• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I still cant believe the league made her sit next to Ray when she gave her side of the story. This whole situation was totally fucked, I hope no other team picks him up now.
I just think people are incredibly naive if the they think the NFL and the Ravens didnt know the truth. The entire situation has been a debacle. The Ravens should be disgusted. This is a PR move.

Either that or I'm very cynical.

Should have fired Roger Goodel.

better combat than a bungie game and a fantastic story

yankeehater has lost his mind

Did you even play Destiny? It doesnt play like a Bungie game at all. It is a copy of BL2 but with a much worse skill system, and special powers that take way to long to use and do way to little. The story in BL2 was fantastic, they did a great job with the humor. It is probably the best use of humor I can think of in a game.

eznark

Banned
That it wasn't done sooner, only thing that can be said really.

Assuming the team is honest when they say they didn't see the video (and I feel like they basically have to be telling the truth here, I mean c'mon it's like the easiest lie in the world to get caught on)...

I do kind of think, from a "void the contract" standpoint that this complaint is a little unfair. He plead out of the serious conviction and his wife was unwilling to work against him. Innocent until proven guilty and all of that.

I would like to think that the club was just hoping for evidence to be able to cut him, but given the PR response and interviews from club officials it's clear that was not the case.

:jnc at the cartel trying to slide this in today. Welcome back to the land of the collegiate football program living, jak

@slmandel: BREAKING: NCAA has restored Penn State's postseason eligibility immediately.

Bread

Banned
Right thing to do but that cap hit next year is big. Why were they paying him that much?
he was great when they paid him, not sure what happened after that happened though.

Did you even play Destiny? It doesnt play like a Bungie game at all. It is a copy of BL2 but with a much worse skill system, and special powers that take way to long to use and do way to little. The story in BL2 was fantastic, they did a great job with the humor. It is probably the best use of humor I can think of in a game.
sure i played it, i'm not buying it because i already have a loot game in my life atm but i think it was much more interesting and fun than borderlands.

borderlands's humor was so low brow, it was great for teens i guess.

squicken

I'm not sure about that. Patterson has some beef to him, he's Percy Harvin 2.0. Austin is a tiny guy, I can't see him running between the tackles like Harvin/Patterson.

Yep. Schotty is a fool but Tavon is just not built for that kind of game. He's basically a Desean Jackson clone, but not as good. When there was a debate about Tavon or Patterson, the Rams GM said they already had Brian Quick so they didn't need another player like that

So yeah, Snead should be fired

Fox318

Finally someone is thinking about what really matters:

ZHGH2Rs.jpg

Really?

Tabris

Hopefully Peyton is smart enough to know when to hang them up. I hope for his legacy that we can win another Superbowl and let him retire like a legend. I'd hate to see him hang around too long. He said as much last night, so hopefully he stands by it.

He's going for those Elway 2.

Wonder how Goodell will explain this one.

He doesn't need to. He works for the owners, and he makes them way too much money for them to care. He can throw a baby of a bridge at this point, and the owners be like "so how much we make last year?" Alright keep doing what you do Roger.

This fantasy football show should really be talking about the moral and societal issues underlying domestic violence and what our nations institutions can do to combat the apparent growing epidemic.

FALL BACK NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRD.

TheFatOne

I just think people are incredibly naive if the they think the NFL and the Ravens didnt know the truth. The entire situation has been a debacle. The Ravens should be disgusted. This is a PR move.

Either that or I'm very cynical.

Should have fired Roger Goodel.

Agree 100%. You aren't being overly cynical in this situation. There were rumors/talk earlier that the NFL saw this exact video. NFL knew what it was doing, and so did the Ravens. This is just a pr move.

:jnc at the cartel trying to slide this in today. Welcome back to the land of the collegiate football program living, jak

@slmandel: BREAKING: NCAA has restored Penn State's postseason eligibility immediately.
Disgusting. It wasnt even close to long enough originally. I hate pedo state so much and hope that they do terrible every year for ever.

Bet the ravens are really pissed they didn't get
Terrance West Now 😳

:lol sneaking it in

LJ11

Hard to believe that Ravens brass didn't see this footage, I mean what kind of background work did they do when this happened? First thing you look at would be video footage of the incident. How did they not see this footage? Insane to believe that they didn't, even though it would also be insane to think they would deny seeing it after actually viewing it...

Greg Aiello ‏@gregaiello 33s
Roger Goodell has announced that based on new video evidence that became available today he has
indefinitely suspended Ray Rice.

orly Rog

Someone get this clown the fuck outta here. I wonder, with the amount of revenue he's generating for the owners, is there anything Goodellfuhrer can actually do to get fired.

Fox318

Hard to believe that Ravens brass didn't see this footage, I mean what kind of background work did they do when this happened? First think you look at would be video footage of the incident. How did they not see this footage? Insane to believe that they didn't, even though it would also be insane to think they would deny seeing after actually viewing it...
Oh they all knew about it they just thought they could cover it up.

Goodell should resign.

Time for comish Tebow to stand up.

cdyhybrid

Roger Goodell has announced that based on new video evidence that became available today he has

orly Rog

Someone get this clown the fuck outta here. I wonder, with the amount of revenue he's generating for the owners, is there anything Goodellfuhrer can actually do to get fired.

:jnc

Goodell is trash.

LJ11

orly Rog

lol

How can this video footage slip through their hands with the squad they have on payroll? Gross incompetence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom