• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
"League's best defensive line is in Detroit" -- Kastrioti

I know he plays a different position but Watt really puts Suh in perspective. A DE can be a gamechanger, and a HoF caliber one like Watt is worth huge bucks. I just don't think a DT is. Worse yet, a DT on a team that already has doled out huge contracts to two players. You can't build a winning team with your nearly 40% of your cap going to three guys. I think Megatron is the best WR in the league, Suh is at least a top 3 DT; Stafford...meh, but given how the league works it's not surprising that he got a big extension. Someone has to go, you can't have three players paid that much. If I could ditch Stafford and get a game managing QB who could throw downfield like Wilson I'd jump at the chance...but that's not going to happen. Suh is the odd man out.

We were bad at the worst possible time and have to deal with those horrible top 10 rookie contracts. No point in deluding ourselves. Getting rid of Suh could easily open the door for us to sign three good starters. A good CB, a good DE, hell maybe another DT.

I know he plays a different position but Watt really puts Suh in perspective. A DE can be a gamechanger, and a HoF caliber one like Watt is worth huge bucks. I just don't think a DT is. Worse yet, a DT on a team that already has doled out huge contracts to two players. You can't build a winning team with your nearly 40% of your cap going to three guys. I think Megatron is the best WR in the league, Suh is at least a top 3 DT; Stafford...meh, but given how the league works it's not surprising that he got a big extension. Someone has to go, you can't have three players paid that much. If I could ditch Stafford and get a game managing QB who could throw downfield like Wilson I'd jump at the chance...but that's not going to happen. Suh is the odd man out.

We were bad at the worst possible time and have to deal with those horrible top 10 rookie contracts. No point in deluding ourselves. Getting rid of Suh could easily open the door for us to sign three good starters. A good CB, a good DE, hell maybe another DT.

2 WR's and a pass catching TE. If Stafford was only surrounded by 5 pro bowlers then he could be truly elite. /kas

I'm not used to rational Lions fans anymore.

eznark

Banned
I hate the Onion because I hate fun but this is just perfect.

Lions preview:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/on...paign=Pic:2:Default&recirc=fantasy-football#3

Strengths: Franchise has consistently maintained standard of Lions football for several decades; Team excels at putting previous weeks’ games behind them

Weakness: Effectiveness of pass rush hinges on consistent performance of mentally unstable psychopath

Key Player: Matthew Stafford’s cannon arm capable of putting ball into deepest reaches of triple coverage

Coaching Philosophy: Head coach Jim Caldwell should return to successful strategy of ensuring Peyton Manning is his quarterback

Goal: Home attendance spike due to greater number of vagrants living in Ford Field

Projected 2013 Record: 7-9

Fucking cunt that took my shift tomorrow backed out because she has a doctor's appointment. Who the fuck schedules an appointment one day out? I have to wait a week unless it's an emergency. She probably found out the game was tomorrow and wanted to get drunk and pretend Clay Matthews was her boyfriend.

I'm not happy.

Talon

Good job, good effort, Sports Illustrated.
VJ3kXU3.png

LREtxwS.png

QG2Y7Ur.png

aJ3rTEW.png

WFldnx0.png

cajunator

Banned
Fucking cunt that took my shift tomorrow backed out because she has a doctor's appointment. Who the fuck schedules an appointment one day out? I have to wait a week unless it's an emergency. She probably found out the game was tomorrow and wanted to get drunk and pretend Clay Matthews was her boyfriend.

I'm not happy.

The one good thing is I can watch any games from work on the flat screens.
We have control over the TV channels and such as long as we return the screens to the weather channel on monday.

Bowser

I hate the Onion because I hate fun but this is just perfect.

Lions preview:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/on...paign=Pic:2:Default&recirc=fantasy-football#3

Browns preview is great too:

Strengths: Distractions from Johnny Manziel should provide welcome change of pace from Josh Gordon distractions; Authorized to play against other NFL teams and, at least in theory, compete for spot in playoffs

Weakness: Job security completely foreign concept to anyone who coaches, plays, roots for team

Johnny Manziel: Johnny Manziel

Biggest Advantage: Fact that Browns’ starting quarterback Brian Hoyer is hometown kid from Ohio will greatly improve his ability as an NFL quarterback

Coach: Experience as Browns head coach will be invaluable to Mike Pettine during future defensive coordinator jobs

Number Of Cameras Currently On Johnny Manziel: 12

OSN Stat: The average Browns coaching search stops one candidate shy of the correct choice

Biggest Offseason Rumor: Browns incredibly close to agreeing to trade with 49ers to ruin Jim Harbaugh’s coaching career

Fun Fact: Our society is designed to reward someone like Johnny Manziel

OSN Analysis: Cleveland’s championship hopes rest entirely on LeBron James

http://www.theonion.com/articles/on...on-sports-2014-nfl-preview-afc-north,36837/#5

Tom Penny

Mark Brunell popping Mollies with Welker. Ranks top 8 QB's he'd want to start a team with and has RGIII Romo and Kap and no Rodgers.

Gigglepoo

Is it just me, or is that 8-point spread in the Denver/Indy game insane? It's times like this that I wish I was a gambling man. I would load up on Indy, San Diego (underdogs in AZ!?) and Minny (underdogs in KC!?!?!) this week.

eznark

Banned
Don't you have a ton of free time and a pile of severance? What better time to beecome a gambling man?

Mark Brunell popping Mollies with Welker. Ranks top 8 QB's he'd want to start a team with and has RGIII Romo and Kap and no Rodgers.

Probably would also refuse to play with Sam. Brunell is a bigot confirmed.

Gigglepoo

Don't you have a ton of free time and a pile of severance? What better time to beecome a gambling man?

Well, yes to the former. Not sure about a pile of severance, though. My wife probably doesn't want my next profession to become desperate gambler, sadly.

Drakeon

Is it just me, or is that 8-point spread in the Denver/Indy game insane? It's times like this that I wish I was a gambling man. I would load up on Indy, San Diego (underdogs in AZ!?) and Minny (underdogs in KC!?!?!) this week.
Minny is playing St Louis, but yes, you're right. I picked the vikings.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Everyone keeps jumping on Indy, but their offensive line isn't great, they lost Ballard for the whole year, and Mathis is suspended. I'm not seeing it.

Gigglepoo

Everyone keeps jumping on Indy, but their offensive line isn't great, they lost Ballard for the whole year, and Mathis is suspended. I'm not seeing it.

Oh, I don't think much about Indy. They're basically a poor man's version of Green Bay: phenomenal QB with a middle roster everywhere else. I just think that spread is crazy. Luck will lead the Colts to plenty of garbage TDs to keep things closer than 8.

Minny is playing St Louis, but yes, you're right. I picked the vikings.

Oh, good call. That Titan/Chiefs game is a messy poop of a game. I don't know who will win there.

So be good at it!

First lesson, don't put money on the Vikings on the road.

Ha! We'll see. I gave up fantasy football in part because it made games less fun. I imagine gambling would be super stressful. Maybe, though...

Oh, I don't think much about Indy. They're basically a poor man's version of Green Bay: phenomenal QB with a middle roster everywhere else. I just think that spread is crazy. Luck will lead the Colts to plenty of garbage TDs to keep things closer than 8.

Oh, good call. That Titan/Chiefs game is a messy poop of a game. I don't know who will win there.

Ha! We'll see. I gave up fantasy football in part because it made games less fun. I imagine gambling would be super stressful. Maybe, though...

The Packers WR's corp is fucking insane, Lacy is also a beast. They are far from middling everywhere.

Syrinx

Bucs put Charles Sims on IR/designated for return. Will be eligible to come off in Week 9. Still sucks for a young rookie to be battling a potential season-ending injury.

Gigglepoo

The Packers WR's corp is fucking insane, Lacy is also a beast. They are far from middling everywhere.

That's why the Colts are the poor man's version of the Packers. Really, though, both rosters are mediocre with a couple bright spots. Compare them to other contenders and it's pretty jarring.

It's one of the reasons I think Rodgers and Luck are the two best QBs in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom