• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
We have a rookie Quarterback who has potential to be good, (I'm not talking Peyton or Rivers good) but Matt Ryan good.

falcons_mryan2_pointtofans.gif

eznark

Banned
I know next to nothing about economics but wouldn't these companies find other ways to cut costs? Especially since they will have to compete with sit-down restaurants that aren't going to be as hard hit by a raise in the minimum wage.

Yeah they will fire some poor slobs too

Do you need Madden to do the gif generator?

If so, can someone make me one with Ray Rice doing his bicep flex with the text "I'm gonna knock you out"?

Smartly, Ray Rice wasn't an option. Probably to avoid what I was about to do. But then, there was this:

SQTwTx

Edit: Fuck it, can't figure out how to post it.

RBH

jpFL9ICtHgzXS.png

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...s-game-costs-family-four-nfl-high-average-641

At a cost of $641, the San Francisco 49ers now have the highest estimated price in the NFL for a family of four to attend a game.

The Fan Cost Index published by sports business publication Team Marketing Report includes parking, four average-priced tickets, two programs, two beers, two hats, four soft drinks and four hot dogs.

Rising to the top shouldn't come as a surprise to 49ers fans, as the new Levi's Stadium -- which had personal seat licenses ranging from $2,000 to $80,000 per seat -- was the key contributor to the rise. The average ticket price of a general seat (excluding club seats or suites) rose 40 percent in a year to $117 per seat, per game.

That ticket is the second-most expensive in the league, behind only the New England Patriots, whose average ticket price is $122 this year, TMR says.

Taking home the Lombardi Trophy led to a 13.4 percent increase in ticket prices for the Seattle Seahawks, behind only the 49ers as the biggest year-over-year change. Still, the Seahawks' average ticket of $80.77 is below the league average of $84.43.

Three teams that did not make the playoffs last season lowered their tickets prices significantly -- the Miami Dolphins (down 8.4 percent), Atlanta Falcons (down 6 percent) and New York Jets (4.2 percent).

Despite landing Johnny Manziel and subsequently seeing the quickest rise in new season-ticket sales after the draft, the Browns did not raise prices, and at $54.20, they have the lowest average ticket price in the league.

TMR says that the Dallas Cowboys keep the title of the most expensive team parking spot at $75. The Arizona Cardinals, at 60 cents an ounce, have the most expensive beer, while the most expensive hot dog can be found in Oakland at a cost of $6.75.

The cheapest team parking is $11 at Detroit Lions games. The Cincinnati Bengals, at 36 cents an ounce, have the least expensive beer, and the cheapest hot dog is in New England, where the Patriots charge $3.75.

Godslay

Banned
I've hated my job since I've moved, and I finally applied for a new one today. That, and football, is making me happy.

I hope I don't end up hating my job. Currently it's a good place, but one of our coworkers died and we are shuffling the projects around and putting out fires till we get another developer to take over some of his work.

Met with one of his clients today, awesome lady, really patient, but the project has been shuffled from one company to another and we've managed it for about 5 years. I'm a bit spooked to dig into it, simply because I'm afraid to see what kind of code is lurking in there.

Sorry for the rant, but I hope you find a good job you like. It makes a huge difference in your overall happiness.

Yeah they will fire some poor slobs too

What modern economists who think the traditional wisdom of raising minimum wage not being a huge negative on the economy are missing is that it has never been easier to replace low skilled labor with automation. Such a drastic increase in wages in that context will be catastrophic. A small incremental increase would be fine.

JABEE

What modern economists who think the traditional wisdom of raising minimum wage not being a huge negative on the economy are missing is that it has never been easier to replace low skilled labor with automation. Such a drastic increase in wages in that context will be catastrophic. A small incremental increase would be fine.
It's also really hard to predict progressions in technology when determining impact of wage increases. It's no longer as simple as saying, they would also have to consider costs of making machine investments when the production of the machines can be outsourced very easily.

No Jayrone Elliot.

I would say that means no psycho, LB heavy looks, but he's a newb OLB and not ready. Still I trust his bulk over Brad Jones any day.

Greg

I successfully turned down everyone that wanted to hang out tonight

opening game, wings, reclined in complete peace

Awww yeah baby picked 90 at work and was able to get out of work early so I can catch the game. Thank you Suh.

Also an avatar change is needed. Need to search for another Calvin pic. Nothing will ever top this snow pic though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom