• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

This is mandatory for the OP of the new thread:

Tom Brady was 2-of-18 for 65 yards on throws at least 15 yards downfield. Brady missed (over or underthrown pass) on 11 of his 18 attempts (61 percent). Brady missed on 41 percent of deep throws last year. Brady was 0-for-12 in the 2nd half on throws at least 15 yards downfield. Brady's 16 incompletions on throws at least 15 yards downfield is the most by a quarterback in a game since the start of Stats & Info's data set (2006).

Fox318

I heard Hernandez is going to defend Kraft

JMyIhAF.jpg

He looks like he respects women

This is mandatory for the OP of the new thread:
I've been thinking about it, this weekend of football might be my favorite of all time. Keep in mind I have never seen the Dolphins or VT win anything (outside of a few bowl games for VT but who cares) so my standards aren't really that high, haha.

Amazon shipped my copy of Destiny but they are showing expected delivery of tomorrow. That's not the USPS site but Amazon and that has been wrong before so hopefully it arrives today.

I'll be a bit pissed if it doesn't but not too badly. I was working my way through Metro 2033 on the PS4 and it will give me an opportunity to continue on with that before diving into Destiny but man I wanted to play tonight.

Dolphins have a legit chance of being really good this season if their running game tempo is high and their D is crushing it like against the Pats. Tannehill needs to correct some mistakes, too.

You guys watch this video of Lazor talking yesterday and tell me if I'm being a homer.

I just love everything he says. It's so clear that he's a detail oriented perfectionist and I love it. He doesn't say anything good about Tannehill, he rightfully points out how he needs to get better and clean up the mistakes. It feels so good to have a coach that is constantly pushing the players to be better while also putting them in a situation where that is possible. Could not be more impressed at this point.

eznark

Banned
So the NFL has incompetent investigators. I'd say that protects Goodell. Had TMZ been able to prove he had seen it he was fucked, but that incompetence suggests they really were just going with whatever the cops gave then. t

I'm just saying I'm playing Diablo 3 and Final Fantasy XIV and Assassin's Creed Unity's coming out Super Smash bros for 3ds and WII U, DLC for Mario Kart 8, Call of Duty and Battlefield I don't really have time for Destiny if it doesn't pull me in.

Isn't there a guy at TMZ who claims he had footage that the NFL had footage of the video

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This is TMZ's massive exposé?

So the NFL has incompetent investigators. I'd say that protects Goodell. Had TMZ been able to prove he had seen it he was fucked, but that incompetence suggests they really were just going with whatever the cops gave then. t

Yeah, this won't do anything to Goodell. League went to the cops and took what they got from them.

bionic77

I wouldn't have asked for the video either.

That is the polices job. I would have assumed they would have done a thorough investigation and relied on their findings. They also talked to the couple. They are busy enough without having to investigate every player in the NFL.

Not everyone thinks that digging through a celebrity garbage is normal behavior TMZ....

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So the Bills are officially being bought by the Sabres owner. That team is going nowhere.

eznark

Banned
I wouldn't have asked for the video either.

That is the polices job. I would have assumed they would have done a thorough investigation and relied on their findings. They also talked to the couple. They are busy enough without having to investigate every player in the NFL.

Not everyone thinks that digging through a celebrity garbage is normal behavior TMZ....

Well I assumed they hired outside investigators or have them in house. If not then yeah, y

Goodell has been full of shit for a while now and nobody cares about what he does unless it effects their club

Spygate didn't get nearly enough scrutiny...why in the actual fuck did you burn those tapes?

36 million dollars salary cap hit for the Redskins--for breaking something that wasn't even a written rule in the CBA. That was a STUNNING blow, almost unbelievable and nobody gave a shit because lul Redskins.

Ray Rice coverup

bionic77

Goodell has been full of shit for a while now and nobody cares about what he does unless it effects their club

Spygate didn't get nearly enough scrutiny...why in the actual fuck did you burn those tapes?

36 million dollars salary cap hit for the Redskins--for breaking something that wasn't even a written rule in the CBA. That was a STUNNING blow, almost unbelievable and nobody gave a shit because lul Redskins.

Ray Rice coverup
Spygate is something the league actually should have investigated and been transparent about. That concerns the end product which is what they should be concerned about.

You don't really expect most employers to do the kind of investigation you are suggesting. Like I said that is the polices job. Most employers are not going to keep tabs on you or review videos to see if you are dirtbag husband.

Like I said this is the NFL. I don't expect them to go through anyones trash to see who they fucked or what they ate. As long as you fulfill their rules what you do on your own is your business.

zychi

Banned
The NFL is the American version of FIFA. No matter what happens, people will still watch. They have sway over the government, can push politicians to allow new stadiums, schedule things at ungodly hours, be completely neglectful of the law.

No surprise if Goodell gets no punishment, no surprise if he gets a raise. Everyone is talking about the NFL, and there is no bad press. Making money for the NFL regardless of what the players do off the field.

bionic77

The NFL is the American version of FIFA. No matter what happens, people will still watch. They have sway over the government, can push politicians to allow new stadiums, schedule things at ungodly hours, be completely neglectful of the law.

No surprise if Goodell gets no punishment, no surprise if he gets a raise. Everyone is talking about the NFL, and there is no bad press. Making money for the NFL regardless of what the players do off the field.
I am no fan of Goodell but why is this his fault?

A player in the league was a scumbag and KO'ed his wife. He did it in the offseason. It was not at the Ravens facility.

This is about Ray Rice. You can blame the police if you want to, but it is not the job of the NFL or any employer to investigate into the personal lives or every employee. I am sure a lot of players, coaches and executives for the NFL and every corporation do shitty things at home. But what employer actually does an "investigation" into that shit? You only do that if it is affecting the business, someone sees/snitches on them, or they get arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom