• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
aWOEwWC.jpg
Yesssssssss! Love him!

10588685.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Just found out I got a scholarship to take my personal training classes and test this weekend. It's a 3 day event fri - Sunday so might miss the game on Sunday if the test runs long -_-

Pls fight ignorance for me Browns Gaf. Might try and record it and go media black out if I know I'm gonna miss it. ...
This probably won't work

Congrats!

And dude it won't work to try to go blackout. You live in Ohio. It'll be spoiled.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Just found out I got a scholarship to take my personal training classes and test this weekend. It's a 3 day event fri - Sunday so might miss the game on Sunday if the test runs long -_-

Pls fight ignorance for me Browns Gaf. Might try and record it and go media black out if I know I'm gonna miss it. ...
This probably won't work

Steelers to style all over the Browns in bg's honor.
It's going to happen whether you jinx it or not, bro.

Miguel

In the spirit of the OP, and the fact that he regularly trounced me, yardage-wise at least, with Shaun "Teflon" Alexander, I present my new avatar.

jmdajr

Lots of people here worked hard to have the option of being lazy at a desk. Granted fast track lane to the grave because of how unhealthy it is, but you earned it!

Combine the fact that Week 1 games have statistically more upsets than any other week in the NFL, and the post-super bowl decline thing and I think GB actually has a shot at that game.

He edited the second paragraph in. I'm laughing at this first part.

But also about empathy. Empathy is for suckers.

Here here.

Also, what is so hard about the fundamental concept that people get paid based on the value of their work? It has nothing to do with people being held back or compassion really. It has to do with the value of the labor.

Combine the fact that Week 1 games have statistically more upsets than any other week in the NFL, and the post-super bowl decline thing and I think GB actually has a shot at that game.

Here here.

Also, what is so hard about the fundamental concept that people get paid based on the value of their work? It has nothing to do with people being held back or compassion really. It has to do with the value of the labor.

McDonalds and other fast food companies are making billions off of their labor, so it does seem to have some value. I would like to see wealth distributed more equably but I know that will never ever happen.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
"working as an executive is no harder today than 50 years ago"

I laughed heartily at that one too. Minimum wage threads are consistently my favorite.

Uh, most of the executives I've worked for or worked around pretty much don't sleep. They also somehow seem to keep tabs on all the small details in everyone's job function. These people are literally superhuman and have skills and abilities that far exceed most peoples.

Lots of people here worked hard to have the option of being lazy at a desk. Granted fast track lane to the grave because of how unhealthy it is, but you earned it!

I worked my ass off in college. I think I've earned the right to post on Gaf during work in between coding sessions.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think we've established that cajun needs to find his balls and ask for a raise.

Based on everything you've told us, you have experience and skills that are uncommon for your company and they would have a hard time replacing you. That means ask for a raise!

Dragon

Banned
"working as an executive is no harder today than 50 years ago"

I laughed heartily at that one too. Minimum wage threads are consistently my favorite.

I laugh at people under poverty lines too. It's pretty awesome completely ignoring the actual facts of things because I'm comfortable where I'm at. So what if other people have a terrible quality of life, that's not my problem!

Gaf I need your help

Should I start aaron Rodgers or Brady ?

Patriots play the dolphins.
Green Bay plays Seattle.

Why did you draft both of those QBs in the first place? Rodgers is obviously way better, even fantasy wise, but he's playing Seattle so yeah I dunno man.

Wrayfield

McDonalds and other fast food companies are making billions off of their labor, so it does seem to have some value. I would like to see wealth distributed more equably but I know that will never ever happen.

I'm more concerned with what "skilled" office worker, whatever that might be, makes $15 an hour in that discussion. I admit I have no idea about pay scales in the US but to be upset about a McD single mom wanting more (15 ain't gonna happen but come on, minimum wage works) b/c oneself doesn't seem to make much makes little sense to me. Looks to me like both sides need to earn more.

Fox318

I think we've established that cajun needs to find his balls and ask for a raise.

Based on everything you've told us, you have experience and skills that are uncommon for your company and they would have a hard time replacing you. That means ask for a raise!

Threaten to reroute all of the trucks to different states and lock everything up with this as an image on your computer

xIpY6Vb.gif

Just make sure not to let the dino fences go down

You don't calculate labor just by profits. You calculate it by how valuable the labor itself is. But that's not really what I was getting at because I do think the minimum wage should be raised some as well. The point is that of course people in other slightly higher paying jobs are going to complain about unskilled labor getting paid more, because paying them more devalues the more skilled labor. They SHOULD complain.

Doomsayer

I'm more concerned with what "skilled" office worker, whatever that might be, makes $15 an hour in that discussion. I admit I have no idea about pay scales in the US but to be upset about a McD single mom wanting more (15 ain't gonna happen but come on, minimum wage works) b/c oneself doesn't seem to make much makes little sense to me. Looks to me like both sides need to earn more.

Seattle recently raised their minimum wage to $15 per hour.

There was a bill in LA to raise minimum wage to $13.25, as well. I would think the people who make that now would have to get a raise of at least 25% to make up for it. I highly doubt that would be possible, but it's fun to speculate.

Ok wtf is this #gamergate thing?

#NotAllGamers

This, plus student loans (at least in my case).

Thankfully I only ended up with $5500 in student loans. Down to $5000 already! Once I get a better paying job I'm gonna knock it out quick.

nerd on nerd internet bullying that no one with a life needs to care about

Amen to this. The "gamer" community can be such a joke sometimes. Stop treating each other like shit and stop making a big deal about who fucks who. Maybe try and get laid instead of complaining about it online.

Dragon

Banned
You don't calculate labor just by profits. You calculate it by how valuable the labor itself is. But that's not really what I was getting at because I do think the minimum wage should be raised some as well. The point is that of course people in other slightly higher paying jobs are going to complain about unskilled labor getting paid more, because paying them more devalues the more skilled labor. They SHOULD complain.

15 dollars an hour is $28,800 per year BEFORE taxes if a person works 40 hours a week the entire year (which no one in that type of business would even do but that's besides the point). No one should be complaining about people making that kind of money. It's absurd.

Screen%20Shot%202014-09-04%20at%2011.30.51%20AM.png

Anyone that's raising a family will have a hard time doing it on even that kind of wage.

That seems nuts to me. If someone makes more then me more power to them. My only concern is that I make what I feel is a fair amount for what I do. If unskilled labor paid more then what my job didnt I wouldnt say they should get less, I would ask that I get more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom