• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 10 |OT| - Fright Night

MechDX

Jason La Canfora retweeted
Drea Avent ‏@dreaavent · 12m12 minutes ago
Spoke to a texans offensive player,told me "we are intrigued to see what Ryan Mallett can do when it counts, he deserves a shot to start"

tumblr_m6zbs2YhAD1r3kwa0.gif

Zeke

Interesting in all three of the cowboy losses they only scored 17 points and in two of the losses Murray only had 19 carries.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Yeah, how the hell you going to talk shit with gifs of games you were too scared to watch? That's lamer than Gata's entire life.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Think Atlanta and Miami defenses are similar, do you?

Actually you probably do. You don't even watch the games anymore.

It doesn't matter. It was a 3rd and 25, down 21-3 and Stafford fucked around and dropped a perfect bomb.

We had all of our tight ends out, Megatron, Bush and a few other key players. When the offense gets clicking no one can stop us.

Plus our defense is head and shoulders above any other in the league. I can't name any starters on the Chargers D except Manti Teo whereas we have Pro Bowlers like Suh and DeAndre Levy with a playmaking secondary coached by Teryl Austin.

Tannehill won't run on our defense like he did against the "great" Chargers defense.

Zeke

Murray has been getting around 25 carries. I've already said Dallas doesn't care about running him into the ground. He probably won't be around next season. That's not a knock on him but cap space is tight and Dez is due a pay day.

Dragon

Banned
The first time they invaded Kuwait.

The second time was so stupid and evil on our part that I can't believe people don't talk about it more often.

Probably because Bush fooled most of the mouth breathers in the US about WMDs and the Easter Bunny.

Russia 'invaded' Crimea, you don't see the US messing with Russia on it military-wise.

It was purely about oil assets.

eznark

Banned
How could I forget the St. Louis - Arizona game! If there is one word I'd use to describe Austin Davis and the Rams it's "thrilling."

You realize, because you are such a good and dedicated NFL fan, that there is like zero licks of difference between the way Davis and Tannehill have performed this year right?

MechDX

RBH deserves better!

When Mallett gets the start against the Browns I was going to invite Dutch for a shirtless road trip to Cleveland to watch the Mallett era kick starting. I was going to make a side stop to pick you up but not now.

No chicken fired steak eating, Shiner Bock drinking while shirtless for you!

Spinluck

It doesn't matter. It was a 3rd and 25, down 21-3 and Stafford fucked around and dropped a perfect bomb.

We had all of our tight ends out, Megatron, Bush and a few other key players. When the offense gets clicking no one can stop us.

Plus our defense is head and shoulders above any other in the league. I can't name any starters on the Chargers D except Manti Teo whereas we have Pro Bowlers like Suh and DeAndre Levy with a playmaking secondary coached by Teryl Austin.

Tannehill won't run on our defense like he did against the "great" Chargers defense.

You're a caricature at this point, shame, reading your post used to be pretty funny.

Don't think you've ever had a rational discussion about football here, ONCE. :lol

ShaneB

You realize, because you are such a good and dedicated NFL fan, that there is like zero licks of difference between the way Davis and Tannehill have performed this year right?

We often forget that only your opinion is the right one around here.

Tannehill looks like a different QB since that Chiefs game. Also, he has missed two quarters because the Dolphins were winning by so much.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...medium=share&utm_campaign=web-des-art-top-145

Over the last five games:

68.15% completion
103 QB rating
1.2 sacks taken per game
35+ yards rushing

Hopefully the trend continues but he sure as hell has been playing better than Austin Davis over that stretch. It's a new offense so I think it's reasonable to expect some bumps early on. Use your eyeballs.

Colasante

So is Savage hurt for the Texans or just not doing good in practice? His name never comes up, just Mallett.

He was always a developmental prospect. The only reason he was chosen as early as the 4th round was because of his huge arm and theoretical potential. He's not close to being able to start, from what I understand. Mallett is a 4th year pro, although he's obviously an unknown.

brentech

We often forget that only your opinion is the right one around here.

Tannehill might be closer to his avg yds per game looking at each game, but they both possess essentially the same passer rating and yards over the year. Say what you want about eznark calling it out, but it's not really an opinion when you read the stats.

I haven't watched enough of Austin Davis to say more than that, and I think Tannehill is (and should be) a better QB at the moment....but he specically said how each of them performed this year. Not how they could be performing.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
There really is zero reason to not try out Mallett. Fitzmagic was never good and just continues to lose games. You have 8 years of tape of him and he's never done shit but grow the second best beard in the game.

Texan fans have got to be tearing their hair out.

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 11s11 seconds ago
O"Brien says Ryan Mallett is now the #Texans starter.

DUTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ron-paul.gif

Colasante

ron-paul.gif

What a wonderful future we're in for! Can't wait for the 2018 AFC championship game.

453662342.jpg

Tannehill might be closer to his avg yds per game looking at each game, but they both possess essentially the same passer rating and yards over the year. Say what you want about eznark calling it out, but it's not really an opinion when you read the stats.
I was off the Tannehill bandwagon after week 3 and he still has a lot to prove but he has been showing a lot more over the past 5 games.

zychi

Banned
So glad I pay for a video game service that never fucking works. XBL and PSN are such scams. Maybe use some of the money for actual dedicated servers? Jesus

ShaneB

I haven't watched enough of Austin Davis to say more than that, and I think Tannehill is (and should be) a better QB at the moment....but he specically said how each of them performed this year. Not how they could be performing.

Meh. I'm just backing up my boy TDR. Lots of interesting games this week, and Miami/Det is certainly one of them.

Meh. I'm just backing up my boy TDR. Lots of interesting games this week, and Miami/Det is certainly one of them.
ez has always been a Tannehill doubter and he will push that narrative for as long as possible. That's fine, it's still somewhat warranted, but if you actually watch the games you can see that he has shown rapid improvement in this offense over the course of the season.

Detroit is a huge test to see if this is a real trend and sign of a bright future or fool's gold.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

ron-paul.gif

Cool, let's hope he is better.

Top Bottom