• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Bring him in. No problem bringing in a seasoned vet to play 4th string on our weakest spot of the roster.

With that being said football!!!

-PFT

Our first ballot HOF WR and our pro bowl QB believe this is our best chance to win a Superbowl. No matter what they believe, others believe, the stats, win loss record or anyone else believes, I believe.
Fixed for accuracy.

johnsonsnow.gif

Cant wait for snow again and hope we get another game like this

wow im shocked you didnt call stafford a HOF there as well, is your fandom fading for him?

I am watching Eagles Raiders right now on game rewind to get ready for the season, think I will watch the snow game next. Love seeing Suh get pushed around by Kelce.

I don't like talking about money and that shit.

All I can say is work hard, network, take some chances and hope for the best. And you should not mind doing shit for free if it benefits you (either from the experience, getting your name out there, etc.). There is a lot of luck in life, both good and bad.

I don't think you should spend too much on college these days though unless you go to Harvard. Go to the best state school you can, or if that is not an option go to the private school that gives you the most money back to go there (assuming it is good).

Also, never ever ever ever root for the Patriots. As Tim told us many times, while you can have a good time in this life rooting for the Patriots, that bill will due and you will be fucked in the afterlife!

Fuck it, I didn't wanna go to heaven anyway.

Tum tum tuuuum

ShaneB

I often ponder my future, in an existential Rust sort of way.

Also I know is I'm too smart to not be making more scratch. I need to figure some stuff out and then put in the time to make it happen.

I've said this before yeah many times, but yeah, pretty much echoing your thoughts.

I have days where I feel completely worthless and as dumb as a bag of rocks, and others where I wonder what the hell am I doing because I know I can be pretty smart if I just apply myself.

Sigh.

Just glad Football season is back to provide some distraction week to week. Fantasy Football, picks, Madden 15 league, etc etc. Maybe I'm biting off more than I can chew! lol

Talon

Oh I've no doubt it would have been easier had I continued in school and I might not be doing what I'm doing today but after two years, I simply wanted done with school. I wanted in the work force and I don't regret it.

To your point about attending private schools and financial packages available - I went to Bloomsburg University for two years straight out of high school. I spent months researching grants and other financial incentives that I could apply for to attend school because my parents simply had no way to help (less than 40k salary between the two of them with two kids). I payed nothing outside of food/books to attend college for two years and for the first year, I got a check to buy books with.
As a fellow child of immigrants, it is amazing to me the balls that my parents' had to move to a foreign country and start all over.

I've said this before yeah many times, but yeah, pretty much echoing your thoughts.

I have days where I feel completely worthless and as dumb as a bag of rocks, and others where I wonder what the hell am I doing because I know I can be pretty smart if I just apply myself.

Sigh.

Just glad Football season is back to provide some distraction week to week. Fantasy Football, picks, Madden 15 league, etc etc. Maybe I'm biting off more than I can chew! lol

Keep your head up buddy. Everything will work out well for you, I have no doubt.

Bowser

As a fellow child of immigrants, it is amazing to me the balls that my parents' had to move to a foreign country and start all over.

Yep, same. Super blessed too in that I didn't have to take out any loans, they paid for me. I definitely have had it well coming up in life.

I think the return of football deserves a dance.gif right?

von-miller-sack-celebration-dance.gif

P.S. I applied to UNC (mostly out of formality, I figured I might as well apply to my state school even if there was no chance in hell I was going there.) I ended up visiting there more than I did Duke during the process. I've always had a fondness for that school even if I don't show it.

Don't let Bowser know though

Vio-Lence

Banned
Fellow child of immigrants living the American dream, work so hard so you won't have to, etc.

So I can drink beer and watch football.

Sigh.

Know how it goes man. I'm ok with my job, but it's not what I wanna do. I'm probably gonna make plans for a Great Escape soon and save up cash and see what jump I make next

eznark

Banned
So Rivera and the coaching staff are going full Belichick. They drove Cam in on a cart today, had him do nothing but handoffs during the part of practice open to media, and Cam himself was fucking with the media by hiding behind stuff. This is great, about time we got some of that evil genius gamesmanship in Charlotte.

BwtA2abCIAAyn-J.jpg:large

Can't wait to repost these picture of Cam fucking off when the Panthers go 4-12.

Skip's started his annual slurping of the Cowboys.

The football season is officially here!

Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless 13m
I'll admit I grew up a Cowboy fan but I have a strangely good feeling about this year's team. Should be 6-10. Will be 10-6.

Indeed. 1980 for my parents. Part of the Mariel boatlift (Thanks Carter!). I was two years old on a rickety wooden boat and my dad went AWOL from the Cuban military to come here.

They're not the smartest people (especially with money) but they did what they did for me and my future and I grew up with dad working 2 sometimes 3 jobs, breaking his back to keep us afloat. Thats a life lesson I couldn't get in any college. I do what I can to help them today.

Tom Penny

Ditto. That's why I hate people with no work ethic complaining. My parents did the best they could working hard making nothing and my family turned out pretty well except for me !!!

My time at school was a complete waste. Spent too much time and wasted too much money on deciding what I wanted to be. Kind of wish I followed through with the Computer Engineering degree but only for personal reasons as I would have blown my brains out if it was my 9-5.

Skip's started his annual slurping of the Cowboys.

The football season is officially here!

Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless 13m
I'll admit I grew up a Cowboy fan but I have a strangely good feeling about this year's team. Should be 6-10. Will be 10-6.
Ugh. I always feel so dirty knowing he's the residential Spur fan on that network.

My Grandparents came here on both sides. Both sides have the equivalent of elementary school educations. My folks worked hard and went to college.

And now...Me!

And I spend most of my time on GAF, they must be proud. lol

Bowser

I think the return of football deserves a dance.gif right?

von-miller-sack-celebration-dance.gif

P.S. I applied to UNC (mostly out of formality, I figured I might as well apply to my state school even if there was no chance in hell I was going there.) I ended up visiting there more than I did Duke during the process. I've always had a fondness for that school even if I don't show it.

Don't let Bowser know though

Honestly, I feel the same way about Duke. In school I was all "lol dook" and "Durm is shit," but the campus is really nice and I went to NC for a week to visit family and Durham (where my sis and cousin live now) is pretty fucking cool nowadays. Hell, several of my closest friends went to Duke.

Y'all's bball team is still full of shithead floppers doe :p

Talon

Honestly, I feel the same way about Duke. In school I was all "lol dook" and "Durm is shit," but the campus is really nice and I went to NC for a week to visit family and Durham (where my sis and cousin live now) is pretty fucking cool nowadays. Hell, several of my closest friends went to Duke.

Y'all's bball team is still full of shithead floppers doe :p
Yeah, Duke has a gorgeous campus. And dem sloths (and wifi).

UNC's nice, too. Just a very different feel.

cajunator

Banned
Most new doctors don't make 500k anymore duder. At least not the ones I talk to or hang out with. But they seem to get a lot of vacation.

You should have been a doctor in the 80s. They were making millions back then.

And it is hard for me to feel too bad about Americans bitching about minimum wage when millions of people can't get clean water to drink. It is all relative. Here being poor is eating too much food, having 2 shitty cars, and having to buy Android phones and tablets instead of stuff from Apple.

First world problems...

wha?

dionysus

Yaldog
I think our culture does a disservice to high schoolers. Instead of saying bullshit about working hard, you can be anything, do what you love, etc. They should say stuff like:

The choices you make in the next 7 years of your life are going to determine whether or not at 40 you have half a million in the bank, a house, a wife and kids or whether you have -$100,000 in student loan debt, a divorce and alimony, and CC debt.

Every decision you make has negative consequences, make sure the positive affects are worth it.

The older you get the harder it is to change the path of your life, don't postpone maturity to live in the moment.

Society doesn't love you. The government doesn't love you. Most help you get from anyone outside of your family comes with tons of strings attached.

Don't believe any real estate agent.

Crisco

Banned
I think our culture does a disservice to high schoolers. Instead of saying bullshit about working hard, you can be anything, do what you love, etc. They should say stuff like:

The choices you make in the next 7 years of your life are going to determine whether or not at 40 you have half a million in the bank, a house, a wife and kids or whether you have -$100,000 in student loan debt, a divorce and alimony, and CC debt.

Every decision you make has negative consequences, make sure the positive affects are worth it.

The older you get the harder it is to change the path of your life, don't postpone maturity to live in the moment.

Society doesn't love you. The government doesn't love you. Most help you get from anyone outside of your family comes with tons of strings attached.

Other than the student loan debt, I'll probably have ALL those things at 40.

Talon

The development of human civilization is directly correlated to the understanding of delayed gratification.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Guys be nice to the baby Packlings.

Hard to request that when ez is meaner than anyone else to the new Packer fans usually.

edit: Pretty sure loads of people who are well off also have loads of student loan debt, credit card debt, and a divorce with alimony. I work with a lot of small business owners and many of them have all of those things.

Or if I were to explain it in such a way for Gata to understand: Mo' money, mo' problems.

For the record I hope someone gets stomped for the lulz and I don't particularly care who. Though I would prefer if the Pack did it to see everyone scramble around like headless chickens for a week wondering what happened to the unstoppable Seahawks.

cdyhybrid

I, for one, have great respect for the Packers and the great state of Wisconsin.

They gave us our second greatest coach and 3 greatest QBs.

rando14

For the record I hope someone gets stomped for the lulz and I don't particularly care who. Though I would prefer if the Pack did it to see everyone scramble around like headless chickens for a week wondering what happened to the unstoppable Seahawks.

Does anyone here really think the Seahawks are unstoppable though? Our depth is thinner, our O line is still really really awful, Harvin is one feather-touch away from injury, our RB is probably almost done with his career, etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom