• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 10 |OT| - Fright Night

Fantomex

Looking at some teams future cap numbers. Lions pay Calvin and Stafford over 46 million combined in 2016. Reggie Bush isn't getting cut next year since they only save 1.7 million while having 3.5 million in dead money. Of Detroit's top 8 in salary next year only cutting one of them will save them over half of that player's salary. They have over 100 million in salary taken up in 2016 already. I don't see any way they end up keeping Suh.

We have an insider here that KNOWS how he thinks and feels. You can bet that he will be staying in 2016. Disregard the numbers, quotes and GM guesses around the league.

minx

Trestman went for a 40 something field goal on 2nd down last year???

Forgot about that one. I believe he missed it and the Bears lost. I expect Tucker to be fired tomorrow. Trestman should be fired at the end of the year. It is obvious that he has lost the team and can't make adjustments.

I should be happy, I should be spamming the thread but this feels like the weakest 7-2 team in recent memory. We've won the last 3 games by 6 points combined.

Cupcake college football schedule as well:

Giants are 3-6
Carolina 3-5-1 (loss)
Green Bay 6-3
Jets 2-8
Buffalo 5-4 (loss)
Minnesota 4-5
Saints 4-5
Atlanta 3-6
Miami 5-4

The only impressive win was Week 3 vs Green Bay, but if Det/GB played next week... who you think would be favored? I have very little confidence in this team.
Damn kas heavy knows more about football then you.

Trey

aKMQDQg.gif

What a catch.

RELAYER

Banned
This show Im watching about sasquatch sightings is pretty hilarious.
not more hilarious than the Bears but close.

Should you really be talking?
The Saints are pretty hilarious themselves.
Remember how you guys were going 14-2 and the season was all about keeping up with Seattle for home field advantage?

Skele7on

Banned
Lions are so fucking clutch.

Seriously was watching like uhhh ohh.

Then I remembered we have Megatron and Tate playing together....

What a damn game, next week Lions kill cardinals and every seahawks fan will love us.

". Detroit equaled its best record since 1954, when the Lions won eight of their first nine games. They have started 7-2 only four times since, according to STATS, most recently in 1993 when they finished 10-6."

cajunator

Banned
Should you really be talking?
The Saints are pretty hilarious themselves.
Remember how you guys were going 14-2 and the season was all about keeping up with Seattle for home field advantage?

The Saints and Falcons have certainly been hilarious this year. As for 14-2 id never predict that kind of record.

Sigh. And we could have franchised him.

So many people last year were saying it was the smart thing to do. Give him one more year in the offense to show that he was going to do great, and then sign him to a big contract. So odd that they rushed to pay him when they didn't have to.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I should be happy, I should be spamming the thread but this feels like the weakest 7-2 team in recent memory. We've won the last 3 games by 6 points combined.

Cupcake college football schedule as well:

Giants are 3-6
Carolina 3-5-1 (loss)
Green Bay 6-3
Jets 2-8
Buffalo 5-4 (loss)
Minnesota 4-5
Saints 4-5
Atlanta 3-6
Miami 5-4

The only impressive win was Week 3 vs Green Bay, but if Det/GB played next week... who you think would be favored? I have very little confidence in this team.

Agreed. Next week should tell a lot about this team. Tough road game in a place they have never won against a team with a great D and wide receivers.

My main problem with the team is how the offense disappears for almost the entire game. That cannot keep happening if they expect to keep winning. I thought it would pick up as the season went on but it is getting worse.

If they want any shot at the playoffs, they can't let it come down to the final game against GB. Haven't won there since before Favre and GB is going to be rolling at that point.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It was nice to RELAX for a game and just enjoy the blowout.

Looking at the wild card picture in the NFC, does 11-5 even guarantee a spot? I guess a lot of it depends on how Arizona plays without Palmer and then how SF and Seattle shakes out. Also Dallas and Philly. I don't think I can see SF going 11-5 though. Seems really hard to project the playoff positions in the NFC right now.

bionic77

The Browns are still first in the AFC North.

I am going to enjoy this for the week.
I can't get mad at Browns fan.

We need someone evil to jumpstart the rivalry. Though I don't think I can handle 2 teams that I really hate in the division.

And also fuck the entire coaching staff of the Steelers. What a bunch of amateurs.

At least the Lakers won!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
So Wussell just ran all over us and next week we get to face Crapernick. If you do Fan Duel or any of the other daily fantasy leagues, I'd suggest starting him. :(

BigAT

How many players went broke WHILE playing the game?

Plenty I'm sure, at least on paper. They probably outspent what they were making and built up debt. If you remember a few years ago the Jets had to give an advance to Cromartie just so he could begin to pay off his child support because he was broke.

So many people last year were saying it was the smart thing to do. Give him one more year in the offense to show that he was going to do great, and then sign him to a big contract. So odd that they rushed to pay him when they didn't have to.
If they hadn't paid him though he would have been all sulky with bad body language

eznark

Banned
Two more years of Pouts before the Bears can even think about rebuilding. So awesome. He is going to be more hated than Bartman by the time all is said and done.

DMczaf

“It was definitely not a push-off,” Graham said, via the New Orleans Times-Picayune. “I’m running down the field telling myself, ‘Whatever you do, don’t push off.’ It’s interesting how guys grab me everywhere on the field and I put literally two fingers on somebody and they make that kind of call.”

Motherfucker, we got tape of your dumb ass extending both arms.

FIRE EVERYONE! WHY HASN'T ANYONE BEEN FIRED YET? RAWR!

But seriously, I want to see somebody get fired today. I know it won't happen though. :-/

RBH

The Falcons made Josh McCown cry:

Bucs quarterback Josh McCown fell into the arms of offensive coordinator Marcus Arroyo in the locker room and sobbed like he had lost more than a football game Sunday.

On his way to his post-game press conference, he hugged coach Lovie Smith's wife, MaryAnne, and the tears flowed. When he got to the podium and was asked why he was so emotional after the 27-17 loss to the Atlanta Falcons, McCown looked down and took five seconds to compose himself before answering.

"One and eight," McCown said, his voice cracking, "One and eight and, uh, one and eight. You want to give your teammates and the coaches and the fans and your family and everybody here better than that. It just hurts. It hurts."
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs-3-vs-falcons-0-live-scoring-summary/2205794

:)

I'm feeling strangely confident about tonight's game, even though the Panthers haven't given me any reason to be in the past six weeks.

The defense is still pillow soft, the QB is still in the worst stretch of his career, and Mike Shula and Coward Ron are still heading the ship.

There is no logical reason to believe that the Eagles don't run us off the field at their place in primetime. But for some magical reason I think we win this game.

Top Bottom