• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are assuming Luck is going to become way better over the years. I predict a slightly less husky Stafford.

Smith isn't going to improve at this point, but I think Kool-Aid Reid will loosen the reigns on him some. Especially after the playoff performance, where he thoroughly outplayed Luck and was the best player on the field. Shame about the Chiefs' defense.

You dont think Luck is going to continue to improve? What the fuck is going on. I feel like this was copy and pasted from the Onion.

rando14

You what more exciting than the NFL season starting tomorrow? The League comes on tonight!!!!!!!!

ibgetHOgXfzBn8.gif

Greg

You are assuming Luck is going to become way better over the years. I predict a slightly less husky Stafford.

Smith isn't going to improve at this point, but I think Kool-Aid Reid will loosen the reigns on him some. Especially after the playoff performance, where he thoroughly outplayed Luck and was the best player on the field. Shame about the Chiefs' defense.
a Tragicomedy post

jakncoke

Banned
There are too many who doubt McNown. Whatever. I've been driving the bandwagon since 2003.

I like this comment some kid made 5 years after the upload and 11 years years after the footage was taken from a cam. Logic really goes out the window with people on YT comments lol

77Lassiter8 months ago

dont you know how to upload a video MORON

Fox early

01-FOX-E.png

Red New Orleans @ Atlanta -- Kevin Burkhardt, John Lynch [AK; HI]
Blue Buffalo @ Chicago -- Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston, Tony Siragusa
Green Washington @ Houston -- Thom Brennaman, David Diehl
Yellow Minnesota @ St. Louis -- Dick Stockton, Kirk Morrison
Gray NO GAME

CBS early

01-CBS.png

Red Cleveland @ Pittsburgh -- Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts
Blue New England @ Miami -- Greg Gumbel, Trent Green [AK; HI]
Green Oakland @ NY Jets -- Jim Nantz, Phil Simms
Yellow Tennessee @ Kansas City -- Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon
Purple Cincinnati @ Baltimore -- Spero Dedes, Solomon Wilcots
Teal Jacksonville @ Philadelphia -- Andrew Catalon, Steve Tasker, Steve Beuerlein

Fox late

01-FOX-L.png

Red San Francisco @ Dallas -- Joe Buck, Troy Aikman [AK; HI]
Purple/Blue (or whatever the fuck you want to call it) Carolina @ Tampa Bay -- Chris Myers, Ronde Barber

No troll now. What actually leads you to believe that Andrew Luck will not improve with experience in the league like 80% of young QB's do?

He's already better than Stafford.

Bad D's or not you still have to have some abilities to put up points in the NFL. I dont see the Bills racking up points and yards each week no matter who they are playing. The whole was that the Packers WRs are better then middling, do you really disagree with that?

Of course not. Thing is Packers O has never really had a problem scoring points, despite a recent revolving door of receiving talent. Pack is great at getting guys that fit their system, but I wouldn't pay huge money to get any of them.

Doomsayer

Just stop.

Luck is already better than Stafford.

Gigglepoo

Of course not. Thing is Packers O has never really had a problem scoring points, despite a recent revolving door of receiving talent. Pack is great at getting guys that fit their system, but I wouldn't pay huge money to get any of them.

Agreed. It was the same during the Favre era. Were Brooks, Freeman, etc great? Or did they just look great playing with an all-time QB?

jakncoke

Banned

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story...-give-receiver-walker-sixyear-55-million-deal

lol raiders

Since last Thursday, the Raiders have doled out more than $144 million in contracts to defensive tackle Tommy Kelly ($50.1 million), safety Gibril Wilson ($39 million), and Walker ($55 million).

top lol

Unleash the dragon, Alex!

smithn3six.gif

Spinluck

Bruh...

1AdzjTq.png

Smith isn't going to improve at this point, but I think Kool-Aid Reid will loosen the reigns on him some. Especially after the playoff performance, where he thoroughly outplayed Luck and was the best player on the field. Shame about the Colts' defense.

Fixed

Chiefs' D got like 5 turnovers.

ShaneB

Agree with your second point, no comment on your first point about Luck, lol.

Not disputing that! Dolphins are SB bound in some iteration of the multiverse!

Marshall Faulk has them in the playoffs! There's a chance!

I'm still getting used to you being a Chiefs fan.

Keep doing your thang

Love it. Much prouder to call myself a Chiefs fan and be a part of a team that is building, a team that could go up or down, all sorts of questions, and just have enjoyed paying attention closely and I'm just excited to be along for the ride wherever it goes.

Andrew Luck is the next Peyton Manning. Great talent who drags garbage to the playoffs then can't win with it, but dominates in the regular season which keeps his GM his job until it's too late and his career is wasted.

DT is almost a given in one of the first two rounds. They're losing Suh and Fairley next offseason.

Yup. While I hate we'll lose both without getting anything through a trade, at the same time they're going to free up a lot of space for us to really make a splash in FA.

I'm not buying anything Fairley is selling. The fluff pieces about him getting a chef reminds me of the fluff pieces when he showed up to OTAs in shape. Wake me up when he shows some consistency.

Watch some of the locker room interviews he has done this year. Just last week he was saying the demotion had no impact on him, he said he's going to keep doing the same things he always does (but now claims he'll also work on consistency), etc. Dude just...isn't there mentally. What type of guy can't even get his act together in a contract year?

There are some decent DT FAs next year who we can get for far cheaper.

jakncoke

Banned
Shit, those 538 numbers on the AFC North suggest it's going to be a real fun race over there.

There are other reasons to think Pittsburgh will improve on 8-8, such as the arrival of wide receivers Lance Moore and Darrius Heyward-Bey to bolster the passing game. But the timing of the Steelers’ eight wins last year isn’t one of them.

wat. If anything we got worse in the passing game.

Crisco

Banned
Luck is good but he gets way too much of a pass from the media. Dude is 1-2 in the playoffs with 8 INTs to 6 TDs. Although I guess that makes the comparison to old Manning quite apt.

ShaneB

Luck was 29-45 for 443 yards and 5 total TDs in that game. No way did small hands out play him.

He also threw 3 INTS.

Smith went 30/46 for 378, no INTs.

He outplayed him by one point. Had the last play of the game been in bounds, the Chiefs would've won on a FG.

It's a moot point because the Colts won, but it was very close. But as the argument goes, until Luck wins a SB, he's completely useless too ;)

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
My body is ready. I just read via Rapoport that Jerry Jones had called Dez personally to inform him about the Sam signing saying it's "a sign he's a leader [Dez]." End the Dez praise, please.

Sidenote: know most of you are probably already in fantasy leagues, but we had a few people drop out of ours (Auction, Yahoo, 9:30pm ET draft) and would love to be able to draft tonight. Shoot me a PM if you want in!

Luck is good but he gets way too much of a pass from the media. Dude is 1-2 in the playoffs with 8 INTs to 6 TDs. Although I guess that makes the comparison to old Manning quite apt.

The media desperately search for any angles to validate their own narratives. When Luck and Cam have had relatively similar careers so far, one is still the golden child, next coming of Montana, future GOAT, and the other is a no-good bum who can only run fast and can't lead a team.

There, I just wrote Peter King's intro to his next article.

Gigglepoo

Andrew Luck is the next Peyton Manning. Great talent who drags garbage to the playoffs then can't win with it, but dominates in the regular season which keeps his GM his job until it's too late and his career is wasted.

Manning's teams have always been loaded on offense. Plus, Luck is way more versatile than Manning has ever been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom