• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
ModesR9.jpg

Only recipe you'll need for the rest of your life.
This just looks like a depressed bachelors last meal.

Farooq

Banned
@AdamSchefter
To be clear, Dallas would like to sign Michael Sam to practice squad, not active roster. First things first. Physical Wednesday.

fucking schefter!!

I am bit surprised by this. First Dallas says he is not a good scheme fit, second he is not explosive enough to play weak side end in Marinelli's scheme.

Eli Manning is 19th on the all-time career passing yards list with 35,345 yards.

If he passes for just 3000 yards this year, he will pass Dave Krieg, Boomer Esiason, Donovan McNabb, and Jim Kelly.

@RapSheet
Bills QB Kyle Orton got a 2-year, $11M deal, $5.5M this year.

Somehow Kyle Orton was the smartest player in the offseason. Showed up to 0 camps, peacefully parted ways with old desperate team, signed at the last second of preseason by new desperate team, gets $11 million without needing to do anything but stay on the team, and old desperate team is stuck with Backup Brandon Weeden.

This household will not support you any longer. You have 30 minutes to leave or I'm calling the police.

Darkest dad nooooooo!

I'll post a real one tomorrow. I'm just trying to get your attention, since you seem to like you daughter more than you do me!

Pls understand.

I don't know what I'm doing either. But not having the pressure of making shit work as a couple makes things a lot easier for me at least.

My Welker has a Manning if you know what I mean. We met for 3 days in a row without him knowing before Welker left abroad for 5 months.

With Manning.

Now that's a problem.

Let's not pretend it goes away on non-gamedays during the season.

I'll try to be more focused this season.

yahoo still has the niners ranked #1 in power rankings? lulz

if we are the best team in the league this year it will be the greatest coaching job in NFL history by harbs

I can't be the only one that's not sold on our secondary. Brock was solid last year but he wasn't amazing. I expect Reid to take that next step and Bethea seems like a solid addition but the rest of the CB's all seem like question marks to me. O-line looks like it might drop off significantly this year which I'm really worried about. Losing Aldon hurts but we have enough depth there to cover. *Knock on wood*...I'm glad we're playing Seattle later in the year.

If the offense sputters again this year, you think Harbs will let G-Ro go?

Bowser

Well...

Carolina Panthers ‏@Panthers 5s
The #Panthers have signed WR Stephen Hill to the practice squad and terminated LB D.J. Smith.

Smart move. Low risk, let him learn the playbook, if Bersin or Brown stink up the joint, promote him to the active roster in a month.

Doomsayer

Well...

Carolina Panthers ‏@Panthers 5s
The #Panthers have signed WR Stephen Hill to the practice squad and terminated LB D.J. Smith.

Going from a second round pick to a practice squad player in two years... impressive. He was always a project coming out of college though, maybe he can make something of himself.

Bowser

Small Hands contract details:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 3m
Alex Smith's deal includes $18M signbonus and $1M salary for '14, $11.9M base in '15, $14.1M base in '16, $10.2M base in 17 and $14.5M in 18

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m
Smith has $2M roster bonuses in 17 and 18. His $19M for 14 fully guaranteed and if on roster 3rd day '15 league yr, $26M in 15-16 fully guar

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
After my experience with discs on PS4, I will be completely digital from here on out. Sniper Elite was awful, a bunch of textures were PS1 level and the system went haywire. Completely in on digital, especially for grinding stuff on Vita without changing discs.

Most of my stuff on Vita is digital because of PS+ and the sales so that makes sense.

I bought Madden digitally as well as Diablo... I dunno, the convenience is too nice and I'm not poor anymore so I don't care if I can't trade it in later.

I don't buy digital so when I get frustrated with sucking I trade that piece of shit in.

You should just cancel the pre-order then and save yourself the time.

Well no I take that back, you'll do better than JABEE probably.

Small Hands contract details:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 3m
Alex Smith's deal includes $18M signbonus and $1M salary for '14, $11.9M base in '15, $14.1M base in '16, $10.2M base in 17 and $14.5M in 18

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m
Smith has $2M roster bonuses in 17 and 18. His $19M for 14 fully guaranteed and if on roster 3rd day '15 league yr, $26M in 15-16 fully guar

Smith completely got what he deserved. None of that Dalton settling shit. Smart. That's why he's one of the best.

I can't be the only one that's not sold on our secondary. Brock was solid last year but he wasn't amazing. I expect Reid to take that next step and Bethea seems like a solid addition but the rest of the CB's all seem like question marks to me. O-line looks like it might drop off significantly this year which I'm really worried about. Losing Aldon hurts but we have enough depth there to cover. *Knock on wood*...I'm glad we're playing Seattle later in the year.

If the offense sputters again this year, you think Harbs will let G-Ro go?

i will go a step further and say if we have a truly bad year (missing the playoffs) then harbaugh will be gone

Normally I got your back, but...I'll let you handle this one on your own.

Good Luck

Yeah...Thanks.

I didn't mean for it to go down like this. I didn't even really have a plan or anything. That was mistake 1.

Let the record show though, that I didn't DO anything with her when we saw each other again.

Yep. Would characterize it as $19m guaranteed, $45m "likely to be earned"

But that's not nearly as 'shocking'. People respond more to 64 million guarenteed which is good ratings and hits!

So Mcnabb was asked today if he thinks Foles is a franchise QB:

"I really can't answer that at this particular point, but if I had to give a take, I would say no. I think what he will do, he won't do what he did last year, that just won't happen. I see him being maybe a 25 touchdown, maybe 8, maybe 10 interception guy."

Everybody makes mistakes. You seriously need to cut ties though, that Welker sounds dangerous. She obviously doesn't care about you so no point in wasting your time.

Well it's not like she suddenly decided to leave for 5 months. I just didn't know it when we got into contact again a little while ago.

Oh well, she's gone for a while now. Maybe it's time to look for my own Edelman.

Thanks Darkest Dad

So Mcnabb was asked today if he thinks Foles is a franchise QB:

I understand former players often have to say "shocking" things to get attention, to benefit their career as an analyst with a "fresh" take and no holds barred style; lord knows Teddy Bruschi is in that clown boat. But it's especially asinine coming from McNabb, who faced some truly ugly media attacks as a player. You would think that he'd avoid doing similar shit, yet every time I hear from him he's popping off about QBs.

So basically McNabb doesn't think McNabb was a franchise QB

:jnc
Exactly. He had one season in his career with 25 TDs and less then 10 ints.

I understand former players often have to say "shocking" things to get attention, to benefit their career as an analyst with a "fresh" take and no holds barred style; lord knows Teddy Bruschi is in that clown boat. But it's especially asinine coming from McNabb, who faced some truly ugly media attacks as a player. You would think that he'd avoid doing similar shit, yet every time I hear from him he's popping off about QBs.

Mcnabb killed Romo when he got that new contract. He talks about RGIII a lot to. You are so right about it being odd of him to go after other QBs.

GB @ SEA
NO @ ATL
CIN @ BAL
BUF @ CHI
WAS @ HOU
TEN @ KC
NE @ MIA
OAK @ NYJ
JAX @ PHI
CLE @ PIT
MIN @ STL
SF @ DAL