• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrayfield

I was at that game too, also went to the saints - chargers and rams - pats. Wouldn't go again unless the Rams were playing because y'know, London sucks.

If there was a team in the Midlands I'd probably get season tickets tbf

Where are you based, Zvonko? I have a hard time finding a lovely place to live in the UK where one can find a job. Maybe a small town somewhere that's nice (I went to a wedding in Chester once and that seemed like a nice enough place but I couldn't suffer so many City and United fools). But London is where it's at for me. Also have quite a few buddies there so kind of looking forward to it. Shame you hate it so much.

Dan Graziano @DanGrazianoESPN · 5m

The Giants are signing former 49ers OL Adam Snyder. Not sure yet whether that means Schwartz goes short-term IR or not.

Niners fans - any comments on him? No clue who he is.

KaYotiX

Banned
Brewers are falling apart.

Wisconsin football is quite literally imploding. (If you aren't paying attention, it's fucking unbelievable).

I lost to shitheel AZ in the first game of Madden league.

This is a nightmarish week...Packers are going to die.

Agree about Brewers and Badgers..... I'm undefeated so far in my MUT season so I'm kinda happy (5-0)

I have a good feeling about tomorrow night though. Packers start the Seahawks slump!

cajunator

Banned
Im gonna say "fuck it" and go get me some more ginger beer.
Ive been drinking a few sweet drinks lately but its been cane sugar sweetened stuff which tastes much better than that HFCS garbage.

Decent backup guard, awful backup tackle. He get's pushed around in pass protection but is a solid run blocker / puller.

If he has to play tackle though, Eli will be dead by week 4.
He'll be a guard. We have plenty of backup tackles that could cost Eli his life already.;)

Thanks for the feedback.

Where are you based, Zvonko? I have a hard time finding a lovely place to live in the UK where one can find a job. Maybe a small town somewhere that's nice (I went to a wedding in Chester once and that seemed like a nice enough place but I couldn't suffer so many City and United fools). But London is where it's at for me. Also have quite a few buddies there so kind of looking forward to it. Shame you hate it so much.

The wonderful paradise that is Birmingham.

London would be ok if you removed all of the Londoners and Australians, had drinkable water and the cost of living was slashed in half.

So basically if it was Birmingham.

Pro

12 man draft last night. Got Graham at number 19 in the second round lol.

jSgPWFC2GaEI4.JPG

Schwartz is officially being placed on short term IR. Means he can't practice until Week 8.

Ebenezer Samuel @ebenezersamuel · 25s

It's official. Snyder's a Giant. Giants are also placing G Geoff Schwartz on IR-designated to return.

eznark

Banned
Lol. One of the complaints from idiots was that the Rams cut a guy they just drafted, how could they!!!

Cowboys cut their 7th round pick to make room for Mike Sam.

bionic77

Agree about Brewers and Badgers..... I'm undefeated so far in my MUT season so I'm kinda happy (5-0)

I have a good feeling about tomorrow night though. Packers start the Seahawks slump!
This sounds crazy but I think the Seahawks would be better off concerning their chances of repeating if they lost that first game.

You want to peak in December. Too many SB champs come out and peak in September and October. The others are fucking train wrecks.

oneHeero

Picking up Sam was a good idea, our defense needs all the help we can get and Sam made some plays during the preseason as well as during his college time.

BigAT

Are you even allowed to sell jerseys of practice squad players? I guess you can, otherwise Jerry wouldn't even be signing him in the first place.

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
The Giants also signed DT Dominique Hamilton to the practice squad.

Oh shit! Can't wait to get my Dom Hamilton jersey!

Striker

He'll be a guard. We have plenty of backup tackles that could cost Eli his life already.;)

Thanks for the feedback.
Reading some notes on BBI, he's had some bad seasons recently. Poor pass blocker.

Now you have to think if he's any worse than the likes of Reynolds and Brewer.

eznark

Banned
As for Peppers, Thompson knew he needed a bookend rush threat for Clay Matthews this season. He knew Peppers had played well against Green Bay over the years, and he felt that, at 34, Peppers still had enough left to come in and play well. And there was one other thing: Peppers is almost as private a man as Thompson. “In this day and age of huge publicity and player egos and media leaks,” Thompson says, “that was a pretty extraordinary negotiation. We made the deal [three years, $27 million], and he and his agent flew in. He took the physical, we shook hands, signed, and the deal was done. We don’t announce it right away, and two days later, when we announce it, it was a surprise to everyone. I was thinking, I love this. Today, that’s almost impossible to do.”

KuGsj.gif

bionic77

Also guys I ate Chipotle for lunch based on everyone spooging about it.

Exactly as I remember it from law school. It's decent and filling but nothing to write home about. I think the only fast food joints that I like are CFA and Popeyes.

Vyroxis

Banned
You dont think there will be one with Sam? I had espn2 interrupt the FIBA game i was watching the other day to notify me the rams had cut Sam

Him signing Sam is a media circus, but the right kind. It's a feel good story that will land him praise and sell jerseys like hotcakes.

Tebow is just a flat out circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom