• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
qb0r4rmtct5maagszn2p.gif

Drakeon

$15 an hour wont mean shit if your paying $50 for a meal

That's not how raising the minimum wage works. It's a misconception. Although doubling it might have an effect. But, for example, going from $7.25 to $9 would likely not impact the prices significantly at any place that employs minimum wage workers.

Crisco

Banned
So when people stop eating fast food where will all these workers that we demanded get $15 an hour go?

To school hopefully, which the government will be able to subsidize since they won't be spending billions on healthcare for fat people anymore.

I know we don't talk fantasy here, but I couldn't give a fuck about that, and I want to talk about my defensive players. I picked up JJ Watt at DL, which is obviously the Ray Lewis of defensive lineman, but I need reassurance on the others.

Based on the SteelersGAF crazy love for Ryan Shazier, I drafted him. Is he going to be everywhere on the field for them, because drafting a Steeler defender hurt, particularly when I chose him over CJ Moseley and Daryl Smith.

At DB, I took Stevie Brown, who I totally forgot existed. Any Giants fans know if he's looking good this preseason?

To school hopefully, which the government will be able to subsidize since they won't be spending billions on healthcare for fat people anymore.

But obesity cuts long term healthcare costs. Fat people have heart attacks years before healthy people get long term expensive to treat diseases.

MechDX

#Texans knew about Andre Brown's suspension, and thought it might be longer than 8 games. Explains a few things.

They did know and released him beforehand.

ShaneB

Home from a shitty day at work, outside on my balcony shortly watching the NFLN countdown to kickoff. Glad Football is back tonight, can't wait until Sunday.

zychi

Banned
lol at that image of raising food prices.

maybe don't have the ceo of chipotle make $25 million a year. maybe reinvest some of that into the company you "love and built"

gutshot

Yeah, companies will probably just forego profits.

I know next to nothing about economics but wouldn't these companies find other ways to cut costs? Especially since they will have to compete with sit-down restaurants that aren't going to be as hard hit by a raise in the minimum wage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom