• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter S.

9loUWh7.gif

You can tell Brock got beat up bad during his time in the UFC. lol

eznark

Banned
Coming from someone who watched his team embarrass Joe Webb in a playoff game, this is ice cold.

Webb had 5.3 passing yards per attempt in that game.

Think about that. Brady was 40% WORSE than Joe Webb. At that includes the first half where Brady was actually not quite as shitty!

xnipx

It has to do with the fact that there is evidence in this case. Acting on the rare chance you have to do something about domestic violence is important. More often than not it's a he said she said scenario with no resolution so it's important that Rice is punished severely. It will set a precedent.

So when a player is charged and convicted for domestic violence should they be released as well? What about people who settle out of court? Does that not admit guilt? The NFL has had plenty of chNces to be hard on domestic violence. Nobody cared until tmz got involved.

eznark

Banned
So when a player is charged and convicted for domestic violence should they be released as well? What about people who settle out of court? Does that not admit guilt? The NFL has had plenty of chNces to be hard on domestic violence. Nobody cared until tmz got involved.

What are you even arguing for?

I know your team let up late just to give McCown 1-2 moments so that Lovie will continue to say "Josh McCown is our Quarterback."

This league is corrupt, and I hate it.

I refuse to believe you hated that game more than last season.

MRSA and Schiano are more embarrassing than that gif

MechDX

Retweeted by Seth Payne
Travis Johnson ‏@trapj99 · 5m
Ray Rice wife must not have a daddy, cause if that was my child the Baltimore Ravens right now would be wearing a RR patch on their sleeve

Damn. Former and current players going in hard on Rice

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Retweeted by Seth Payne
Travis Johnson ‏@trapj99 · 5m
Ray Rice wife must not have a daddy, cause if that was my child the Baltimore Ravens right now would be wearing a RR patch on their sleeve

Damn. Former and current players going in hard on Rice

Ice cold.

DMczaf

I refuse to believe you hated that game more than last season.

MRSA and Schiano are more embarrassing than that gif

I hate this game more because I know we have the talent to win 10 games unlike last season, and this QB is going to hold us back all season. He looked scared, uncertain, and gunshy.

Tom Penny

The WR's aren't great but they weren't the main issue with those deep passes. Most of the throws were just terribly off. Brady's deep ball accuracy is gone.

Brady has never had more than an average long ball. He generally throws a flat ball instead of putting air under it. I'd say the main issue is that Miami played really good and the Pats played like shit the entire second half in every facet of the game so the result was obvious. I don't think Miami was in a 3rd and long the entire second half. Very rarely has the we dare you to run backfired on the Pats and they got shit on so Miami stuck with it and it payed with a win.

I remember celebrating like this back when JMU beat VT back in my freshman year of college. It's so much fun when a group of people can communally celebrate like this.
Oh man, you had to go there. :p

Yeah, it was an amazing win for the program, the biggest in a long, long time. Hopefully it's a sign that VT is going to be decent again after a few rough years.

xnipx

What are you even arguing for?

I'm arguing that this is hypocritical to crucify rice for something that has been going on for a long time and many people had a chance to stand up for.

Suggs poured bleach on his wife and kids and settled with no charges placed and everybody in Baltimore has amnesia that it happened.

People make mistakes all the time if they chose to work it out internally and the nfl didn't have a guideline on domestic abuse suspensions then why should he be released? Suspended I understand but released completely? Come on now

eznark

Banned
I'm arguing that this is hypocritical to crucify rice for something that has been going on for a long time and many people had a chance to stand up for.

Suggs poured bleach on his wife and kids and settled with no charges placed and everybody in Baltimore has amnesia that it happened.

People make mistakes all the time if they chose to work it out internally and the nfl didn't have a guideline on domestic abuse suspensions then why should he be released? Suspended I understand but released completely? Come on now

I'd release him, but then I'd have release Suggs and Walden and Aldon Smith and all those shit heels. Mostly because it's bad for business to keep them.

brentech

I hate this game more because I know we have the talent to win 10 games unlike last season, and this QB is going to hold us back all season. He looked scared, uncertain, and gunshy.
Better with Glennon.
Even before I knew Cam was out, I picked Bucs for that game.
I didn't pay enough attention to know that Glennon wasn't keeping his job.

Cloudy

Banned
If Rice gets cut or even further punished, the NFL is putting themselves on a slippery slope where mob rule controls their roster decisions

The WR's aren't great but they weren't the main issue with those deep passes. Most of the throws were just terribly off. Brady's deep ball accuracy is gone.

Brady's deep accuracy has been down for a while. That deep ball Edelman caught was under-thrown and just a great catch. Still, we need someone to step up at WR, we won't go far if Gronk and Edelman are the only two Brady can rely on.

The Pats offense was successful last year because they could run the ball. Take that away and get some pressure with 4 man rushes and Brady has no chance.

That's the key to beating the Pats. If you can get to Brady with only four guys the Pats will struggle. Miami was all over him in the second half and just dominated.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It will be fascinating to see what happens publicly if it is confirmed Goodell saw the tape beforehand. No way he could stay in power at that point.

eznark

Banned
If Rice gets cut or even further punished, the NFL is putting themselves on a slippery slope where mob rule controls their roster decisions

First they came for Keyshawn and I was silent.
Then they came for Richie and I was glad.
Then they came for a violent woman beater and I said "THIS! THIS IS TOO FAR!"

A strange hill to die on.

Spinluck

Truth hurts don't it

Sure does.

What do you think of Tammy retiring after this season? Assuming he keeps his word, "when I suck dogshit, I'll retire."

Tom Brady was 2-of-18 for 65 yards on throws at least 15 yards downfield. Brady missed (over or underthrown pass) on 11 of his 18 attempts (61 percent). Brady missed on 41 percent of deep throws last year. Brady was 0-for-12 in the 2nd half on throws at least 15 yards downfield. Brady's 16 incompletions on throws at least 15 yards downfield is the most by a quarterback in a game since the start of Stats & Info's data set (2006).

TheFatOne

The first half was pretty good. Especially the first scoring drive where Brady was accurate and spreading it around.

But it all went to shit real fast after that. The deep balls were beyond terrible. The only completion was the one to Edelman and even that one was terribly under thrown.

The thing is though, even with Brady off his game, the offense as a whole was shit. The quick screens, end arounds and shit like that worked really well in the first half and was able to hide some of the lack of talent at WR. But all that disappeared in the second half. The game plan for the second half was all kinds of messed up and the Dolphins adjusted and just took over with ease.

- 40 FIFA Ultimate Team Gold Packs
- FUT Loan Player
- The adidas® All-Star Team
- The adidas® Predator Boot Collection
- 3 new Celebrations
- Historic Club Kits

So 25 extra packs, the loan player and some other stuff. Sure most of it is unlockable anyway, but it's nice to have and the 25 packs are nice for 10 bucks extra.

Costa and Hazard are gonna pull me through! Ronaldo or no Ronaldo!
The majority of the ofensive problems are mostly all on Brady. Dude can't throw into tight windows consistently anymore. His deep ball is atrocious, and his passes 15-20 yards are shaky. He zones in on his bffs way way to much. Couple of throws yesterday he threw to a double/triple covered gronk/edelman.He needs all day to throw, and once you pressure him a few times he starts to get shook. Starts looking for his bffs and if they area triple covered than fuck it. He could have made a bunch of easier passes yesterday but chose to throw into double coverage instead. It's not new with Bradfy either. He did it a ton last year. His decision making has been poor since last season. That lob pass to a blankated vereen yesterday is a perfect example. Brady's skill is deteriorating as well as his decision making. It seems like it's good thing easier and easier to get Brady off his game. Of course the tackles were atrocious in the second half yesterday but Brady was garbage.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Or you know they're just helping the Ravens with what they should have done on day 1.

A dude who beat up his wife and was Trent Richardson bad last year. He should have just been cut and nobody would have signed him.

jmdajr

So they can't extra suspend him..but he can be cut with no legal troubles right????

Does any team need any good reason to ever cut anybody?

MechDX

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/64261/williams-on-watt-very-little-you-can-do

•J.J. Watt proved right away that he was worth his huge contract. Not that the Redskins were surprised by what he did: one sack, two tackles for loss, five quarterback hurries and a blocked extra point. Left tackle Trent Williams, slumped in his chair postgame, said, “I mean, I know who J.J. Watt was. We knew he’d be something to deal with. He’s really the one that hurt us. We knew that was going to happen. There’s very little you can do to shut him out.”

shut-you-down-o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom