• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 10 |OT| - Fright Night

Vio-Lence

Banned
Bears have to fire Tucker tomorrow, but he's just the fall guy. Trestman is the real problem. We knew going into the season that the defense was going to be bad, but the offense was supposed to be a top unit. The offense has been hot garbage this year and Cutler is pure trash. Team doesn't compete, plays stupid, and is out coached every week. That's on the head coach.

Should consider getting rid of Emery as well.

Lets start tampering with Harbaugh if the SF thing doesn't work out.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Dan Bernstein's Marc Trestman Obituary:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/11/09/bernstein-trestman-bears-bottom-out/

The seeds for this game were planted in training camp and sown by a weak, permissive culture devoid of authority and accountability. Trestman’s spinelessness and circle-talking prattle, general manager Phil Emery’s manufactured arguments in support of bad players who he thinks are good, Jay Cutler’s inherent blithe indifference and Brandon Marshall’s over-romanticized pathological narcissism have conspired to bring them here.

eznark

Banned
6a00d83451fe4669e2017c3475f3c2970b-800wi

Vio-Lence

Banned
i have a love/hate relationship with B&B, but it should be fun tomorrow at work listening to the Bears obituary. Spiegs and Mannely + B&B. Mully and Hanley is warmed over poop tho.

eznark

Banned
i have a love/hate relationship with B&B, but it should be fun tomorrow at work listening to the Bears obituary. Spiegs and Mannely + B&B. Mully and Hanley is warmed over poop tho.

Can't wait to hear them shit on Marshall. Tired of that woman beating slimeball getting the teflon treatment.

ramuh

I love hearing the heartbreak, sadness, bitterness, and just pure pissiness about the state of affairs for the Bears. It's like a lullaby and it's calming me down to fall asleep.

ShaneB

Those are good points. It's just tough when you have something like today where the late games and the SNF game all matched up bad teams vs good ones and were ultimately non-competitive. I just don't remember this many blowouts happening 2-3 years ago let alone 15-20 years ago

I've been feeling the same way the past couple weeks. I'm always one to state a game is never over until it's over, but my love of defence is now making me turn off any game that gets out of hand quickly. A shame, have no interest in seeing a blowout in any case, and especially not one where points keep piling up on every drive. Tuned out right after the second TD of the SNF game, and was really glad the Chiefs/Bills game had some fun defence.

Just finished watching Real Steel. That was completely ridiculous. lol

Doorman

Let's be honest though. For as bad as the Bears looked in this game, I still feel like the Atlanta demolishing of Tampa Bay earlier in the season was technically a worse game. This one only feels slightly different because the Bears at the time were still entertaining the thought that they might be able to turn the season around and actually do something.

One of these Bears radio hosts mentioned that Detroit will steamroll them too, but unless Trestman really does lose the team entirely, I'm not so sure I see that happening. Outside of the first week of the season, we really don't rout anybody.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Packers need Lacy and Harris in the short pass game vs the Lions.

The rest should take care of itself.

There is no short passing game against this Lions defense. Our defensive line, linebackers and safety's are ball hawks. Slow ass Lacy will have problems outrunning Suh let alone Idhebego.

Cutler has to go. What a huge disappointment. Cut everyone on that team except Forte, Marshall, Alshon, and some of the O-line.

Thoughts on the Lions?

Bears are gonna be desperate enough to drop $20 million/year plus on Suh this offseason.

EDIT: HAHAHAHAHA just as I say it, Bears fans calling in demanding they sign Suh.

Let's be honest though. For as bad as the Bears looked in this game, I still feel like the Atlanta demolishing of Tampa Bay earlier in the season was technically a worse game. This one only feels slightly different because the Bears at the time were still entertaining the thought that they might be able to turn the season around and actually do something.

One of these Bears radio hosts mentioned that Detroit will steamroll them too, but unless Trestman really does lose the team entirely, I'm not so sure I see that happening. Outside of the first week of the season, we really don't rout anybody.

For three fucking weeks straight I screamed in excitement as they hit a game winner. I would like to have an easy comfortable win so my heart can stay intact.

Top Bottom