• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 10 |OT| - Fright Night

They must know how Ravens fans feel.

Very few Raven fans feel the way I do about Flacco.

Also,

ravens-rings-lead.jpg

the-saddest-picture-of-colin-kaepernick-is-on-the-front-page-of-the-san-francisco-chronicle.jpg

bionic77

The best part of living here is getting to actually watch the Niner fans turn on Kaep firsthand.
Why do you hate everything about San Francisco so much?

And how has Upshaw not been fined or suspended yet? His hit on Ben was the dirtiest I have seen so far this season. If that happened to Tammy they would have killed him by firing squad as part of the halftime show.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm thinking about getting one of those cajun turkeys from Popeyes. Probably gonna rock Thanksgiving this year by myself but I don't want to be pathetic about it. I have to have some sort of dinner.

How much have you spent on statues of half naked adolescent girls?

:jnc

Why do you hate everything about San Francisco so much?

And how has Upshaw not been fined or suspended yet? His hit on Ben was the dirtiest I have seen so far this season. If that happened to Tammy they would have killed him by firing squad as part of the halftime show.

I don't live in San Francisco, or even the Bay Area anymore (although I'll be there for most of the next few weeks for work). San Francisco as a city is fine. Fine. That's it. The sports fans are the worst, and have turned me against them. Shit, pretty much anything the people support, has put me off. I moved to Santa Cruz as a democrat, and left as a Republican.

bionic77

Never had Thanksgiving by myself.

That must suck balls.

My favorite holiday of the year. And I am actually shopping this black friday. Going to get a new tv and washer and dryer.

Well FMT finally said it. Kaepernick is TRASH!

Let it be known that I said so first. Glad he's come around. Actually, FMT never flat out denied it I don't think, he'd just divert attention away by lamenting the loss of small hands or popping a boner for Gabbert.

Palmer the best QB in the division, who'd a thought it? Little Wussel can't even score on the almighty Raiders in his own stadium. If your counter is the ring, he had nothing to do with that game ;)

That must suck balls.

My favorite holiday of the year. And I am actually shopping this black friday. Going to get a new tv and washer and dryer.

I'm debating the merits of getting a 70" 4K or an 80" 1080p and just wait for large OLEDs to get more affordable.

rando14

Woooo Thanksgiving party at Mech's!!

First order of business: get very drunk and put a punch bowl on my head!! :cool:

Let it be known that I said so first. Glad he's come around. Actually, FMT never flat out denied it I don't think, he'd just divert attention away by lamenting the loss of small hands or popping a boner for Gabbert.

Palmer the best QB in the division, who'd a thought it? Little Wussel can't even score on the almighty Raiders in his own stadium. If your counter is the ring, he had nothing to do with that game ;)

Um excuse me, austin davis is having a pretty dece year ya know!!

None of the QBs in the NFC West are doing much this year tbh

Konka

Banned
The worst I have to be afraid of is jumping out my knickers when those hoodie hooligans try to snack my jumper and trainers! It's right bollocks.

bionic77

I'm debating the merits of getting a 70" 4K or an 80" 1080p and just wait for large OLEDs to get more affordable.
I was not impressed by any of the 4K tvs I saw.

The OLED tvs blew me away. But the only one I can find on sale is a LG and I hate that company and everything it stands for (have a cheap LG for the bedroom and it is a POS). If I could get a nice OLED that was 60+" for 2500 or less I would be all over it. Can't be an LG. The only other tv I saw was a $10k Samsung.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Very few Raven fans feel the way I do about Flacco.

Also,

[MG]http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ravens-rings-lead.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/510fdc8b6bb3f7b364000011/the-saddest-picture-of-colin-kaepernick-is-on-the-front-page-of-the-san-francisco-chronicle.jpg[/IMG]

Smart man! I remember some of the comments from you during that stretch run. There were constant battles about Joe cool being elite, and you kept a level head the whole time laughing that notion off.

Lttp here hoping the dust has settled in the thread, but obvious good game from the pats this weekend. Edelman went beast mode. Despite classic dropsie lafell appearing a few times in the game his play has really made a huge difference on this offense. The secondary was also outstanding. Browner getting those holds are more than worth it, it has to be done to break up a rhtyhm... I actually thought the one at the goal line was questionable though. Either way it was obviously a little uneven given the home field advantage and the cold/windy conditions. Say what you will in the brady vs. manning debate, but being from the weather hell that is new england helps you adapt to shit conditions a lot better, and belichick always has his guys ready. The cards, the titans, the bears, etc. all snowbowls of the last few years and all absolute slaughters. I think this game was closer than the final score in a sense that, the broncs offense is so explosive that one or two plays go the other way and it's down to the wire, but that's the way it played. A few more comments

- Emmanuel Sanders is more than just speedy and crafty, that over the shoulder catch was pretty ridiculous. I don't understand what went wrong that he never took off in pitt
- Pats desperately need a running back, but either way that D-line is the real deal for Denver, Von Miller is a machine, and Ware looks beastly.
- Akeem Ayers has made a big difference. Honestly Mayo has been depleted or on the decline a while now, and even if Ayers is just servicable it's addition by subtraction. The run defense appears, at least for the time being, to be passable.
- uhh when did Pat chung learn to cover? definitely got lucky guy with his play that night.
- Danny Amendola has settled in as a decent background player, making blocks, getting open once in a while. He'll never earn the money he's getting, and maybe he just couldn't handle that pressure.
- That one handed catch by Gronk was probably the most impressive catch I've ever seen from a patriots player or otherwise. The ball had a lot on it, he was falling backwards, it was far too high, and he just reached out and snagged it.

These 2 teams are yet again on a crash course for the playoffs. That's for now obviously, anything can happen between now and then. This year has seen so many ups and downs. It looked like the seahawks were primed for a repeat and now they look like a fringe playoff team if even that. The pats looked completely cooked and Brady all done, now he looks like a top 2 or 3 QB arguably MVP. The chargers looked legit... not sure what happened. The steelers looked horrific and the ravens looked like a potential contender. Now Big ben throws 12 TDs in 2 weeks and the ravens are falling apart. Crazy year.

edit- also I know everybody knows he's getting older, and we've all talked about the drop in the superbowl, but it goes beyond that and just this year... what the hell has happened to wes welker? Particularly his hands. Is it the yips? His first few years in the league the guy was a machine, but it's become a major part of his game to drop routine passes. Massive turning point in that game when he put the ball up in the air the way he did.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

That must suck balls.

Eh, it'll be a first for me but I think it's the only holiday left I haven't spent alone at some point or another. Eating whatever the hell you want and watching football and playing video games is pretty much an awesome day no matter how you shape it.

Any sweet titties

You're like that guy at all the parties that scares the chicks away.

The OLED tvs blew me away. But the only one I can find on sale is a LG and I hate that company and everything it stands for (have a cheap LG for the bedroom and it is a POS). If I could get a nice OLED that was 60+" for 2500 or less I would be all over it. Can't be an LG. The only other tv I saw was a $10k Samsung.

In terms of overall picture quality, I actually like LG! They seem to be a pretty good tv for the price if you don't mind the fact that their tvs have very few features. I'm not sure if I would buy new technology from them though.

Respect

- Akeem Ayers has made a big difference. Honestly Mayo has been depleted or on the decline a while now, and even if Ayers is just servicable it's addition by subtraction. The run defense appears, at least for the time being, to be passable.

I think the value of Mayo comes from the fact he is reliable and experienced. He was never a big playmaker, but he always put himself in the right place at the right time, even though he wouldn't always make the play, it wasn't because he has poor technique/undisciplined.

Him being in there keeps what is a 5 yard run now to a 3 yard run if he would be healthy. Playbooks change when the down and distance is 2nd and 7 vs 2nd and 5. His leadership and big game experience can't be replicated either. Granted, if he is the only player we lose for the year, it will be a great sign.
Please Gronk.

Spinluck

I would be glad to have you over!

Now do me a favor and give us Andrew luck so we have a QB who isn't trash and harbs will stay :(

No.

How about instead we give you Trent Trick for Kaep, a running back for a running back!

Spin you can join Greg, BG and me for Thanksgiving!!

Come visit me Ill hug you.

I'm frying turkeys. You and Spin can come but BG and Greg can't. :(

I'm taking that entire week off. I'll bring the pumpkin pie! The bake game is strong with this one.

cashman

Banned
Murray has been getting around 25 carries. I've already said Dallas doesn't care about running him into the ground. He probably won't be around next season. That's not a knock on him but cap space is tight and Dez is due a pay day.

You know, I bet thats why they're keeping Randle around.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I think the value of Mayo comes from the fact he is reliable and experienced. He was never a big playmaker, but he always put himself in the right place at the right time, even though he wouldn't always make the play, it wasn't because he has poor technique/undisciplined.

Him being in there keeps what is a 5 yard run now to a 3 yard run if he would be healthy. Playbooks change when the down and distance is 2nd and 7 vs 2nd and 5. His leadership and big game experience can't be replicated either. Granted, if he is the only player we lose for the year, it will be a great sign.
Please Gronk.

Both overrated aspects of sports IMO. It definitely helps a locker room/bench, but there is a certain point where you are just hurting your team. Mayo was depleted. Yeah he never made big plays, I think he was capable, but the pats play the most vanilla offense of all time under patricia. That being said he was great at keeping the play in front of him and was an unbelievable tackler. I said it a bunch over the last two seasons. His lateral quickness has all but disappeared, his reaction time appears to have been sapped a bit, his burst appeared depleted. He seemed unsure of himself when he went for tackles. It often seemed like he was keeping his arms less than extended in order to protect himself, and for obvious reasons, his body was failing him. He's had multiple knee injuries, Soft tissue injuries all over. I think he's just about used up at this point, and again our run defense sucked with him out there in the first place. Wilfork has been improving and that has made a difference, but IMO the biggest differnce in the ayers/mayo swap.

Zeke

So if the rams stay put and the raiders stay put or bail to SA I wonder if Spano would make the move to la. I still feel like the rams are the front runners for la. I wish the survey results from SA would leak damn it I wanna read it.

Milchjon

I will be in and around Munich December 15 - 18. I hope it snows.

Lucky you. Munich is pretty awesome. Alas I will only make it down South about a week later.

It's snowing at my parents place right now, which is about on the same latitude as Munich. (like 2h west of it).

Um excuse me, austin davis is having a pretty dece year ya know!!

None of the QBs in the NFC West are doing much this year tbh
Well he's no Erron or Pey Pey but 11 TDs with only 2 Ints in his 5 games and beating everyone he's played this year is pretty good to me! We've put up over 20 in every game after Week 1 and haven't had to have the D and Kicker carry us entirely through any game as we did for most of our wins after Warner's retirement, before Palmer. He's also tops on third down passes this season.

There's a new model Sharp Aquos coming out that a buddy is getting and he says it's pretty good. It's around 75" and is going to be less than 3 grand I believe. I can verify the specifics and get the model if you'd like. I still need to do more of my own research. Samsungs have always been good to me. Just make sure if you get a 4K that you get one that has the main codec to translate most 4K content. The previous Aquos didn't which is why a new model is coming out quick though this is all moot if you get a 4K media streamer, those will have all the codecs you need.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Sorry go ahead and think what you want, the guy had become a major liability out there. He couldn't cover for a damn, he didn't have his old strength, and he clearly wasn't the tackler he once was. He was taking poor angles, making poor decisions, and routinely getting beat.

That must suck balls.

Done it once didn't bother me so much, at the time I was complete crack head for Halo 2 so I spent most of the day gaming, took a break and bought Chinese food I remember getting 2 order of General Tso chicken one for lunch and one dinner lol..

Colasante

Sorry go ahead and think what you want, the guy had become a major liability out there. He couldn't cover for a damn, he didn't have his old strength, and he clearly wasn't the tackler he once was. He was taking poor angles, making poor decisions, and routinely getting beat.

I think I simply saw different games than you. To me, he looked better this year than he has in the past couple years. I don't see how, in any way, his not being on the field helps the team.

Has there ever been a slightly less vague update on when Chandler Jones might return?

Nope. Initially 4 weeks, then 6 weeks, then possibly season ending, and nothing definitive since.

Top Bottom