• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up my key for my uni accommodation this afternoon, turns out it's apartment 343. I think it's pretty safe to assume this is a sign that Halo is going be the game of forever.

master-chief-believe-o.gif

Did you watch the pax panel? All the audio stuff in H2A is beyond belief.

Farooq

Banned
GB @ SEA
NO @ ATL
CIN @ BAL
BUF @ CHI
WAS @ HOU
TEN @ KC
NE @ MIA
OAK @ NYJ
JAX @ PHI
CLE @ PIT
MIN @ STL
SF @ DAL
CAR @ TB
IND @ DEN
NYG @ DET
SD @ ARI

Packers opening the season in last place in the NFCN. Feels bad.

Dallas? Are you sure?

Bowser

Might as well put my predictions down on paper:

NFC
North: Green Bay
South: New Orleans
West: Seattle
East: Philadelphia
Wild Card 1: Chicago
Wild Card 2: San Francisco

Think Carolina goes 9-7 and misses out on one of the Wild Cards :(

AFC
North: Pittsburgh
South: Indianapolis
East: New England
West: Denver
Wild Card 1: San Diego
Wild Card 2: Tennessee

NFC: Green Bay def. Philadelphia
AFC: New England def. Denver
Super Bowl: Green Bay def. New England

i'm not very confident in beating the cowboys. we are a better overall team (on paper) but the problem is our corners are probably going to be torched. then, because harbaugh doesn't really let our starters play much in the pre-season, i don't think we're going to put up enough points even against a poor dallas D

Nakazato

GB @ SEA
NO @ ATL
CIN @ BAL
BUF @ CHI
WAS @ HOU
TEN @ KC
NE @ MIA
OAK @ NYJ
JAX @ PHI
CLE @ PIT
MIN @ STL
SF @ DAL
CAR @ TB
IND @ DEN
NYG @ DET
SD @ ARI

It has begun

Ravens bbbiiiittttccccchhhhh

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Carr dethroned by Schaub who then was dethroned by Carr. The cycle is complete, revenge has been served. David can finally rest in peace.

lol

Might as well put my predictions down on paper:

NFC
North: Green Bay
South: New Orleans
West: Seattle
East: Philadelphia
Wild Card 1: Chicago
Wild Card 2: San Francisco

AFC
North: Pittsburgh
South: Indianapolis
East: New England
West: Denver
Wild Card 1: San Diego
Wild Card 2: Tennessee

NFC: Green Bay def. Philadelphia
AFC: New England def. Denver
Super Bowl: Green Bay def. New England
3k5Fx.gif

JCizzle

i'm not very confident in beating the cowboys. we are a better overall team (on paper) but the problem is our corners are probably going to be torched. then, because harbaugh doesn't really let our starters play much in the pre-season, i don't think we're going to put up enough points even against a poor dallas D

Yeah, they may rack up 500 yards passing. We need to survive until we meet the shit offenses in the west.

I think they go 12-4, just happens to be that they have an early loss.
And I think they'll win Thursday night.

(first part of the schedule is pretty ugly with the road games and short weeks, we'll drop one where we shouldn't to make up for it)

bionic77

I guarantee that neither New England nor Denver make the Championship again this year.

I won't be surprised if this is the year that Manning and Tammy get old and just start to suck.

MechDX

I guarantee that neither New England nor Denver make the Championship again this year.

I won't be surprised if this is the year that Manning and Tammy get old and just start to suck.

Every year someone says this. And every year it doesn't really happen.

Farooq

Banned

You know, I have been meaning to ask, why do you dislike Romo? He is from Wisconsin, undrafted, worked his way into the league to become one of the better passers in football He is tough, from broken ribs, to punctured lungs, to finishing a game with a herniated disc. Not to mention he perennially gets Dallas to the point where they are just outside the playoffs, but not bad enough for a top 10 pick (could a Green Bay fan and/or Dallas hater ask for more?). And he is really good at golf.

You know, I have been meaning to ask, why do you dislike Romo? He is from Wisconsin, undrafted, worked his way into the league to become one of the better passers in football He is tough, from broken ribs, to punctured lungs, to finishing a game with a herniated disc. Not to mention he perennially gets Dallas to the point were they are just outside the playoffs, but not bad enough for a top 10 pick (could a Green Bay fan and/or Dallas hater ask for more?). And he is really good at golf.
This is exactly why I love Tony Romo

bionic77

Every year someone says this. And every year it doesn't really happen.
Who said this last year? Or the year before?

And did old age stop being a thing? I know you are crazy and bitter because of the whole Schoob destroying your team but don't let your bitter emotions get in the way of my excellent analysis.

Everyone is picking the NFC. Everyone is picking Pats and Broncos. I have watched this game enough to know neither of those things will happen. These experts are basically Gata's in cheap suits.

Bowser

And did old age stop being a thing? I know you are crazy and bitter because of the whole Schoob destroying your team but don't let your bitter emotions get in the way of my excellent analysis.

Everyone is picking the NFC. Everyone is picking Pats and Broncos. I have watched this game enough to know neither of those things will happen. These experts are basically Gata's in cheap suits.

This is all I can hang my hat on. I can't remember the last time everyone was so sure that the Saints would win the NFC South and the Panthers won't be able to make it back. When there's obvious regression candidates (e.g. KC, Carolina) or obvious candidates to win a division/rise back into playoffs (Seattle, New Orleans, Philadelphia the former; Detroit and Tampa Bay the latter), it almost always doesn't happen.

The AFC sucks, man. The only teams that ever make it are Manning's/Brady's/Roffles's, and that weird Flaccopalypse the year before last.

Basically the probabilities are 30% Broncos, 30% Pats, 20% Steelers, 10% Flacco, 10% other.

Konka

Banned
You know, I have been meaning to ask, why do you dislike Romo? He is from Wisconsin, undrafted, worked his way into the league to become one of the better passers in football He is tough, from broken ribs, to punctured lungs, to finishing a game with a herniated disc. Not to mention he perennially gets Dallas to the point where they are just outside the playoffs, but not bad enough for a top 10 pick (could a Green Bay fan and/or Dallas hater ask for more?). And he is really good at golf.

He plays for Dallas.

MechDX

I hope you're right. Last year I was on the parity bandwagon and thought that would be the year it would happen but it didn't.

Guess we will see.

Syrinx

The only ways I see anyone other than Denver or New England (and among these two even, Denver's still ahead by a good amount) winning the AFC is if Andrew Luck plays out of his mind in December/January and carries a Colts team with a lot of holes to the SB, or if Andy Dalton takes a major step forward as a QB and can actually start playing decently in playoff games.

San Diego could be a sleeper too, but they'd have to take the long way there since I don't think they'll beat Denver for the division.

MRSA

Banned
Man this blonde in Hell on Wheels is making me want to convert to Mormonism.

600full-mackenzie-porter.jpg

I'd let her buy me a diner or two.

Fox318

NFC
North: Greg
South: Bresus and Co
West: Seattle Hitokages
East: Washington Cousins
Wild Card 1: Chicago 2nd hand Smoke
Wild Card 2: Arizona and their boring fans

AFC
North: Bungles
South: 29 K in cash and a loaded Luck
East: Cheatriots
West: Peytons 5-Head
Wild Card 1: KC Ribs
Wild Card 2: Rex Ryan led Jets carrying the carcass of an Idzik secondary and WR corps

NFC: Greg def. Seattle Hitokages
AFC: Rex Ryan defying the backstabing Idzik def. Peyton and sends him to the Papa John Board of Directors
Super Bowl: Greg def. Rex Ryan's Jets because Idzik cut the entire defensive line to save cap room because 22 mill of room going into the nest season isn't enough for him.

Not saying the eagles are a bad team but something crazy needs to happen.

bionic77

The AFC sucks, man. The only teams that ever make it are Manning's/Brady's/Roffles's, and that weird Flaccopalypse the year before last.

Basically the probabilities are 30% Broncos, 30% Pats, 20% Steelers, 10% Flacco, 10% other.
The AFC sucks but that doesn't stop teams from winning Superbowls.

Aren't you a Packers fan? That team was Garbo. So were the Ravens. Both teams beasted in the playoffs.

I am convinced the only reason we didn't get another fraud champ is all the experts had finally caught on to the last 15 years and started to look for dark horses.

The real lesson is no one know what will happen in the NFL (bet on it if you don't believe me). Least of all the experts.

You can really only count on a few teams sucking. But even that is not forever. At least Cleveland hopes so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom