• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doorman

Got a little bit scary toward the end of the first half, but a nice win for the Lions overall. I still firmly believe that drafting Ebron was a complete useless waste, and I don't think that our O-Line is as hyped up as last year is leading people to believe. Also the oft-bemoaned secondary depth will bite us hard when we face an offense more potent than what Eli managed.

Carolina on the road will be a big test, especially if Newton is feeling good enough to move around.

matthew-stafford-bald.jpg

I thought Prince played well.

I thought the DT's and line in general had a really nice game until they just gassed out at the end.

I thought Larry Donnell had a solid game for being a complete unknown at tight end but even then he had issues (the pick)

That's it as far as the positives to take away from the game.

sonicmj1

The Giants look awful.

Even with this performance, the secondary looked more competent than I'm used to, but the entire offense is a flaming dumpster fire. Bad receivers, bad offensive line, and Eli doesn't look sharp at all. Like this, we'll be lucky to get more than 4 wins.

The future looks bleak, and not just this year.

Man Stafford looks in shape, and played great. Constantly climbed into the pocket, audibles, nice run, etc. and very good decisions although I think that second td could have been an INT.

BUT...if I'm Rodgers watching this game I'd have a huge boner. Lions secondary in vunerable.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
$100+ million in the bank and a hot wife.

I'd just shave my head and embrace the baldness, who cares really?

Does a bear shit in the woods?

:jnc

Someone give this to :kas when he inevitably loses an avatar bet this season.

I've got the bet going with him. It's not off to a good start but we've got a long season ahead.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Went to the grocery store for a beer run real quick with my Stafford jersey on before the Chargers game.

Lots of "wow you guys might actually be good" etc.

My shoulders are broad and confident as I wear this jersey, NFLGAF. Almost like I'm Matthew Stafford himself.

I thought Prince played well.

I thought the DT's and line in general had a really nice game until they just gassed out at the end.

I thought Larry Donnell had a solid game for being a complete unknown at tight end but even then he had issues (the pick)

That's it as far as the positives to take away from the game.

I give your credit for seeing positives, I give them all an F, Sunday's game doesn't get any easier too, Fitz is coming to town.....the fucking nightmares..

Dragon

Banned
Went to the grocery store for a beer run real quick with my Stafford jersey on before the Chargers game.

My shoulders are broad and confident as I wear this jersey, NFLGAF. Almost like I'm Matthew Stafford himself.

I think Stafford's shoulders would be classified as fat, so maybe that's the difference between you two.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I'm sure you've got the gut to match too.

Nah just kidding, nobody is as fat as Stafford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom