• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Watched Texans game over lunch. Watt is just insane. Polumbus had no chance.

I'm curious to see what the word is on how the plan to use Swearinger. He played almost like a LB, and was all over the place. Makes mistakes but also makes plays. Still does some cheap stuff but he also looks much better than last year

TheFatOne

But they've won super bowls and have had success in the playoffs.

Also, don't act like you wouldn't want the success the Patriots have had.
LOL success in the playoffs? Are we watching the same team? The biggest choke job ever in the super bowl is now a success?They were gifted an opportunity at the super bowl by ravens, and have been annihilated by any good team in the AFC championship game. How's that success in the playoffs?

Eagles backup tackle Allen Barbre has a high ankle sprain and will be out 4-6 weeks. Just in time for Lane Johnson to get back from his suspension. Uhg.

Evan Mathis has an MCL sprain but is seeking a second opinion. Since it's not an MCL tear that is pretty promising. Depending on the severity that can be a fairly short injury compared to what looked like a season ender when he went down.

funny how one bad half make the patriots a failure as a team

tdr chill bruh
What did I do?

I still think the Pats will be pretty good this year and I expect them to win the division. Obviously yesterday was great for the Dolphins and their fans but it's only one game.

That said, if I was a Pats fan I'd be worried about Brady's play yesterday and last season. I said the same thing during the offseason.

MechDX

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer · 42s
Texans S DJ Swearinger told me Jadeveon Clowney said in the immediate aftermath he stepped on one of "the holes" in the NRG Stadium field.

Please McNair switch to the field turf field.

Bread

Banned
Brady was hot garbage a full game. On top of being mediocre at best all year last year.

But yeah, let's pretend it was just one bad half.
Brady was 15-21 before the half and he orchestrated a couple of nice scoring drives. Once the Dolphins were able to get constant pressure with a 4 man rush the offense stopped moving.

What did I do?

I still think the Pats will be pretty good this year and I expect them to win the division. Obviously yesterday was great for the Dolphins and their fans but it's only one game.

That said, if I was a Pats fan I'd be worried about Brady's play yesterday and last season. I said the same thing during the offseason.
You compared us to the Eagles bro! The Eagles...

Dragon

Banned
The Patriots played like unadulterated diarrhea in the second half. There's no reason for anyone to defend it. The first half they played decently.

The Dolphins also had a friggin blocked punt for God's sake, the what if game is stupid and pointless. The Fins won, the Pats lost, the end. Move on to the Vikings.

Spinluck

Was Gronk hurt that game? Dude couldn't get separation from some backup LBs for some stretches of the game. Probably rust, but it didn't help that Brady was forcing it to two guys for most of the 2nd half.

MechDX

Was Gronk hurt that game? Dude couldn't get separation from some backup LBs for some stretches of the game. Probably rust, but it didn't help that Brady was forcing it to two guys for most of the 2nd half.

When the QB is focusing on one receiver its not hard for a defense to lock in on that single target.

Dragon

Banned

He played like 40% of the snaps (like 33 out of 86 or something like that). He's obviously still not 100%, but yeah it's a bit worrying.

He wasn't fully healthy. Didn't play much the 2nd half. This was his first game he played in this year though.

Fox318

The Patriots played like unadulterated diarrhea in the second half. There's no reason for anyone to defend it. The first half they played decently.

The Dolphins also had a friggin blocked punt for God's sake, the what if game is stupid and pointless. The Fins won, the Pats lost, the end. Move on to the Vikings.

But what about the amazing mind of Bill Belicheat?

I like his plan of making no adjustments in the 2nd half and trading away your top olineman.

Dragon

Banned

I like his plan of making no adjustments in the 2nd half and trading away your top olineman.

Belichick makes dumb moves certainly, but his career speaks for itself. You want to talk shit because your team played the Raiders, go for it, there's not much I can say.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I know how we can rid ourselves of this Pats infighting.

tcDjCdS.jpg

TIME TO RIDE THE BIKE!

TheFatOne

Another reason I'm not to worried is that they always play like dog shit in Miami.
Most likely rust and not in game shape. No real preseason or camp.

TheFatOne

This is a silly post at least the second half is. The problems came from the tackles for the most part yesterday not the guard who replaced mankind.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Eagles backup tackle Allen Barbre has a high ankle sprain and will be out 4-6 weeks. Just in time for Lane Johnson to get back from his suspension. Uhg.

Evan Mathis has an MCL sprain but is seeking a second opinion. Since it's not an MCL tear that is pretty promising. Depending on the severity that can be a fairly short injury compared to what looked like a season ender when he went down.

Holy shit Allen Barbre isn't out of the league yet?

gutshot

Sounds like it's a grade 3 sprain though, which could be a couple months of recovery time. Better than being out for the year of course, but still hurts.

Truth hurts
I really hope the offense tightens it up as the season goes on. I want to see:

1. Dion Sims make that TD catch.

2. Wallace catch that long ball in bounds for the TD (or Tannehill throw it a foot more to the left).

3. Tannehill hit Wallace on that early INT.

4. Fewer drives stalling inside the ten (2 off the top of my head).

5. Less fumbling.

lol dude just fell through the floor of a storage room on the second floor, he didn't fall all the way though, he's ok

Edit:
I really hope the offense tightens it up as the season goes on. I want to see:

1. Dion Sims make that TD catch.

2. Wallace catch that long ball in bounds for the TD (or Tannehill throw it a foot more to the left).

3. Tannehill hit Wallace on that early INT.

4. Fewer drives stalling inside the ten (2 off the top of my head).

5. Less fumbling.

And more Hartline, surprised they took him out of the game. I hope that was an off game by Tannehill, his accuracy was never that bad last year if ever.

Bread

Banned
The first half was more important for the Pats, just like how the comeback is more important than the win sometimes.

And more Hartline, surprised they took him out of the game. I hope that was an off game by Tannehill, his accuracy was never that bad last year if ever.
Hopefully some of it is just timing issues with the new offense, but yeah, accuracy has to be better.

The amazing thing is Tannehill actually had time to work through his reads occasionally. That was probably a little confusing for him.

This offense has a lot of weapons. We didn't see much of Hartline, Gibson, Matthews, Landry, or Clay yesterday. Each of those guys is probably good for at least one big game this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom