• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 10 |OT| - Fright Night

Slo

My neighbor just went to a conceal-carry class at a gunshop and the talked him into buying an AR-15 with $1500 worth of optics. Can't wait to try it out, never shot an AR before.

DMczaf

My neighbor just went to a conceal-carry class at a gunshop and the talked him into buying an AR-15 with $1500 worth of optics. Can't wait to try it out, never shot an AR before.

...why does someone need an AR-15 with $1500 worth of optics?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
He's furious with the VA currently, and I wouldn't be able to argue with him about that aspect. They seem largely inept and highly inefficient. He is paying more for healthcare now than he was (about 100 dollars more per month) because of the Affordable Care Act. Again practicality on an individual level I get it. Veterans largely get the shaft in this country in various ways. I don't know what medical percentage is though so I can't really comment on that :).

The point being is that he gets the benefit of a plethora of government benefits, yet complains about others receiving government assistance. Medical percentage is what you get when you leave the service. 30 percent disability, 40 percent, etc. Some people game the system to get a bigger percentage. Sort of like people who game welfare.

eznark

Banned

They look way more fun than they are but they are a lot of fun. Not worth owning though.

Fox318

Aren't you a fireman?

Cops can't be happy about you touching a weapon. Where will their egos go?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't know if that is true.

There are a lot of accidents and deaths every year due to firearms.

Isn't it possible that teaching people how to use and store their guns could possibly prevent some of them from happening?

Speaking of guns part of me thinks I should have one in the house in the event some Ravens player breaks in and is threatening my family, but I am even more worried about storing guns in the house with my kids. I am going to a gun range to shoot some large calibers (that was stolen from the Dark Tower) later this month. Should be fun.

I'm pretty sure Patriots players are more dangerous in terms of the total bodycount between the two.

Compulsory gun safety courses would probably be expensive as hell for the government to administer. They'd have to probably put a surcharge of $25 to $50 on each gun sold just to pay for the courses and paperwork. And although that seems reasonable like closing whatever loopholes existed for gunshows, it doesn't really do anything to address the problem since people who have guns to do bad things don't care about any of that stuff. It really just makes it more difficult for average people to get a gun. Which is probably what some people want but they don't come out and say that.

cajunator

Banned

Ar15s are overrated. Get a bedded bolt action hunting rifle.

cdyhybrid

I take offense to that, but you already knew that.

Anyway, Joseph Fauria returned to practice today. At least it looks like the Lions will have one of their Tight Ends back against Miami.

No offense intended, I'm just trying to keep our country safe by keeping guns out of Gata's hands.

bionic77

You're a Nova grad? Oh god, that explains a ridiculous amount.
They are supposed to have some of the hottest girls of any institution so I would say he was smart to go there if that is true.

If Antonio Brown gets 5 and 80 he'll break Michael Irvin record of 5 and 80 games streak
Love this guy.

...why does someone need an AR-15 with $1500 worth of optics?
When the government breaks down your door to take away your guns and bible you want something big to answer them with.

That was actually to bionic. Restricting access to one thing is not a good argument for restricting access to a whole other unrelated thing. If it were people wouldn't have a problem with voter id.
Voter ID laws are just a front to make it so that less minorities vote in elections.

If there was a rampant issue with voter fraud or it was causing a serious safety issue I would in favor of id requirements assuming the government could guarantee easy and free access to every citizen.

Dragon

Banned
The point being is that he gets the benefit of a plethora of government benefits, yet complains about others receiving government assistance. Medical percentage is what you get when you leave the service. 30 percent disability, 40 percent, etc. Some people game the system to get a bigger percentage. Sort of like people who game welfare.

Huh I didn't know about medical percentage. Thanks man! And yeah, people can be really inconsistent. I mean who wouldn't take the money in cases when they need it?

You're a Nova grad? Oh god, that explains a ridiculous amount.

Okay? Feel free to explain if you want.

Spinluck

So which one of you guys are inviting me over for Thanksgiving?

I would say invite Gata instead, but I assume no one here allows animals at the table.

eznark

Banned
Voter ID laws are just a front to make it so that less minorities vote in elections.

If there was a rampant issue with voter fraud or it was causing a serious safety issue I would in favor of id requirements assuming the government could guarantee easy and free access to every citizen.

Agreed 100%, but you need a photo id to use a public library, where is the risk to society there? Are you saying the fabric of American society is worth less than some shitty library book? Do you, in fact, wipe your ass with an American flag?

Don't ask me for an ID to vote and don't ask me for a fucking ID to check out a book that I god damned paid for with the tax dollars you stole from me.

bionic77

Still, they will be in close quarters combat at that point, what you gonna do with $1500 worth of optics?!
I really don't know a lot about guns.

My answer was not really meant to be taken seriously.

But despite my lack of knowledge I will try to answer your question anyways.

The optics will make you more accurate (this is usually a good thing) and will strongly imply the possibility of a large penis hiding in your pants to the intruders and any females that are watching the carnage about to unfold. Sports cars and Google Glass have the same purpose but are a lot more expensive.

DMczaf

The optics will make you more accurate (this is usually a good thing) and will strongly imply the possibility of a large penis hiding in your pants to the intruders and any females that are watching the carnage about to unfold. Sports cars and Google Glass have the same purpose but are a lot more expensive.

It all makes sense now.

Thank you.

P.S. - Fuck Google Glass and the people who wear them.

bionic77

Agreed 100%, but you need a photo id to use a public library, where is the risk to society there? Are you saying the fabric of American society is worth less than some shitty library book? Do you, in fact, wipe your ass with an American flag?

Don't ask me for an ID to vote and don't ask me for a fucking ID to check out a book that I god damned paid for with the tax dollars you stole from me.
First, its none of your damned business what I do with my American flag or what I wipe my ass with. I only share that information with the NSA (involuntarily) and my proctologist.

Second, I am pretty sure the reason they require id cards at the public library is because of the Gatas of the world stealing books and never returning them. If we didn't have savages and everyone could be expected to follow the rules and be a decent human being than they could probably do away with that requirement.

MRSA

Banned

ARs are really picky as fuckin guns. Especially since you have to run them wet or else something will go wrong. You're usually covered in oil after shooting one.

Top Bottom