• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 10 |OT| - Fright Night

JABEE

OH MY GOD LEAVE THAT DOG ALONE YOU FUCKING MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, it's just your son in a Halloween costume. Carry on good citizen!

Exactly. Dogs are living entities worthy of basic human rights.

Children are property and objects to control and tame with sticks and hands.

It's really strange how this kind of behavior is still almost taboo to directly criticize.

brentech

I think you give the man a second chance and play him- and I'm saying that as someone that doesn't condone his disciplining methods.

After all he's done for not only the team, but the MN/St.Paul community in the past 7 years you don't just jettison your best player and a guy that has lifted the organization up like that for something that has been classified as an unintentional (i.e. he didn't set out to injure the child) incident. From accounts of people not only all over the NFL, but in other walks of life, Adrian is a very genuine, respectful human being. He's beloved in his locker room. I've met him (prior to the Rams game in St. Louis in '12) and although brief, he's easily the most pleasant 'superstar' I've ever met. He gave my special needs child a big hug and supplied some autographs.
Didn't he literally say to the mom that he continued the punishment/beating because the kid wouldn't cry?

Being the best player on the team or anything else he did for the city shouldn't weigh any bearing on what happens to him.
Being a monster to your children just because you're good at football shouldn't be condoned.

eznark

Banned
The problem for Ray Rice is that he isn't any good. The league is sending a strong message that anyone with talent is welcome, no matter what you've done. I don't necessarily have a problem with that, but they should own it. The lip service to player safety, "No More!," etc. just looks foolish when you let these guys keep playing.

"Together we can end domestic violence" by doing the absolute bare minimum that the public will allow us to get away with.

Bread

Banned
Jesus christ, that Broncos video is the worst thing in the world.

Why didn't the Broncos kneel down on every play after they were down so many points? You know, just give up, because there is no reason to keep on going right.

Not like Godslay was complaining about the Broncos never keeping their foot on the gas, like the Pats just did. But I forgot, when we do it, it's running up the score. When everybody else does it, it's normal.
They were up 22 points, a 2 pt conversion would put them up 4 scores instead of 3. Durrr so classless!

Respect

The problem for Ray Rice is that he isn't any good. The league is sending a strong message that anyone with talent is welcome, no matter what you've done. I don't necessarily have a problem with that, but they should own it. The lip service to player safety, "No More!," etc. just looks foolish when you let these guys keep playing.

"Together we can end domestic violence" by doing the absolute bare minimum that the public will allow us to get away with.

That commercial makes my skin crawl every time I see it.

LevelNth

Banned
AP should celebrate his next TD by taking out a stick, bending over and hitting one of those ball guys at the end of the field then shrugging his shoulders and doing the JFF money sign.

eznark

Banned
That commercial makes my skin crawl every time I see it.

"NO MORE felony charges... Seriously, why did you not pay that little shit to keep his mouth shut, what is wrong with you"

"NO MORE videos"

"NO MORE witnesses"

"NO MORE visible scarring, we hear oranges wrapped in a towel don't leave bruises"

brentech

Lol

7TM1qoJ.gif

Today I read an article on grantland about Peyton being a choker (though honestly it was just a veiled Brady/Belichick suck off piece, which is ironic because Brady is just as much of a choker as Peyton without his cameras) and Dave Dameshek and Adam Rank spent a whole podcast shitting on how Peyton sucks in the cold.

Can't sweep it under the rug anymore!

Farmer laying the smack down during his Presser today. Knew Grossi would bring up Cribbs as well, couldn't hurt, honestly. He'd play tough on all ST.

Also, If it was so obvious that the Pats won before the 4th quarter started, why didn't the Broncos just go home already? Could have been home an hour earlier!

Add to that that they called time-outs in the 4th quarter, just accept the loss and die already guys! Hell, why even bother playing the second half?

Vio-Lence

Banned
Hope the bears can make an inspired coaching hire like the cubs with Maddon. Tired of this mickey mouse bullshit. Could have hired Arians.

eznark

Banned
Hope the bears can make an inspired coaching hire like the cubs with Maddon. Tired of this mickey mouse bullshit. Could have hired Arians.

Bears should probably start tampering now, then. Theo didn't fuck around and wait til The Man told him it was ok.

eznark

Banned

I miss the days of the Bears trying to develop a quarterback. Cutler has been fun but Christ is it stale. I miss Moses Moreno. I miss Cade McNown. I miss Brian Griese, Chad Hutchinson, Erik Kramer.

I miss 10 different quarterbacks in 11 years.

Respect

To me it always looks like Eli doesn't realize it's not about him being abused.

His delivery does seem...off...but since you put it this way, it makes sense.

Every time I see it, I just see the video of Ray knocking his wife out. Before the video came out, domestic violence wasn't a big deal to take a stand on...but after, guess we should do something. Maybe they could bring back the old coors light coach inverview commercial format and make it fun - inserting Goodell's takes.

"NO MORE felony charges... Seriously, why did you not pay that little shit to keep his mouth shut, what is wrong with you"

"NO MORE videos"

"NO MORE witnesses"

"NO MORE visible scarring, we hear oranges wrapped in a towel don't leave bruises"

AP just needs to know that you can whip the bottom of someones feet with a switch, not leave a bruise or really any visible evidence, and the best part is that there are large nerve clusters in feet that do not get less sensitive to pain as the beating continues. Any visible signs of the beating fade within hours.

Bread

Banned
AP just needs to know that you can whip the bottom of someones feet with a switch, not leave a bruise or really any visible evidence, and the best part is that there are large nerve clusters in feet that do not get less sensitive to pain as the beating continues. Any visible signs of the beating fade within hours.
no he really doesn't need to know that

Vio-Lence

Banned
I miss the days of the Bears trying to develop a quarterback. Cutler has been fun but Christ is it stale. I miss Moses Moreno. I miss Cade McNown. I miss Brian Griese, Chad Hutchinson, Erik Kramer.

I miss 10 different quarterbacks in 11 years.
Try like 20.
missing losers like jim miller, shane matthews, henry burris, todd collins, kordell stewart, Jonathan quinn, craig krenzel.

Bad, bad,bad.

Spinluck

And now, for a weekly update...

animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-drudge-report.gif

7462.jpg
7462.jpg
7462.jpg
7462.jpg
7462.jpg
7462.jpg
7462.jpg

pJbF9ST.png

:lol "UNSTOPPABLE," Nfl.com full of shit as usual. We looked like shit for most of the game, god this O-line is bad. Luck save us :(

FORMER FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK ON RECORD SETTING PACE

fYzdh0y.jpg

And here's a bonus!

Oec1Dxt.png

eznark

Banned
Try like 20.
missing losers like jim miller, shane matthews, henry burris, todd collins, kordell stewart, Jonathan quinn, craig krenzel.

Bad, bad,bad.

I was just counting statistical leaders. Even outside of injuries the revolving door was truly remarkable.

xnipx

Yea fuck rehabilitation and trying to cure the problem by changing the mindset of people who get caught. Let's throw everybody in jail who ever beat their kids and left a mark or drew blood.

JABEE

Yea fuck rehabilitation and trying to cure the problem by changing the mindset of people who get caught. Let's throw everybody in jail who ever beat their kids and left a mark or drew blood.

I agree with you. Adrian Peterson should be in prison.

eznark

Banned

Who said he should go to jail?

Fucking JABEE

Spinluck

Jesus christ, that Broncos video is the worst thing in the world.

Why didn't the Broncos kneel down on every play after they were down so many points? You know, just give up, because there is no reason to keep on going right.

Not like Godslay was complaining about the Broncos never keeping their foot on the gas, like the Pats just did. But I forgot, when we do it, it's running up the score. When everybody else does it, it's normal.

:lol chill

if anything, I think it was Bill trying to make sure Manning had absolutely no chance at coming back or making it a game. He's one of the best when it comes to gameplanning against Manning.

Just voted. I really hope Tom Wolf is not a moron. His tax plan is decent, taxing natural gas extraction has long been necessary. I just hope he doesn't take all of that money and give giant new union contracts or something stupid. He needs to pour it into education and cuts to business taxes, as if that will happen : (

zychi

Banned
So AP is going to get reinstated probably? He's missed 9 weeks already, and wasn't sent to jail. No way he gets a longer suspension after serving the mandatory 6 game(actually 9 for him so far)

Ray Rice's indefinite suspension will likely end Thursday in court by a judge because of Goodell's shitty response and double suspensions that broke the rules.

I wonder how much the NFL really cares about domestic violence and if both will be allowed back.

JABEE

So AP is going to get reinstated probably? He's missed 9 weeks already, and wasn't sent to jail. No way he gets a longer suspension after serving the mandatory 6 game(actually 9 for him so far)

Ray Rice's indefinite suspension will likely end Thursday in court by a judge because of Goodell's shitty response and double suspensions that broke the rules.

I wonder how much the NFL really cares about domestic violence and if both will be allowed back.
They don't care at all.

zychi

Banned
So next season will Trent Truck for a 1st rounder be worse then the team getting AP for a 3rd or 4th rounder?

AP isn't being traded. He had his day in court, we just wait on Goodell's decision.

But if you want to go down that road, he got arrested in Texas, told Jeruh he wants to be a Cowboy at some point, and Cowboys allowed a dui murderer back on the sideline. So odds say Dallas.

Top Bottom