• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Brady was 2-of-18 for 65 yards on throws at least 15 yards downfield. Brady missed (over or underthrown pass) on 11 of his 18 attempts (61 percent). Brady missed on 41 percent of deep throws last year. Brady was 0-for-12 in the 2nd half on throws at least 15 yards downfield. Brady's 16 incompletions on throws at least 15 yards downfield is the most by a quarterback in a game since the start of Stats & Info's data set (2006).

This is such a beautiful post. I cant stop reading it. Everyone knew that the end was coming for the Pats but to see it happen like this is amazing. I remember when Brady could cover up for other weakness the team had, now he is the one the rest of the team has to try and cover for.

Sounds like it's a grade 3 sprain though, which could be a couple months of recovery time. Better than being out for the year of course, but still hurts.

Yeah I am getting conflicting things from what I am reading. Some said it's Grade 3 which is actually a tear, some said it may not be a Grade 3.

Also, I blame Peters for at least one of Foles fumbles. What happened to Peters? From all pro to getting trashed like three times.

Dragon

Banned
This is such a beautiful post. I cant stop reading it. Everyone knew that the end was coming for the Pats but to see it happen like this is amazing. I remember when Brady could cover up for other weakness the team had, now he is the one the rest of the team has to try and cover for.

Who's going to finish with a better record this year YH? Pats or Eagles?

Well damn. DAMN.

Next man up, I guess.

That's unfortunate, he seemed like the main man for the Fins yesterday when he was playing.

Hopefully some of it is just timing issues with the new offense, but yeah, accuracy has to be better.

The amazing thing is Tannehill actually had time to work through his reads occasionally. That was probably a little confusing for him.

This offense has a lot of weapons. We didn't see much of Hartline, Gibson, Matthews, Landry, or Clay yesterday. Each of those guys is probably good for at least one big game this season.

yeah hopefully it's something he just needs to work out because even though he played better in the second half it was still a very poor showing overall. Hopefully the run game keeps it up, that'll be a huge help to him.

The defense did enough to win the game yesterday, it was the offense that lost the game.

What game were you watching? The defense looked gassed and couldn't stop Moreno at all.

@JamesWalkerNFL
Joe Philbin said LB Dannell Ellerbe will be on IR and the team will sign Kelvin Sheppard.

Good, our rookies played better without all 3 starters anyways.

Yeah I am getting conflicting things from what I am reading. Some said it's Grade 3 which is actually a tear, some said it may not be a Grade 3.

Also, I blame Peters for at least one of Foles fumbles. What happened to Peters? From all pro to getting trashed like three times.

Peters was the worst player on the OL yesterday. It was crazy seeing him get beat so much, especially by speed rushes. Hopefully it was just first game rust, because if not they are fucked big time.

yeah hopefully it's something he just needs to work out because even though he played better in the second half it was still a very poor showing overall. Hopefully the run game keeps it up, that'll be a huge help to him.

What game were you watching? The defense looked gassed and couldn't stop Moreno at all.

Good, our rookies played better without all 3 starters anyways.
You mean when they couldn't get any rest because the offense kept stalling

Peters was the worst player on the OL yesterday. It was crazy seeing him get beat so much, especially by speed rushes. Hopefully it was just first game rust, because if not they are fucked big time.

He looked really good in the preseason, especially game 3. If he has some injury or issue it would definitely be bad. He seemed fine in the second half though. I am going to chalk it up to him just sort of not showing up in the first half or something. He made Foles look worse than he was (which was still very bad).

Who's going to finish with a better record this year YH? Pats or Eagles?

That's unfortunate, he seemed like the main man for the Fins yesterday when he was playing.

I already said in the offseason that I thought that the Eagles would. I dont think either team is good, but the Eagles offense should at least be good enough to win them some regular season games. I thought last year for the Pats was a mirage, a dominate rushing attack covered up a lot for the offense, the OL is bad and the WR/TEs are not good enough to prop up whatever is left of Brady. We will see if the defense gels but they looked bad yesterday, Revis cant handle speedy guys at all. DJax just ran by him last year like it was nothing and Wallace got behind he multiple times yesterday. I will say 8-8 for the Pats and 9-7 for the Eagles. Eagles make the playoffs due to being in a worse division.

MechDX

I feel pretty good about picking up the Houston D!
:) :) :) :) :) :)

Everyone, including myself, is fixated on the monstrous game Watt had but Reed and Mercilus both had good games yesterday. Reed especially is finally utilizing some of the raw strength and speed he has and was getting after RG3 yesterday while playing at both the ILB and OLB spots.

Not sure what Mike Vrabel did with them but Im liking it so far.

gutshot

He sort of blamed it on the receivers and Foles in his post-game comments. Saying he was just pushing his man upfield and he wasn't sure if the receivers weren't getting open or what. He then couched it by adding he just has to stay on his man longer and give Foles another second or two.

He did seem to get beat pretty quickly at least once or twice. The whole team looked off in that first half though. I'm not too worried about him.

Dragon

Banned
I already said in the offseason that I thought that the Eagles would. I dont think either team is good, but the Eagles offense should at least be good enough to win them some regular season games. I thought last year for the Pats was a mirage, a dominate rushing attack covered up a lot for the offense, the OL is bad and the WR/TEs are not good enough to prop up whatever is left of Brady. We will see if the defense gels but they looked bad yesterday, Revis cant handle speedy guys at all. DJax just ran by him last year like it was nothing and Wallace got behind he multiple times yesterday. I will say 8-8 for the Pats and 9-7 for the Eagles. Eagles make the playoffs due to being in a worse division.

Would you care to have an avatar bet at the end of the year? We'll just go based on regular season record and if the teams end up with the same record we won't do anything.

He sort of blamed it on the receivers and Foles in his post-game comments. Saying he was just pushing his man upfield and he wasn't sure if the receivers weren't getting open or what. He then couched it by adding he just has to stay on his man longer and give Foles another second or two.

He did seem to get beat pretty quickly at least once or twice. The whole team looked off in that first half though. I'm not too worried about him.

Well the second fumble, Peters got beat, but he gave Foles plenty of time. It was Peters coverage that got the sack though, and Peters did get backed up, but with how long Foles had the ball it was ridiculous. Didn't he have a checkdown at the very least?

Trey

Best thing about the Bills game yesterday was how fast Watkins looked. He didn't pop off yesterday, but he simply ran by coverage. Can't wait till the scheme starts to really use him, and Manuel stops overthrowing the ball.

The Eagles coaches are going to have to find away to get the WRs open quicker. If Foles first read isnt there it takes him eons to bring the ball down and reload. It is the thing that worries me most about the game, it felt like a bunch of times Foles first read was covered and by the time he was ready to throw again he was getting hit. Where were the quick crossing routes that DJax used to do so well?

The defense did enough to win the game yesterday, it was the offense that lost the game.
pats.png

Wonder if they can trade for an established guard to shore up that line?

9C89A9228C1A030DA0913D622642330EB01B32A9

With Dante they could plug in scrubs and it worked regardless. That's why he was the GOAT. Now, not so much.

Still, just adding Mankins wouldn't have fixed that shit show from yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom