• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lion's WCF memorial patch looks really nice.

Bwd3cckIEAEHuud.jpg:large

Nice throwback to the 60's Lions logo, too.

Drakeon

Bills roster is talented but you go as the QB goes, as they say. And while I'm not as down as LJ on Manuel, I still don't think he has what it takes to bring this roster to the playoffs.

who?

A healthy cross section of the thread? It was a bit hyperbolic. But I saw quite a few people predicting the Niners missed, with Arizona getting the wildcard ahead of them.

Bowser

Tampa beating Carolina is my sure fire, stone cold lock of the century of the week

lol ok. They don't even know if their playcaller will be there:

Tedford is working part-time from home to help the Bucs cook up a game plan against Carolina's top-billed front seven. If he can't be there in person on Sunday, play-calling duties will fall to the untested Marcus Arroyo, Tampa's quarterbacks coach who has yet to call an NFL play and, at age 34, is a year younger than starting quarterback Josh McCown.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000387151/article/jeff-tedford-might-miss-buccaneers-opener

Lovie having huge sway over the offense?

Panthers front 7 is salivating at the thought.

MechDX

Robert Quinn ‏@RQuinn94 · 3h
Congrats to @JJWatt on the new luxurious extension...#WellDeserved

:jnc

Dolphins depth chart is out for the upcoming game. Looks like Jarvis Landry will handle kick return and punt return duties, as well as being the number two slot receiver behind Brandon Gibson. I love this Landry kid, really excited to watch his career progress.

It'll be interesting to see how Watt's contract impacts the Suh negotiations. He was allegedly demanding to be the highest paid def player in the league so I'd imagine it would have looked similar to Watt's deal.

No way a DT is worth that much, especially considering we might be switching to a 3-4 next season.

So CBS has said who will be announcing the Eagles vs Fighting Gatas:

ANNOUNCERS: Andrew Catalon/Steve Tasker/Steve Beuerlein

Man that must be like their F team.

Isn't Tasker actually kind of good?

Not sure I just know I have heard Beuerlein before and I didnt think he was good and I am not even sure who the other guy is. I just thought that the Eagles would get one of the top groups since they do good ratings and CBS doesnt get their games very often.

The reporters are getting it right, that $51 mil for Watt is guaranteed, just like Smith's amount. Watt's going to be on the roster in 2016 just like Smith will be on the next March. The only way it doesn't happen is if a complete disaster of historic proportions happens this season.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The reporters are getting it right, that $51 mil for Watt is guaranteed, just like Smith's amount. Watt's going to be on the roster in 2016 just like Smith will be on the next March. The only way it doesn't happen is if a complete disaster of historic proportions happens this season.

Right. So it's not guaranteed.

eznark

Banned

So it is not guaranteed.

Bowser

I get why people are saying Smith and Watt's guaranteed money isn't really "guaranteed," but let's be serious...they're getting all of that money.

I don't get it.

Yeah, wonder where Suh will go. Think he cares about playoffs?

Honestly not really. I think he wants to be in a big market so he can continue to build his brand/image, he's rather distant from teammates (although he has gotten better with that) and seems to do his own thing. I could see him being fine with losing as long as he was in New York for instance.

It'll be interesting to see how Watt's contract impacts the Suh negotiations. He was allegedly demanding to be the highest paid def player in the league so I'd imagine it would have looked similar to Watt's deal.

No way a DT is worth that much, especially considering we might be switching to a 3-4 next season.

?

Haven't heard about a change to the 3-4, though it'd make sense given coaching personel. In that case Suh would definitely be out, though I wouldn't count out Fairly coming back, perhaps as a 3-4 end. Not sure if he'd be a good fit at nose.

overcast

Quinn is the next DL up for an extension and has stats right behind Watt.

Translation: I wants my money!!

Setting the bar for Quinn's big payday.
Oh yeah. Thought there was something else. With Bradford gone we gotta pay him big.
Honestly not really. I think he wants to be in a big market so he can continue to build his brand/image, he's rather distant from teammates (although he has gotten better with that) and seems to do his own thing. I could see him being fine with losing as long as he was in New York for instance.
He seems like a hard worker at least. Feel like he would want to be rewarded in winning. Though he might just be more concerned with being seen as the best DT in the league.

eznark

Banned
I get why people are saying Smith and Watt's guaranteed money isn't really "guaranteed," but let's be serious...they're getting all of that money.

Guaranteed is a word with a definition.

In an NFL contract context it's even more important because real gauranteed money can be allocated against the cap now. "Guaranteed" money cannot.

The fact that Suh is putting it out there that he wants to be the highest paid defensive player shows that he doesnt care about winning. No way is a team that is close to a SB giving a DT $18m a year.

Bowser

Yeah, Suh doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who cares about playing for a winner. I think he'd go to Oakland if they threw him enough money. Wouldn't be surprised if they do actually.

Yeah, wonder where Suh will go. Think he cares about playoffs?

If he doesn't, he probably stays, but that contract will have to be big enough that it isn't a joke, so the team's probably out of contention for the rest of this decade if so.

As long as he doesn't go to the Broncos or Seahawks. wherever he goes to get paid is alright with me.

Tom Penny

Brady is repping Uggs and Gisele is repping Under Armour. All is right in the world. Brady should be ashamed of his gold digging way though.

Bowser

Yeah, because there's NEVER sudden, catastrophic injuries in football.

I think Suh will be fine, he's already made more money than 99% of the population under that old rookie scale.

But hey, you're only worth what someone's willing to pay you. Hell, for as fucking mediocre a QB as Kyle Orton is, he'll pocket $10m over the next two years to lead the Bills to back to back top 5 picks.

I think Suh will be fine, he's already made more money than 99% of the population under that old rookie scale.

But hey, you're only worth what someone's willing to pay you. Hell, for as fucking mediocre a QB as Kyle Orton is, he'll pocket $10m over the next two years to lead the Bills to back to back top 5 picks.
I think you mean lead the Browns to a top 5 pick this upcoming draft.

zychi

Banned
I hate the Sallie Mae website, it always tells me my password is wrong, I change it every fucking time, and now it's taken 6+ hours for a damn e-mail to come to change it.

eznark

Banned

What does that have to do with what you quoted?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think the Browns/Steelers game was supposed to be getting a really good announce team because they were going for Manziel.

Suckers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom