• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the significance of 343?

One of the antagonists in Halo was called 343 Guilty Spark and the studio that took over Halo duties after Bungie is named 343 Industries after him.

Respect.

I feel like I'm just gonna keep kicking the MBA or JD can down until I'm in my thirties.
I've thought about getting a less stressful job and then doing part-time.

Still daunting.

Mine's not even post-grad, I dropped out of uni first time around because it was boring and I'm only going back because working in an office for years was even worse and I had zero career prospects. So I have gone back to university to do a law degree which will leave me poor, old and still unable to find a proper job.

Wait, why did I do this again?

The AFC sucks but that doesn't stop teams from winning Superbowls.

Aren't you a Packers fan? That team was Garbo. So were the Ravens. Both teams beasted in the playoffs.

I am convinced the only reason we didn't get another fraud champ is all the experts had finally caught on to the last 15 years and started to look for dark horses.

The real lesson is no one know what will happen in the NFL (bet on it if you don't believe me). Least of all the experts.

You can really only count on a few teams sucking. But even that is not forever. At least Cleveland hopes so...
Packers were in the NFC! NFC rules are different, anybody can win! Even the Lions.

Well, probably not the Lions.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
We can't get the hipster to make one thread a year? Fine. Greg is our new hipster.

GB @ SEA
NO @ ATL
CIN @ BAL
BUF @ CHI
WAS @ HOU
TEN @ KC
NE @ MIA
OAK @ NYJ
JAX @ PHI
CLE @ PIT
MIN @ STL
SF @ DAL
CAR @ TB
IND @ DEN
NYG @ DET
SD @ ARI

Fox318

My dude Mech knows what's up.

SRrFhJ7.jpg

GENO WILL BRING BACK THE HOT DOG

Godslay

Banned
One of the antagonists in Halo was called 343 Guilty Spark and the studio that took over Halo duties after Bungie is named 343 Industries after him.

Mine's not even post-grad, I dropped out of uni first time around because it was boring and I'm only going back because working in an office for years was even worse and I had zero career prospects. So I have gone back to university to do a law degree which will leave me poor, old and still unable to find a proper job.

Wait, why did I do this again?

Plus 343 is 7 cubed. Bungie had a fascination with 7.

Ravens just outplayed the Niners (one of the best NFC teams of the past decade). It wasn't close until FMT fucked with the lights.
I'm not saying that NFC is inherently better than the AFC (though I could make that argument based on the recent super bowl head-to-head), I'm saying that the AFC is more consistent/boring in who it sends to the Bowl.

Hence the predictions of Broncos/Pats again.

Vyroxis

Banned
GB @ SEA::GB gives Russel a preview of the playoffs.
NO @ ATL::A tough game, but a win for Orleans
CIN @ BAL::Kind of a tossup.
BUF @ CHI::Even with a bad defense, Chicago runs away with it.
WAS @ HOU::Watts and Clowney spend the entire game making RGIII wish he was injured again.
TEN @ KC::Titans are the very definition of mediocre.
NE @ MIA::It's a shootout, Brady comes out on top.
OAK @ NYJ::Oakland is bad. Really bad.
JAX @ PHI::Jaguars are also suffering from a bad case of "Raideritis"
CLE @ PIT::Hoyer starts, finishes. Big Ben looks at JFF and licks his lips.
MIN @ STL::Rams losing their starting QB for the season sinks them quick.
SF @ DAL::The Boys start out by slapping the Niners. Enjoy it Jerry, its all downhill from here.
CAR @ TB::Cam starts, they win. Webb starts, they will find out why Minnesota dumped his sorry ass.
IND @ DEN::Another shootout, the forehead beats out the neanderthal.
NYG @ DET::Giants start their season getting beat down by the leagues fattest QB.
SD @ ARI::Chargers start out their season with a close, but convincing win.

We can't get the hipster to make one thread a year? Fine. Greg is our new hipster.
A statement on behalf of my lawyer:

"My client would like to inform you that he made approximately 7 threads during the 2013 season and will not stand for your libelous accusations.

He would also like to express his sincere intention to quote: 'shit down your throat and slap your real mother', end quote."

i'm not very confident in beating the cowboys. we are a better overall team (on paper) but the problem is our corners are probably going to be torched. then, because harbaugh doesn't really let our starters play much in the pre-season, i don't think we're going to put up enough points even against a poor dallas D

If they can't even beat the Cowboys, I'd have worries about them making the playoffs, let alone winning the Super Bowl.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Wait. The Texans traded for Mallett? Did the Pats get the multiple first rounders that Sanjuro predicted?

"My client would like to inform you that he made approximately 7 threads during the 2013 season and will not stand for your libelous accusations.

He would also like to express his sincere intention to quote: 'shit down your throat and slap your real mother', end quote."
So let me get this straight, you had a lawyer write up a response for you, but he doesn't have a GAF account, so you had to post it for him...

[Inception horn]

Wait. The Texans traded for Mallett? Did the Pats get the multiple first rounders that Sanjuro predicted?
I believe it's a conditional 7th.

7: number of threads Bucket made in the 2013 season
7: also the number of TDs Christian Ponder threw in the 2013 season

It's okay Bucket, rest up. Someday you'll be Matt Cassel

Fox318

Filler Raw. Can't believe this is the shit they're putting on a week before MNF returns. They're going to get destroyed by NFL for the rest of the year.

I mean I kinda fell out of wrestling after the benoit stuff happened.

Plus now its pg and that seems insane to me after growing up in the attitude era.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Depends. Did you name your son Bob?

Congrats! Seriously though. Being a Dad is awesome.

Thanks. Its very exciting.

I've been as little busy, what was the cut/claims list for the Texans. I heard they cut Victorian, but practice squared labhart and bullough?

MechDX

ShaneB

This page has been awesome, arguing about football! It's almost time!

HTTYD2 was awesome. Loved the music, what a great score!

bionic77

I never said you hate the dude, I said dislike. But if you are indifferent towards Romo, or like the guy but think he is a terrible qb, then my apologies for assuming.
There are basically 4 kinds of qbs.

Winners, entertainers, pussies and losers.

Winners just win.

Pussies are good qbs and could be winners but never take any chances and thus are pussies.

Losers just lose.

Entertainers are qbs that are good but are not good enough to be a winner. But they are entertaining so they should go to the HOF if they play long enough. Most importantly they are not afraid to take chances. And if you paid one with Terrell Davis they can be honorary winners too.

Romo is one of the most entertaining qbs. I would be on with that if he was a qb on my team (assuming we could not get a winner, this is the second best thing).

eznark

Banned
I never said you hate the dude, I said dislike. But if you are indifferent towards Romo, or like the guy but think he is a terrible qb, then my apologies for assuming.

I think he is an above average QB and have never considered him as a human.

JCizzle

Not sure why they didnt slot CBS with an afternoon game on Sunday. Both networks should have double headers week one unless there is some dumb rule against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom