• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

Keep your head up buddy. Everything will work out well for you, I have no doubt.

Thanks man. I just need to take that first scary step.

Know how it goes man. I'm ok with my job, but it's not what I wanna do. I'm probably gonna make plans for a Great Escape soon and save up cash and see what jump I make next

Same situation really. Know I've got a stable job but it just feels like a dead end, so each day is punching in and out. Need to hit the resest button.

Crisco

Banned
Can't wait to repost these picture of Cam fucking off when the Panthers go 4-12.

tZSLP1S.png

It should be the pats...

Leodis McKelvin fumble.gif

Dolphins 1 half of no offense.gif

I won't be fooled again.
Does anyone here really think the Seahawks are unstoppable though? Our depth is thinner, our O line is still really really awful, Harvin is one feather-touch away from injury, our RB is probably almost done with his career, etc etc

Hawks are the SB champs. Champs always get blown on opening day.

Levyne

Banned
My grad school work is kind of in a rut. It's in engineering so it's all results based but nothing's quite turning out. Dunno how I will manage to graduate. At least I have a four year degree already.

Anyways, football is a pretty great distraction :)

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
For the record I hope someone gets stomped for the lulz and I don't particularly care who. Though I would prefer if the Pack did it to see everyone scramble around like headless chickens for a week wondering what happened to the unstoppable Seahawks.

Hopefully it's the Packers, and the Hawks drop 30 on them, so that smug franchise (except Greg) can go 10 days thinking about what it'll be like when they face a real offense.

Also I'm on my phone but I want to see how many 10 day rest weeks the Packers have compared to when their bye week is. The Packers are one of corporate NFLs preferred franchises. And it shows through the games they get, the calls they get, the media coverage they get etc.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Hopefully it's the Packers, and the Hawks drop 30 on them, so that smug franchise (except Greg) can go 10 days thinking about what it'll be like when they face a real offense.

Also I'm on my phone but I want to see how many 10 day rest weeks the Packers have compared to when their bye week is. The Packers are one of corporate NFLs preferred franchises. And it shows through the games they get, the calls they get, the media coverage they get etc.

When you can't win your own division when it's handed to you on a silver platter, apparently the next move is to blame everything and anything else.

You're also forgetting that the media prefers large markets and while the Packers have a massive fanbase, they'd prefer to sell advertising dollars in much larger markets with casual followers of the sport. It's why every season the Bears get fluffed up before the season starts.

:kas

cdyhybrid

Is Seattle that good on offense?

If Harvin stays healthy, Russell grows like we expect him to, and the running game doesn't fall off the cliff, we could be pretty good.

We'll see.

We'll never put up Broncos/Saints numbers because Pete likes to run the ball too much (which I am grateful for).

bionic77

That was a minor troll and I was trying to make the point that even the poor in the US have it pretty damn good. But truthfully most people with money do seem to have iPhones and Apple shit.

Does anyone here really think the Seahawks are unstoppable though? Our depth is thinner, our O line is still really really awful, Harvin is one feather-touch away from injury, our RB is probably almost done with his career, etc etc
On the road or neutral site I would probably take the pack without seeing either team this year.

But at home and with the first game after a SB win and with pretty much everyone coming back I think it is a lock for Seattle to win.

If there are cracks we will see them on the road before they get exposed at home.

Tabris

I posted this in the madden thread but I may get better traction here:

PS4 or Xbox One version of Madden 15? Since NHL 15 was neutered this will be my only sports game for the year so I wanna get the superior version.

cdyhybrid

PS4 or Xbox One version of Madden 15? Since NHL 15 was neutered this will be my only sports game for the year so I wanna get the superior version.

I would say get the one that has more of the people you want to play with on it. Or whichever one has the controller you like better.

zychi

Banned

Xbox One looks better imo, and it has the defensive line rumble thing. But get it on the one youll play with people on (i think nfl gaf is mostly ps4)

The WiiU version is the superior one. Get that one.

I think the Pack is gonna go in there and win it. Defending SB champs always get a little cocky and lazy after a SB win. The Pack probably still holds a grudge and I think they're hungrier for the win.

Also preseason, but Derek Carr and the Raiders dropped like 3 TDs in 5 minutes on their first team defense last week, so there's also that to consider.

Both are nearly identical. Get whichever one you prefer controller/friends wise.

I ignored the facts you presented because I don't have the time or the will to shit up a football thread with the requisite three pages of posts it would require to even have a worthwhile discussion on the subject. I settled for a zinger.

I paid ~$30k for my entire education (two years CC and two and a half at a state school) and now have a yearly household income of $150,000. People bring the debt on themselves 100% needlessly. One term at a state school in PA costs $7000 currently. It's so cheap you can work and pay it off as you go practically.
Congratulations on lucking into a lucrative career. Not everyone is afforded the same opportunities.

I hate the #privilege argument, but discrimination and lack of opportunity based on income, racial background, etc, is legit. The argument that disenfranchised people shouldn't reproduce is intellectually offensive.

Ps: the Packers are better than your favorite team, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

Tabris

Yeah, a couple of my buddies have the XB1 version, but that's just for playing online. We usually play in person while drinking, so which console doesn't matter then. So rather have the superior version.

Congratulations on lucking into a lucrative career. Not everyone is afforded the same opportunities.

I hate the #privilege argument, but discrimination and lack of opportunity based on income, racial background, etc, is legit. The argument that disenfranchised people shouldn't reproduce is intellectually offensive.

Ps: the Packers are better than your favorite team, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

To quote a great man:

It's possible I wasn't entirely serious.

Bowser

Man, reading Cam's quotes, things seem dire...

Black & Blue Review @BlackBlueReview · 12m
“Hopefully when that clock starts, I will be on that field.” — Cam Newton

Black & Blue Review @BlackBlueReview · 10m
“I am human, and we all have our limits.” - Newton, who has never missed a game due to injury going back through grade school.

Black & Blue Review @BlackBlueReview · 5m
“If I can go, I’m going to go. And with how I’m feeling right now, I’m on pace to play Sunday.” - Cam Newton

Black & Blue Review @BlackBlueReview · 3m
Cam comparing himself to a car. Frustration = “You’re not even messing it up driving it.” Meaning, injuries didn’t happen during reg season.

and then you see this and think, yeah, there's no way he's not playing:

Good, but I've heard that argument made sincerely too many times, and I continue to see it. Beyond the moral repugnance, it's just stupid.

I agree to a large extent, but I have also seen people plan to have children at literally the worst possible time for their economic stability. The problem is that people also refuse to see that doing THAT is morally repugnant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom