• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 10 |OT| - Fright Night

JABEE

ez has always been a Tannehill doubter and he will push that narrative for as long as possible. That's fine, it's still somewhat warranted, but if you actually watch the games you can see that he has shown rapid improvement in this offense over the course of the season.

Detroit is a huge test to see if this is a real trend and sign of a bright future or fool's gold.

I thought eznark was pretty positive about Tannehill coming into this season. He just hates when people rag on Philbin.

Tom Penny

Tannehill looks like a different QB since that Chiefs game. Also, he has missed two quarters because the Dolphins were winning by so much.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...medium=share&utm_campaign=web-des-art-top-145

Over the last five games:

68.15% completion
103 QB rating
1.2 sacks taken per game
35+ yards rushing

Hopefully the trend continues but he sure as hell has been playing better than Austin Davis over that stretch. It's a new offense so I think it's reasonable to expect some bumps early on. Use your eyeballs.

Tannehill is throwing to Mike Wallace. Davis just lost his best elite WR Brian Quick.

I thought eznark was pretty positive about Tannehill coming into this season. He just hates when people rag on Philbin.
He said before the season started that the Dolphins would be the most surprisingly awful team primarily because of Tannehill. On my phone so I can't track down the post at the moment.

I just learned that at one point the CFL had teams in San Antonio, Las Vegas, Alabama, etc. Lol

BaltimoreColts.GIF

1995 GREY CUP CHAMPS BITCH! GO USA!

MechDX

Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant · 2m2 minutes ago
"I'd be lying if I didn't say I was excited about this," Mallett said. "I'm going to give it everything I've got."

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 30s31 seconds ago
"My football IQ is a lot higher than a lot of people think it is. If you think I’m a dumb player, fine. My advantage there" Mallett. #Texans

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans · 32s33 seconds ago
RT @DoughertyDrew: "I'm going to be aggressive and I'm going to stay within the gameplan."-Mallett on how he'll play as starter.

thatsmyQB

Tom Penny

Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant · 2m2 minutes ago
"I'd be lying if I didn't say I was excited about this," Mallett said. "I'm going to give it everything I've got."

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 30s31 seconds ago
"My football IQ is a lot higher than a lot of people think it is. If you think I’m a dumb player, fine. My advantage there" Mallett. #Texans

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans · 32s33 seconds ago
RT @DoughertyDrew: "I'm going to be aggressive and I'm going to stay within the gameplan."-Mallett on how he'll play as starter.

thatsmyQB

My buddy texted me this morning before they even made the switch asking why I was dumb enough to pick up Mallet on waivers. He will carry me to 1st place.

MechDX

So Texans @ Browns will be the first ever Tom Brady Invitational Bowl.

When does Manning get his bowl? Osweiler vs. Painter!

You fools! Obviously game of the week is Eagles Panthers!

The Dirty Sanchez Rises!

Can Scam be stopped without the tackling prowess of DeMeco Ryans?

Actually, I was looking at the stats today and damn Kendricks is a beast. He had 5 solo tackles and 7 assists, a sack and a forced fumble. If the dude plays like that every week I don't think there's a ton to worry about.

Yeah, the CFL had the same idea as McMahon to punch the NFL in the nuts and offer competition (probably seeing that the NFL would continue to poach whomever they wanted off CFL rosters). They even gave US teams a competitive advantage by not holding them to the roster limit on non-Canadian players.

But like the XFL, the CFL lost a boatload of money on the whole idea and after the Browns moved to Baltimore all of the US owners bailed out and closed their franchises within a few months.

BaltimoreColts.GIF

1995 GREY CUP CHAMPS BITCH! GO USA!

:jnc I don't think the team even had a logo when they won. Pretty much ended the USA expansion plan on the spot.

I think GTA V on PS4 looks great but after reading that IGN article about that I'm reminded why I never bother visiting/reading video game websites.

The amount of mouth-on-dick hyperbo-slobber is disgusting.

No restraint, just pure marketing speak.

Tamanon

Banned
I think GTA V on PS4 looks great but after reading that IGN article about that I'm reminded why I never bother visiting/reading video game websites.

The amount of mouth-on-dick hyperbo-slobber is staggering.

It's why I found all this talk about "games journalism" hilarious, considering it's enthusiast press. Journalism doesn't exist in a media where your model is designed around previews and access to developers.

BigAT

Wait, you're complaining about someone liking GTA too much? God damn.

Oh, we had that logo, but we were only the "Baltimore CFL Colts" for a short while, before we were forced by some drug addict asshole to change to Baltimore Stallions.

That sounds about right. Anyway, best trophy in football, period. Stanley Cup is still the best in pro sports but when you've got a trophy with 100+ years of mileage on it that's pretty good.

The product is not great though, for many reasons. Like how Steve Slaton is apparently a great player on the Toronto team. Or how Ocho still has a job. About the only thing the NFL hasn't figured out how to take away yet is kicker talent.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What are Texans fans going to do when, not if, Mallett plays worse than Fitzpatrick? It's going to be such a shitshow and I don't think Mallett is their best chance at winning games.

Neither is their quarterback of the future though so meh.

Someone say Starter jackets?

b1e6ee540248e0954ff0baaef8341843.jpg

I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing another one of these god forsaken 90s Cowboys relics again.

I had a Packers one in a sea of 7th graders with their Cowboy jackets. Those playoff losses brought so me so much angst and that's why I will always savor and enjoy it when the Cowboys suck!

Where on the Texans Cycle is "celebrating that some team's 3rd-string QB is your starter"?

Still less than "going a whole season with Ryan Fitzpatrick as your starter"

Of course if it turns out Mallet's much worse than Fitzpatrick, then fuck it, drink the pain away, tank and actually pick a QB in the first round this time

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 6m6 minutes ago
Arian Foster yells to Ryan Fitzpatrick, "hey I didn't know what you were talking about in your text this morning. now I know." #Texans

Rotoworld said:
The Charlotte Observer reports contract-year RE Greg Hardy has likely played his final snap as a member of the Panthers.

Operating on the $13.116 million franchise tag, Hardy contributed four tackles, one sack, and one forced fumble in one start for the Panthers this season before being banished to the Commissioner's Exempt List as a result of his domestic-abuse incident. His trial was originally scheduled for November 17, but it's been pushed back to early-2015. And Hardy won't be allowed back on the field until resolution of the case. He'll be a free agent in March.

So who's taking Hardy

bionic77

There was a time when we needed someone to cover gaming news.

Hell I am old enough to remember when it was a big deal to know when a game was released. Otherwise you just fucking showed up at eb games every few weeks and saw what was on the shelves. Very few commercials. You often picked a game from word of mouth or based on the pictures and advertising on the box. At that time the pictures of the actual game with some words on what to expect and maybe a review were pretty valuable.

But now with demos and a shit load of media on every game, there is not much need for it anymore. Basically it is advertising, personality and sometimes opinions. But you can get the advertising and opinions from more people if you go to a message board or any social media outlet.

I honestly cannot remember the last time I read a review or visited a gaming website. Maybe I am an outlier but I feel that is probably the norm for most people these days.

Its just games bro. Its not something important like sports where I have to read every opinion from every stupid sports journalist on the internet after my team wins to confirm what my eyes and the final score already told me!

Top Bottom