• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 10 |OT| - Fright Night

MechDX

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL · 1h1 hour ago
Our NFL LIVE Midseason Defensive Player of the Year goes to @HoustonTexans J.J. Watt.

B1oLzrZIQAEgRPB.png:large

53867-Walter-white-breaking-bad-your-gBJQ.gif

Tamanon

Banned
So AP is going to get reinstated probably? He's missed 9 weeks already, and wasn't sent to jail. No way he gets a longer suspension after serving the mandatory 6 game(actually 9 for him so far)

Ray Rice's indefinite suspension will likely end Thursday in court by a judge because of Goodell's shitty response and double suspensions that broke the rules.

I wonder how much the NFL really cares about domestic violence and if both will be allowed back.

Keep in mind, Peterson isn't suspended. It's a little different.

zychi

Banned
Keep in mind, Peterson isn't suspended. It's a little different.

I'm assuming it's basically a suspension he agreed to so they didn't have a Ray Rice part 2 on their hands. He didn't lose any money, and Goodell probably understood that this used to be the way parents parented. He didn't fuck this one up like he did Rice.

Zeke

AP isn't being traded. He had his day in court, we just wait on Goodell's decision.

But if you want to go down that road, he got arrested in Texas, told Jeruh he wants to be a Cowboy at some point, and Cowboys allowed a dui murderer back on the sideline. So odds say Dallas.
I'm bracing myself for this. Jerry will do what Jerry will do and Damn everything else. Let's be honest he won't face much backlash either.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
AP isn't being traded. He had his day in court, we just wait on Goodell's decision.

But if you want to go down that road, he got arrested in Texas, told Jeruh he wants to be a Cowboy at some point, and Cowboys allowed a dui murderer back on the sideline. So odds say Dallas.

He said Houston or Dallas.

If anything happens to Arian maybe we can convince Adrian. :p

McNair won't do that though. ):

Or MAYBE we could have both and not even need a QB!

zychi

Banned
I'm bracing myself for this. Jerry will do what Jerry will do and Damn everything else. Let's be honest he won't face much backlash either.

Cam, Dez, Demarco and AP. If that team doesn't win a Super Bowl, Dallas is doomed for another decade

MechDX

He said Houston or Dallas.

If anything happens to Arian maybe we can convince Adrian. :p

McNair won't do that though. ):

Or MAYBE we could have both and not even need a QB!

yep. Uncle Bob wont touch AP at this point. But imagine lining him and JJ in the offensive backfield together.

mid-season awards? C'MON, MAN

Dammit Greg! Its all I have, let me have it!!

Zeke

Cam, Dez, Demarco and AP. If that team doesn't win a Super Bowl, Dallas is doomed for another decade
Murray will be gone Dallas doesn't care about riding him into the ground this season. Murray will get them a decent draft pick and player or players.

zychi

Banned
Murray will be gone Dallas doesn't care about riding him into the ground this season. Murray will get them a decent draft pick and player or players.

Assume AP doesnt come to Dal next year, who's the running back? Dunbar? A rookie?

Ok just checking. Wondering how many leagues he got picked up

I just grabbed him in my 3 leagues, gonna just throw him on IR just in case.

Zeke

Assume AP doesnt come to Dal next year, who's the running back? Dunbar? A rookie?
Pretty much. I expect randle to be gone too he's been to much of a dastraction since underwear gate. Dunbar has ok I'd assume they draft another back too.

Just read this on ESPN:

DeMarco Murray. He's on pace to become the eighth running back in the NFL to rush for more than 2,000 yards. Murray, not Tony Romo, is the key to Dallas reaching the postseason.

Dat Tony Romo hate train. Dallas cannot win without Romo or Murray. Murray is a huge part of why Dallas is as good as they are, but a Tony Romo led Dallas team without Murray could possibly get 8-8, while a Weeden led Dallas team with Murray would be lol-worthy.

Zeke

That's pretty fucking rich :jnc without the threat of the passing game teams just need to keep stacking the box and keep blitzing. Romo and Murray are both integral pieces of this team.

zychi

Banned
Just read this on ESPN:

Dat Tony Romo hate train. Dallas cannot win without Romo or Murray. Murray is a huge part of why Dallas is as good as they are, but a Tony Romo led Dallas team without Murray could possibly get 8-8, while a Weeden led Dallas team with Murray would be lol-worthy.

I've never understood the hate for Romo. He isn't flashy like Kap or Cam, he doesn't start anything, he shows up, gets hurt and beaten for a decade behind a shit line, and usually has a mediocre defense. He's been the reason Dallas wins the past decade, and the reason they lose too. He was undrafted and made something of it. How most QBs should be.

Comparing two stars in two sports:
No one criticizes Kobe Bryant for the 30% last second game winners he's actually made (people and media actually think Kobe is good at this) or that he can't win the big one without help. What's the difference with Romo? Why is he criticized so much, but Kobe isn't?

The only knock is that he is a Cowboy apparently.

cdyhybrid

7l1FPUr.png

I can't believe this statistic. Surely giving the ball to a top-3 running back wouldn't help us win games. This has to be wrong.

JABEE

RG Todd Herremans is going to have surgery after trying to play through a torn bicep. His season is over.

Matt Tobin is going to be the man from now on.

7l1FPUr.png

I can't believe this statistic. Surely giving the ball to a top-3 running back wouldn't help us win games. This has to be wrong.

What's more alarming is that they are two games where he didn't give him the ball 14 times. I mean it's 14!! Not like it's 25 or 30. 14!!! A team should have a minimum of like 60 plays a game. You can't give it to him 1/4 of the time? WHAT THE FUCK.

Spinluck

I'm still registered to vote at my old address which is 4 hours away, fuck.

Looks like I let Florida down today.

#saveflorida

Zeke

I've never understood the hate for Romo. He isn't flashy like Kap or Cam, he doesn't start anything, he shows up, gets hurt and beaten for a decade behind a shit line, and usually has a mediocre defense. He's been the reason Dallas wins the past decade, and the reason they lose too. He was undrafted and made something of it. How most QBs should be.

No one criticizes Kobe Bryant for the 30% last second game winners he's actually made (people and media actually think Kobe is good at this) or that he can't win the big one without help. What's the difference with Romo? Why is he criticized so much, but Kobe isn't?

It's because he plays for Dallas it's that simple. Put him on any other team with same amount of success he's had in Dallas you get people singing a different tune. Fans shutting on Romo are in for a rude awakening when he retires. He's been the best qb since aikman. Up until he replaced Bledsoe there was no long term qb. It was Quincy Carter, vinny t, drew Henson, drew bledsoe. Bledsoe was the best we had in that time. People shit on him in Dallas too. I really liked Bledsoe but he fell victim to the same shit Romo has shit line with no other help. Romo finally has line and the defense was playing good enough and you saw what he could do.
Edit: Fuck Kobe

Tom Penny

I agree.I put Romo at QB right up there with Kobe at SG historically.

I don't drink piss! I'll stick with my ice cold pepsi.

Coke > Pepsi.

I agree.I put Romo at QB right up there with Kobe at SG historically.

Kobe has 5 rings, 2 of which when he was the man, and 3 of which when he was the right hand man. Kobe has also had other NBA finals appearance where he did not win, and countless playoff performances, along with record setting games. Kobe was also considered #1 in his profession, and position for many seasons.

Romo has barley any playoff experience, barley any success in the playoffs. 0 rings, 0 claim to being the best QB in the NFL at any point in his career.

You guys must be smoking the best shit of your life if you think two are even comparable.

Top Bottom