Browns next season?

Plinko

So the question becomes, will Jim Harbaugh be coaching Michigan or the Browns next season?

If he's done after this year, University of Michigan is like a 100% lock. Hoke is gone after this year.

gutshot

New season, new avatar. I'm still a big Nick Foles fan, but gotta honor the true MVP of the Eagles: Mr. Charles "Chip" Kelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom