• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

I cant wait for more Josh McCown ball next week

Here's a gif that hasn't been overplayed for your viewing pleasure:

mccown.0.gif

slabrock

Banned
I just have to survive another hour and a half at work. Then I'll go home, cut the grass, get a pizza (gonna try that pretzel crust one from Pizza Hut) and watch the Lions blow out the Giants.

Pizza hut has a pretzel crust? Little Caesars has one and by all accounts is is pretty bad

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 9m
The NFL says a decision on potential discipline for #Panthers DE Greg Hardy is pending. He has an upcoming trial.

He's screwed but that's not our problem

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I just have to survive another hour and a half at work. Then I'll go home, cut the grass, get a pizza (gonna try that pretzel crust one from Pizza Hut) and watch the Lions blow out the Giants.

Not even going to lie I'm a bit nervous for some reason. There is absolutely no reason the game should be close but it's been a long offseason (it always feels like that). Its only Week 1 but this is a statement game for us in front of the whole country.

Not even going to lie I'm a bit nervous for some reason. There is absolutely no reason the game should be close but it's been a long offseason (it always feels like that). Its only Week 1 but this is a statement game for us in front of the whole country.

Deep down inside you know fatford going to fuck this up don't you? You're conscience is talking to you.

Tom Penny

The NFL and Ravens are freakin gutless. The guy was already punished (albeit lightly). How can you let public outrage with zero new information lead to this? What did folks think a knockout punch would look like?

Nice precedent set here. Why shouldn't DUIs now lead to players being cut too? It's just as bad if not worse than hitting a woman IMO.

Crisco

Banned
Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 9m
The NFL says a decision on potential discipline for #Panthers DE Greg Hardy is pending. He has an upcoming trial.

He's screwed but that's not our problem

Yeah, he'll probably be on another team by the time that suspension comes down. From a football standpoint, his stock couldn't be higher and there are plenty of teams that need D-line help, even with a pending 6-game suspension. I say sign and trade his ass for some picks.

Just think: if it weren't for the Ray Rice or Penn State stories, the top story every sports channel would have been talking about: "Are We Witnessing the End of Brady?"

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Goodell honestly should probably resign, just because he hasn't shown himself competent in anything beyond signing marketing deals.

I think it's those marketing deals that has made the owners very wealthy hence he won't be asked to resign until the bottom line is hurt.

I didn't realize the NFL went back and suspended Ray Rice indefinitely after (laughably) giving him only 2 games. The video shows exactly what was described when everything came to light (I think you all already said this).

Whole thing has been ridiculous.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Deep down inside you know fatford going to fuck this up don't you? You're conscience is talking to you.

Stafford will be OK we just need to get the Lolions mentality out of out heads as a team, fanbase and organization.

Staffords' line tonight will be 3 TDs, 1 INT, 355 Yards, 68% CR

Patricia Traina @Patricia_Traina · 2m

ICYMI, the NFL Network has reported the LB Jon Beason will start tonight.

As expected. Curious to see his work load though. There's been some reporting that his reps would be limited.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Just think: if it weren't for the Ray Rice or Penn State stories, the top story every sports channel would have been talking about: "Are We Witnessing the End of Brady?"

So what you're saying is that the patriots caused all of this in order to keep brady from being the top story? or were they the ones that gave TMZ the tape? Because I'm willing to believe either one.

So I have friends who claim that Brandon Mebane's wife is saying that Golden Tate really was having a you know with Russell's wife (or former wife now).

jakncoke

Banned
Stafford will be OK we just need to get the Lolions mentality out of out heads as a team, fanbase and organization.

Staffords' line tonight will be 3 TDs, 1 INT, 355 Yards, 68% CR

Along with 23 tacos and a 12 pt loss
So I have friends who claim that Brandon Mebane's wife is saying that Golden Tate really was having a you know with Russell's wife (or former wife now).

So Maple Bars arent the only thing Golden Tate takes

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

You've been a lifelong Lions fan and being nervous is an issue? I'm nervous before every game. It's the Lions.

Spinluck

I wouldn't really say that I find Peyton more attractive than Luck, but whatever floats people's boat.

I really need to set up a PSN account. FIFA is almost here!

Now now, Peyton has a huge forehead. You know what they say about guys with huge foreheads right?...
Big helmets!

Anyway

I wasn't talking about Peyton and Luck my friend!

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/09/06/3365808_britt-says-practicing-against.html?rh=1

But you generally won’t hear it spoken about the way Seattle Seahawks rookie right tackle Justin Britt did Thursday after his start against the Green Bay Packers.

“It was kind of slower,” he said.

Britt didn’t mean that the pro game was slower than what he was used to from his college days at Missouri.

He meant playing against the Packers seemed slower than what he faces every day in practice against the Seahawks defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom