• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

zychi

Banned
Speaking of games journalism did you guys see that Activision/Bungie have decided to send out review copies of Destiny late so that reviews will not be out at launch? Interesting way to embargo review scores.
Thats fine, people have faith in bungie and got to play the beta. Its not like an EA or 2k game that changes a ton after review copies are out (see nba 2k everything being put behind paywalls after release)

I cant decide if i want destiny or not. Everyone i play games with irl is getting it, but the beta just made me want to play an mmo and halo. Both of which i'm getting in november

People have been posting videos from 4Chan that leap to unsubstantiated conclusions about these controversies involving Zoe Quinn and other friends of indie makers in the press.

There is now a group of trolls harassing indie darlings and outspoken press on Twitter about problems in the games press.

These trolls are distracting from people asking some real questions about the press, and now the trolls and those that send hate messages are being used as strawmen for articles like this from Leigh Alexander to wave away any journalistic responsibility they have.

There are now a bunch of press jumping in to either defend themselves or disagree with Leigh Alexander's article. The hate continues from both sides. Also, Adam Baldwin was involved in this thing doing something. It's hard to keep track of all this shit.

That's my best effort at summarizing this thing.

What a shitfest.

JABEE

Speaking of games journalism did you guys see that Activision/Bungie have decided to send out review copies of Destiny late so that reviews will not be out at launch? Interesting way to embargo review scores.

I think ez is talking about the Wainwright thread, but it seems like Activision has decided that this game is going to sell tons with or without the press. I would guess they don't want to risk the possibility that the press would shit on the game and its concept, so they are making it impossible for them to review it for the 9th. With how important online is for the game, it would seem inappropriate to review it before release anyway.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Some of y'all taking this stuff personally again.

I'd probably give Gata and [REDACTED] flak in real life but it wouldn't be 100% of the time. Hell I hope they're both there playing Destiny with me!

Obviously for the team killing

How does Leigh still have a job? I would think the nazi's were sexy thing would have been a big knock against her, but then being a financial reporter and not knowing why Bobby Kotick could pay $775 million out of pocket to rent the Staples center would have been the final straw for me if I employed her.

MRSA

Banned
Some of y'all taking this stuff personally again.

I'd probably give Gata and [REDACTED] flak in real life but it wouldn't be 100% of the time. Hell I hope they're both there playing Destiny with me!

Obviously for the team killing

You getting Destiny next week? Because I sure am. I'll try to play sober this time. Probably not.

Dragon

Banned
People have been posting videos from 4Chan that leap to unsubstantiated conclusions about these controversies involving Zoe Quinn and other friends of indie makers in the press.

There is now a group of trolls harassing indie darlings and outspoken press on Twitter about problems in the games press.

These trolls are distracting from people asking some real questions about the press, and now the trolls and those that send hate messages are being used as strawmen for articles like this from Leigh Alexander to wave away any journalistic responsibility they have.

There are now a bunch of press jumping in to either defend themselves or disagree with Leigh Alexander's article. The hate continues from both sides. Also, Adam Baldwin was involved in this thing doing something. It's hard to keep track of all this shit.

I haven't kept up with the idiots who are bullying people but Leigh Alexander's comments on the subject are some of the most poorly thought out tripe I've read in some time. She acts like she is so far above gamers even though they're the market she's writing for! I mean do you see in any other medium people being so completely irrationally insulting towards their target audience based on the actions of a few assholes?

I didn't realize I was posting with so many little bitches.

TOM-BRADY-FUCK-YOU-BITCHES.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You getting Destiny next week? Because I sure am. I'll try to play sober this time. Probably not.

You're never sober.

I'm pretty sure most people here have it preordered on PSN even. Have to preload it so we can bitch harder when the servers crumble on day one.

Dragon

Banned
You're never sober.

I'm pretty sure most people here have it preordered on PSN even. Have to preload it so we can bitch harder when the servers crumble on day one.

After my experience with discs on PS4, I will be completely digital from here on out. Sniper Elite was awful, a bunch of textures were PS1 level and the system went haywire. Completely in on digital, especially for grinding stuff on Vita without changing discs.

MRSA

Banned
You're never sober.

I don't buy digital so when I get frustrated with sucking I trade that piece of shit in.

Is the Vike bike back on this season?

It's back.

They'll go 8-8 and miss the playoffs.
Cassel will be hailed a true hero of the North when he defeats Rodgers in GB during week 5, only to lose the last game of the season vs. Cutler & Jared Allen in the frozen desolation of TCF, essentially knocking them out of WC contention. Ponder, who will be traded and win the starter job for the 49ers by week 6, will put on a legendary run in the playoffs, win the SB, and be on the cover of SI being lifted on the shoulders of Harbaugh and Joe Montana.

Bridgewater jerseys instantly become the second* most popular seller in Mall of America on December 29th, 2014.

*Jimmy Carter Kleinsasser will remain #1 for the foreseeable future.

In seriousness- I think with Zimmer and Turner the Vikes will be infinitely better than the clown show that was Frazier and Musgrave, but I honestly don't expect to see the fruits of their labor be beneficial until maybe 2015 or 2016. I like what they've done so far, I like what I've seen with Teddy, and I think this team could get good in a hurry. Packers/Bears/Lions fans probably secretly & begrudgingly agree. ;)

JABEE

Watt really got railroaded by the indefinite franchise tag. A player of Watt's caliber should be getting more guaranteed money. Suh is lucky he plays for the Lions. He's going to get some real UFA money.

Watt shouldn't be getting just a little more than what Mario Williams got three seasons ago. Watt is not only a better player, but he's younger than Williams was at the time.

I guess you can't feel too bad for Watt considering that he's going to be cashing in at least $31 million. The length seems really stupid too.

After my experience with discs on PS4, I will be completely digital from here on out. Sniper Elite was awful, a bunch of textures were PS1 level and the system went haywire. Completely in on digital, especially for grinding stuff on Vita without changing discs.
You are basing this decision off of... Sniper Elite?

eznark

Banned
I'm going full digital. I don't want to bother with trading in games anymore. Past couple weeks solidified the decision. Jumping between Madden, PvZ and The Golf Club without having to get up? GLORIOUS!

Mindlog

Reads like a spray fart.

Testing the opening week avatar. Too lazy to do a shitty job cropping out the head. Still, looks good.

What is it?
There was this really good PS Mini called Velocity. Basically an old-school top down shooter but with a lot of really unique mechanics. This is the sequel and it looks like it's going to have even more variety because they've added 2D platforming segments.

Should be very tightly designed and skill based but if it's anything like the first one it'll also be super fun and addictive.

Also, it's free if you are a PS+ member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom