• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Breaking Madden returns!

Quest to see if Clowney can get 201 sacks in a single game!
edsbs.0.gif

powe.0.gif

push.0.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm sure someone much more intelligent knows the answer, but I still remember when Jerry told the league to fuck themselves and went with Nike as uniform provider. Found a loophole and got around it.

Didn't Jerry back out of all of the revenue sharing deals in the NFL? So basically the Cowboys are screwed if they ever become like the Jags?

I think that's how he has all these different sponsors.

cajunator

Banned
How many people own a practice squad play jersey?

nah but Saints fans have a lot of jerseys of UDFA's
Several of them make the team and play very well. Pierre Thomas for example and Lance Moore. More recently Junior Gallette came out of nowhere and made starting linebacker and hes the only one worth a shit.

cajunator

Banned
Also guys I ate Chipotle for lunch based on everyone spooging about it.

Exactly as I remember it from law school. It's decent and filling but nothing to write home about. I think the only fast food joints that I like are CFA and Popeyes.

luckily CFA and Popeyes are all over the place here. Dont think I could live without them.
I will try Chipotle as soon as its open. The Whole Foods shopping center is about to open and I think Chipotle is in there.

jakncoke

Banned
Him signing Sam is a media circus, but the right kind. It's a feel good story that will land him praise and sell jerseys like hotcakes.

Tebow is just a flat out circus.

Cash money is cash money. Tebow was always in the like top 15 of Jersey sales.

Niners fans - any comments on him? No clue who he is.

Solid backup horrible starter. He had a solid year two seasons (or 3?) ago as our starting RG (He was better than Chilo Rachal that year- anyone looks like a pro bowler when compared to Chilo). Cardinals picked him up- Was promptly exposed as a terrible starter and re-signed with us last year as a backup.

KaYotiX

Banned
Also guys I ate Chipotle for lunch based on everyone spooging about it.

Exactly as I remember it from law school. It's decent and filling but nothing to write home about. I think the only fast food joints that I like are CFA and Popeyes.

Chipotle sucks unless you live in a place with no real Mexican food. Then it's just barely better than Taco Bell

Vyer

I'm going to spam the shit out of that JJWatt graphic in them there social medias.

Also, If the NGage was the champ in dumb awkward design, that galaxy edge is coming hard for the title.

Edit: sorry ez

Hunter S.

Chipotle sucks unless you live in a place with no real Mxican food. Then it's just barely better than Taco Bell
meh, it is way healthier than most Mexican food, with a lot less wait. All kinds of Mexican food is my fav. inluding fast food burrito shops. but chipotle creates taste orgasims with good healthy ingredients that the rest rarely do..

eznark

Banned
BRB's Brett Kollmann breaks down Ryan Mallet's preseason and potential.

Better than what we had. Suck it Case!

hahahahaa

I am a firm believer that in order for one to have any sort of credibility when they are proven right, they must also admit when they are wrong. I was dead wrong about Ryan Mallett. The combined package of pure arm talent, pocket presence, and mental acuity that I saw against Philadelphia and Washington in the preseason was far beyond anything shown from any Texans quarterback this August. Some of Mallett’s throws were simply breathtaking.

Well that's convenient. He sucked when he was on another team but now that he is your quarterback you're willing to "admit" you were wrong about him.

MechDX

hahahahaa

Well that's convenient. He sucked when he was on another team but now that he is your quarterback you're willing to "admit" you were wrong about him.

Yes because most of us just like the everyday reporters go by the stats. Kollmann is actually pretty good at these breakdowns and has been more correct than wrong in the past.

I love how you just casually overlook "Better than what we had" by the way. Predictable.

Yes because most of us just like the everyday reporters go by the stats. Kollmann is actually pretty good at these breakdowns and has been more correct than wrong in the past.

I love how you just casually overlook "Better than what we had" by the way. Predictable.
I stopped reading at "terrific quarterback."

My initial thought it we overpaid. My next thought was, "What other choice did we have?"

There aren't any elite QBs walking through that door. And I do believe he's top 10 or so in the position.
Do you think he'll ever take the Chiefs to a SB win?

Bowser

"League's best defensive line is in Detroit" -- Kastrioti

That chart doesn't say shit honestly. Carolina, San Fran, Jests, all in the bottom half, all were good to great defenses. The top 6 on that chart didn't even make the playoffs.

hahahahaa

It is nuts that he is so high on Mallet after the preseason, when Jimmy G looked way better then him against the same teams. Mallet is going to suck but at least the Texans didnt give up much for him.

eznark

Banned

I didn't actually get a chance to read it yet, I just loved that opening.

Speaking of throwing a laser, Mallett’s ability to sling it across his body while rolling out is truly awe inspiring.
No, sorry, I can't take this seriously. I tried, despite the first in-depth breakdown being Mallett throwing a nice pass to his wide open first read route. Wow.

Farooq

Banned
Why the fuck are the Cowboys holding a press conference to announce the signing of a practice squad scrub?

It was just a regular press briefing by Garrett. It wasn't a special press conference for Sam. The same type of weekly press conferences held by every coach in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom