• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 10 |OT| - Fright Night

MRSA

Banned
MRSA saw a pirate flag and automatically thought it was associated with the Raiders. He was probably on a lot of tramadols, mistakes like that can happen, I speak from experience.

I hate getting high off tramadol, gives me nausea, have to take a zofran to go with it.

I've been poppin a lot of gabapentins lately since that doesn't show up on a drug screen (tramadol doesn't either).

Slo

We are a small company, and the owner is fine with it barring a few rules (mainly dealing with working for direct competitors). We have a core of developers, and we also have contract workers who do stuff on the side for us.

As far as owning the code, ideas, etc, they own the code you work on for them, but anything on the side is yours.

My side work is in the open, but like I said I don't do it very often.

I make a modest salary, don't feel bad. You live in a spot with low cost of living so your dollar probably stretches a bit more. When you see some of these bigger salaries, you have to take into account the location.

Check yer PMs.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I hate getting high off tramadol, gives me nausea, have to take a zofran to go with it.

I've been poppin a lot of gabapentins lately since that doesn't show up on a drug screen (tramadol doesn't either).

Gabapentine was one of the worst scrips I've ever done. Probably the worst. Trams and Gabas are supposed to be cousins but Gabs put me to sleep and caused me to sleep in the car during an important work day. No mas.

MRSA

Banned
Gabapentine was one of the worst scrips I've ever done. Probably the worst. Trams and Gabas are supposed to be cousins but Gabs put me to sleep and caused me to sleep in the car during an important work day. No mas.

Quit trying to explain pharmacology to me because your pharmacology completely sucks. Tramadol behaves similar to opiates while gabapentin will act like a benzo.

Before you try to get high, learn how it works.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I just had the Crossiant Doughnut from Dunkin Donuts. It was aight. I saw a ton of Waffle Houses on my trip through Virginia and North Carolina. Didn't have time to stop by one though.

And holy hell tobacco is cheap as hell in West Virginia. A tin of Grizzly dip was $1.79. I couldn't resist after quitting for a good 6 months.

brentech

I just had the Crossiant Doughnut from Dunkin Donuts. It was aight. I saw a ton of Waffle Houses on my trip through Virginia and North Carolina. Didn't have time to stop by one though.

And holy hell tobacco is cheap as hell in West Virginia. A tin of Grizzly dip was $1.79. I couldn't resist after quitting for a good 6 months.

A) don't eat waffle house
B) why do you do this shit to your body? do you even want to live?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Quit trying to explain pharmacology to me because your pharmacology completely sucks. Tramadol behaves similar to opiates while gabapentin will act like a benzo.

Before you try to get high, learn how it works.

You don't need to waste tens of thousands of dollars on school to understand pharmaceuticals you fuck. Both are used for pain. A simple Google search suffices.

A) don't eat waffle house
B) why do you do this shit to your body? do you even want to live?

Waffle House is probably like White Castle. One of those places you have to experience no matter how shitty it may be.

I've been good the last 10 days or so. I thought I'd indulge.

MRSA

Banned
You don't need to waste tens of thousands of dollars on school to understand pharmaceuticals you fuck. Both are used for pain. A simple Google search suffices.

Your fat head is getting in the way of your reasoning. With your mindless ranting of how the Lions are somehow revelant and stuffing your fat face you don't understand that those two drugs are not used to treat the same type of pain.

Projects like that should realistically just be an addition to what you are doing in your other job. Assuming you have time for that. We do it at our company and people have cleared $30K just doing contract work on the side. Personally, I aim for the bonus money because it is tiered. The more billable hours in a quarter, the greater the cut of the profit for me.

Yeah, we bill at $115/hr, contract workers get around $50/hr for their cut of the hour.

Yeah, that's just not the trajectory I want to take with my career. I'm a Lead Dev at age 30. At my current pace I could be a Director/VP by 40. I don't want to work side jobs because I'm coding a startup with my buddy on the side, which if successful would have much more upside than any other side work right now, and I don't have hard deadlines. I'm not looking to get into the contracting world. I thrive in a business setting.

brentech

Yeah, that's just not the trajectory I want to take with my career. I'm a Lead Dev at age 30. At my current pace I could be a Director/VP by 40. I don't want to work side jobs because I'm coding a startup with my buddy on the side, which if successful would have much more upside than any other side work right now, and I don't have hard deadlines. I'm not looking to get into the contracting world. I thrive in a business setting.
Sounds like you've known your answer all along. Stay where you are.

Godslay

Banned

I work in a business setting as well, I guess maybe what I am describing isn't as common after explaining it to slo. Well good luck, sounds like you've got a plan. Sometimes it just helps to talk it out.

Sounds like you've known your answer all along. Stay where you are.

I would move for the right money. It's contract with potential for a full time hire. But I'm not going to move for a measely raise and lose my equity over it. If we were talking a real $15k-20k raise it would be one thing. This is really like a $8k-9k raise. Not worth the risk that I never get onboarded as a full time employee. I'm going to decline and see if they come back with something else. I mean, this is the first interview I've done in six years and I wasn't looking for a new job actively.

Fantomex

I'm excited for interstellar friday. I might catch Birdman as well. Get hype. No MRSA you can't come, it's during work hours.

bionic77

Lol I make jack shit compared to yall.
im a dirty poor.
It's all relative.

Your 50k or whatever in the bayou might be worth 4 times that in Cali and twice that on the east coast.

As long as you can pay your bills and save some money you are just as well off as anyone else. The US is ridiculously rich. The difference between middle and low upper class is usually just the name on the shirt, TV, car etc. But most of us have smartphones, cars, a house, etc.

If I wasn't married and I didn't have kids I wouldn't give a fuck about money and I would just do what I wanted all day.

JABEE

Tobacco is bad for you!

I am overjoyed at the fact they found that woman who was abducted from Philly alive. I am just sort of horrified that it really was just a random abduction off the street. I hope the guy who took her gets life, which is likely considering there was already a warrant out on his head for murder.

cashman

Banned
A) You never get high enough draft picks to make a true move. You just accrue a lot of guys, but never that special franchise-altering player.

You can find talent all over the board in football. Demarcus Ware and JJ Watt were drafted 12th and 11th respectively. Manziel was like 24th pick.

JABEE

I am overjoyed at the fact they found that woman who was abducted from Philly alive. I am just sort of horrified that it really was just a random abduction off the street. I hope the guy who took her gets life, which is likely considering there was already a warrant out on his head for murder.
Yeah, just saw that on the news. Relieved to hear she is alive and that they caught the perpetrator.

Spinluck

even though her music is awful i would still let her ravage me senseless

image.php

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Weren't you rolling pretty hard here just recently?

I went on a Fear and Loathing esque bender for about a month, yes. I still knew I would have to leave California for awhile and get my ass disciplined. I haven't drank or anything the last 10 days (except for a prescribed Valium here and there).

I've got a great opportunity in the construction industry and I'm going to seize it like Matthew Stafford seizing victory for the Detroit Lions on a late 4th quarter drive.

Top Bottom