• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

manfestival

anyone know of any gaf fantasy leagues still open? prefer yahoo but I have no leagues right now thanks to everyone of my friends doing their leagues during this past weekend which was super busy for me

That's how that works, yeah.

I thought so. Usually when people are having a discussion and one says that their is no point in bothering it actually means they have got nothing, unless you think that my feeble intellect wont be able to follow your incredibly refined arguments.

bionic77

You guys are either awesome cooks or go to shitty restaurants.
As long as you are smarter and more talented than Gata you should be able to make an awesome salad, steak and most importantly fried chicken. I think our frier was from Amazon and was only like 40 bucks.

For rice go to a local Indian store and get a small bag of basmati rice and a decent rice cooker. Everything tastes great with that.

It really isn't that hard to make good food dude.

Also we can't cook everything well. Neither of is great with seafood and can't come close to a good restaurant. But for chicken, rice, etc the basics....

It isn't hard.

As long as you are smarter and more talented than Gata you should be able to make an awesome salad, steak and most importantly fried chicken. I think our frier was from Amazon and was only like 40 bucks.

For rice go to a local Indian store and get a small bag of basmati rice and a decent rice cooker. Everything tastes great with that.

Also we can't cook everything well. Neither of is great with seafood and can't come close to a good restaurant. But for chicken, rice, etc the basics....

It isn't hard.

Hey you leave gata alone you rampaging idiot!

It isn't hard.

I just got done posting that I made ale braised mussels for dinner last night. I cook every meal in my house and consider myself good. I just also blow ungodly amounts of money on food at fine dining restaurants and realize that my cooking is shit comparatively.

I just got done posting that I made ale braised mussels for dinner last night. I cook every meal in my house and consider myself good. I just also blow ungodly amounts of money on food at fine dining restaurants and realize that my cooking is shit comparatively.

I cooked some filets last night that I felt came out really good, but I know that I am no where near as good as the cooks at the big steakhouses.

You all rule and are great either way, please stop fighting, please don't get NFLGAF shut down already. Please?

One of your scrub-ass teams hasn't even been embarrassed yet.

I cooked some filets last night that I felt came out really good, but I know that I am no where near as good as the cooks at the big steakhouses.

Actually I worked at a steakhouse for three years and I can get those about as good as the big named ones at this point. But seriously, get ribeyes next time.

Actually I worked at a steakhouse for three years and I can get those about as good as the big named ones at this point. But seriously, get ribeyes next time.

I love ribeyes, that is what my wife and I get for ourselves but my mother-in law is staying with us and she only eats filets so it is easier to just get 3 of the same.

Full Predictions:

NFC

East: Eagles 3
West: Seahawks 2
South: Saints 1
North: Lions 4

WC: Niners 5, Packers 6

AFC

East: Cheaters 2
North: Bengals 4
South: Colts 3
West: Broncos 1

WC: Dolphins 6, Ravens 5

Playoffs
WC:
Niners beat Lions
Packers beat Eagles
Colts beat Dolphins
Bengals beat Ravens

DR:
Packers beat Saints
Seahawks beat Niners
Broncos beat Bengals
Colts beat Patriots

CC:
Packers beat Seahawks
Broncos beat Colts

SB:
Packers beat Broncos

Practice makes perfect, I can cook a steak just like the steakhouses, it took a lot of practice and trying different things but it's hard and you get to enjoy all that failure!

Bowser

Full Predictions:

NFC

East: Eagles 3
West: Seahawks 2
South: Saints 1
North: Lions 4

WC: Niners 5, Packers 6

AFC

East: Cheaters 2
North: Bengals 4
South: Colts 3
West: Broncos 1

WC: Dolphins 6, Ravens 5

Playoffs
WC:
Niners beat Lions
Packers beat Eagles
Colts beat Dolphins
Bengals beat Ravens

DR:
Packers beat Saints
Seahawks beat Niners
Broncos beat Bengals
Colts beat Patriots

CC:
Packers beat Seahawks
Broncos beat Colts

SB:
Packers beat Broncos

So what you're saying is we're seeing a preview of the conference title tilts this week?

bionic77

I agree that something's can't be done at home by an amateur. If you compare home cooking to that of a master it should be worse.

But those meals don't cost 7 dollars and the restaurants don't have a drive through...

Tamanon

Banned
I can't cook worth a damn. Can grill alright, but luckily my girl is a much better cook than she thinks. And she's Latin so all my meals have cool names.

Probably me.

I dont think so. I have never seen you get upset over people giving another poster a hard time. You did have that one freakout over us pointing out the Pats cheating ways, but for the most part you seem much better able to handle it now.

I agree that something's can't be done at home by an amateur. If you compare home cooking to that of a master it should be worse.

But those meals don't cost 7 dollars and the restaurants don't have a drive through...

Yeah, obviously. It's so much cheaper to eat at home. According to mint I spend an average of $600/month on restaurants alone, and $800/month when factoring in alcohol. But good food it worth it. I think I've eaten at at least three James Beard winning chef's restaurants in the last few months.

jakncoke

Banned
The biggest flowers over how we treat each other dont even post in here regularly or even semi regularly. They post so little I dont even know their names and would have to browse past threads for incidents , But definitely a group of like 5-10 that fired up the whambulance and took over an page trying to get the thread to act according to their specifications.

PqXesoD.jpg

Was he hired by anyone yet?

You guys are either awesome cooks or go to shitty restaurants.

Being a halfway decent cook with your head not stuck up your ass will guarantee better food than a majority of restaurants.

edit: And when I talk about restaurants I'm talking Olive Garden level restaurants. The ones that the average consumer go to. Not award winning chefs and the like.

Bowser

I expect the 2014 Carolina Panthers to win 13 games, win the NFC South title, and earn a playoff bye. Low projections should have the Panthers winning 10 games and making the playoffs. With the talent Carolina has the Panthers could send as many as eleven players to the Pro-Bowl; seven could earn All-Pro honors – I won’t jinx them here. I doubt, however, the Kraken records 50 sacks.

http://isportsweb.com/2014/09/02/carolina-panthers-final-roster-set-optimistic-20th-season-begins/

I don't buy into the doom and gloom scenarios for the Panthers, but...

RBIM4.gif

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 22s
Colts owner Jim Irsay suspended 6 games, fined $500K per source

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 9s
Per terms of suspension, #Colts owner Jim Irsay can’t be at club facility, attend practice or league functions or be active on social media

Tamanon

Banned
It's impossible to truly punish an owner anyways. The only thing that I imagine hurts is not attending the games, but that's just more time for blow.

Hunter S.

As for Pats, there is really no reason they couldn't win 12 or 13 games this year.

Just a bunch of wishful thinking on your part, man.

Yeah totallly agree no one should ever expect the Patriots AFC East competition to even rise to mediocrity. It is practicallly scientific law at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom