• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think he'll ever take the Chiefs to a SB win?

I don't think anyone will take the Chiefs to a SB win, LOL.

Hmm? That's a stretch.

Quarterback A:
343 completions on 570 attempts for a 60.2% completion rating. 3,822 yards. 23 TDs to 9 INTs. 87.0 rating. 239 yards per game.

Quarterback B:
308 completions on 508 attempts for a 60.6% completion rating. 3.313 yards. 23 TDs to 7 INTs. 89.1 rating. 221 yards per game.

Hint: One is a consensus top five QB and the "future" of the league. The other is Alex Smith.

eznark

Banned
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-med...aymakers/825e4e64-ad78-4194-bc1b-4febb90d8ca5

Bwlb8dNCQAA5UUZ.png

HIDE YO WIFE HIDE YO KIDS

mallet.jpg

Mindlog

This is one of the weirdest starts to a season for the Bucs. The variance from basement dwellers to sleeper playoff team is wider than anything I've ever read. Usually among analysts there is a general consensus with a few outliers, but this season is a real clusterfuck.

Syrinx

This is one of the weirdest starts to a season for the Bucs. The variance from basement dwellers to sleeper playoff team is wider than anything I've ever read. Usually among analysts there is a general consensus with a few outliers, but this season is a real clusterfuck.

It's really hard to project what we're going to do this year. Closer we get to the season both my optimism and nervousness increase.

eznark

Banned

Quarterback A:
343 completions on 570 attempts for a 60.2% completion rating. 3,822 yards. 23 TDs to 9 INTs. 87.0 rating. 239 yards per game.

Quarterback B:
308 completions on 508 attempts for a 60.6% completion rating. 3.313 yards. 23 TDs to 7 INTs. 89.1 rating. 221 yards per game.

Hint: One is a consensus top five QB and the "future" of the league. The other is Alex Smith.

Your second part on Luck is spot on. Consensus top 5 today? I don't see it.

Also Luck put those numbers up when he was 24 in his second year. Smith's was in his 9th.

Going based on far from perfect DVOA/DYAR Smith is in the bottom third (Luck was at about midline).

Gigglepoo

There are too many who doubt McNown. Whatever. I've been driving the bandwagon since 2003.

cdyhybrid

Also Luck put those numbers up when he was 24 in his second year. Smith's was in his 9th.

Going based on far from perfect DVOA/DYAR Smith is in the bottom third (Luck was at about midline).

Plus Luck didn't have Jamaal Charles, although I'd say Luck's receivers are slightly better than Tiny Hands'.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Sounds like the type of offense you would want to beef up your secondary to face.

watch us take an RB in the first or second round next year.

DT is almost a given in one of the first two rounds. They're losing Suh and Fairley next offseason.

Also Indy's o-line. It's a damn miracle Luck put up those numbers with that team. Smith wouldn't stand a chance.

eznark

Banned
He's been driving the McCown bandwagon, not the Bucs bandwagon.

Although I'm not sure you wanna be driving either bandwagon

16-22

42% win rate v. 41% win rate. Same difference!

McNown hasn't played a game for the Bucs yet. He'll show you! He'll show all of you!

I kind of doubt McNown will ever show me anything except maybe where the bathroom is at a Chicago land Wal Mart.

Also Indy's o-line. It's a damn miracle Luck put up those numbers with that team. Smith wouldn't stand a chance.

Yup.

Quarterback A:

Quarterback B:

Considering Luck a top 5 QB now is a stretch. Anyone who says that is overrating him a tad.

And like ez said, a second year QB putting up comparable numbers as your guy who's been in the league for a decade isn't a good look for your dude.

You got that the other way around. Gata is the one that constantly makes swamp/detroit like threats of taking us to the swamps to disappear. Also we have never threatened to beat up a person and everyone in their family tree!

You left the fort, you knew the consequences.

This is a Popeyes thread friend. You better take that gas station-tier garbage out of here. Have you learned nothing from our posts?

unless you don't have Popeyes where you live, then you have my sympathy

:jnc

It's not all that it's cracked up to be when the Seahawks are acting like a big dog with one championship compared to Green Bay's 13, Chicago's 9, and New York's 8.

Hell Detroit has 4 so you should take their place.

Man if you were kidding you pulled an Officer Farva by taking it way too far.

Edit: found a great gif that seems applicable

votztu.gif

Hey they name the thread after my comment the following week.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=881678&highlight=weekly

#NoRegrets!

I went with Greg but Rando got mad at me....tread carefully

I thought you were banned! Ok Go Hawks! (Rando I hope we are friends again :( )

And I'm about to be ban again after I'm done with you!!!!!

Bowser

Agree with Lacy. Packers receivers? Great group of guys, none of them truly exceptional. Rodgers makes that offense shine.

Uh, Jordy is exceptional. He put up 85 rec, 1,314 yards and 8 TDs playing half the season with the poo poo platter of Matt Flynn, Scott Tolzein, and Seneca Wallace.

Striker

Plus Luck didn't have Jamaal Charles, although I'd say Luck's receivers are slightly better than Tiny Hands'.
With Wayne, yeah, but he had Hilton and nobody else for half the year (including the post-season). Smith is a good player but he's always had that strong run game behind him (both with SF and KC).

MechDX

This is the reason I feel they take a step back this year. That o line is just terrible.

Texans pass rush will be fierce, Gus Bradley will greatly improve the Jags defense with some nice additions and Horton now calls the defense for the Tacks. As bad as the AFCS is the Colts o line is worse

Bowser

This is the reason I feel they take a step back this year. That o line is just terrible.

Texans pass rush will be fierce, Gus Bradley will greatly improve the Jags defense with some nice additions and Horton now calls the defense for the Tacks. As bad as the AFCS is the Colts o line is worse

The Colts O-Line has been dumpster fire trash since Luck was drafted and yet they've still put up 22 wins in 2 seasons.

Gigglepoo

It pains me to do so, but I'm predicting a packers win. Fraudgers going to style all over a pedestrian looking Wussle.

Not going to happen. The home teams always win these home openers (I think), and Seattle is still stacked. Brutal draw for the Packers.

MechDX

The Colts O-Line has been dumpster fire trash since Luck was drafted and yet they've still put up 22 wins in 2 seasons.

And now it has gotten worse while the 3 other defenses in the division have or should have improved greatly. He took quite a few nasty hits last year. this year it gets worse.

cdyhybrid

Not going to happen. The home teams always win these home openers (I think), and Seattle is still stacked. Brutal draw for the Packers.

Eh, it's not that bad. Every team has rough road games, and it's only one game. The pressure is on the Seahawks, because they've set a standard where they basically aren't supposed to lose to anyone at home.

The worst D in the league and a 4-12 team?

Pack also dropped a ton of points on the Steelers last year but that defense was also shit.

Bad D's or not you still have to have some abilities to put up points in the NFL. I dont see the Bills racking up points and yards each week no matter who they are playing. The whole was that the Packers WRs are better then middling, do you really disagree with that?

Pack has no chance. Opening day game. Seahawks aren't like the Rats who managed to win the Super bowl in their last gasp and had nothing left come opening day.

I am sorry I should not have gotten upset, that was very immature of me, I apologize, please forgive me!! Also please feel free to root for who you wish, this is America after all!! :cool:

All is forgiven!! *hugs

Hey they name the thread after my comment the following week.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=881678&highlight=weekly

#NoRegrets!

And I'm about to be ban again after I'm done with you!!!!!

But I said go hawks! :(

And like ez said, a second year QB putting up comparable numbers as your guy who's been in the league for a decade isn't a good look for your dude.

You are assuming Luck is going to become way better over the years. I predict a slightly less husky Stafford.

Smith isn't going to improve at this point, but I think Kool-Aid Reid will loosen the reigns on him some. Especially after the playoff performance, where he thoroughly outplayed Luck and was the best player on the field. Shame about the Chiefs' defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom