• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 10 |OT| - Fright Night

lets get some good WHITE PEOPLE dancin' going on in here!

5-tom-brady-dancing-gif.gif

effzee

Heard on the Micheal Kay show on the drive home that there are some rumors/rumblings of Rex and or Izdick being let go this coming Monday. Jets go on their bye week after this next game against the Steelers so the timing would make sense.

Mornegighghghweigh takes over?

What the fuck

First with the Taylor Swift hate, now with the Always Sunny hate

smdh let's go back to the offseason when NFLGAF wasn't so rude

minx

"The words came at a news conference in January announcing a new head coach of the San Francisco 49ers. A reporter asked owner Eddie DeBartolo about Marc Trestman.

''He's gone,'' DeBartolo replied.

And somewhere, Jerry Rice smiled. Real, real big.

Because if there was anything Rice - the NFL's best wide receiver ever - wanted to hear this past off-season, it was that Trestman - Rice's least favorite offensive coordinator ever - was to be out of a job.

And now, as Rice enters a 13th NFL season, he says he feels more optimistic now than in a long while, particularly than the end of last year.

The absence of Trestman is the reason.

Not that Rice, who holds every major receiving record in NFL history, hated Trestman. It's just he hated the things Trestman made him do:

Run 2-yard crossing routes.

Take a physical beating.

And eventually, even consider retirement.

''That was a nightmare for me,'' said Rice, who caught 108 passes last season, but for ''only'' eight touchdowns and 1,254 yards, an 11.6-yards-per-reception average, 4 yards below his career average.

Those feelings went away withTrestman, and the hiring of new head coach Steve Mariucci, who replaced George Seifert.

''I caught a lot of balls, but it was not a fun year for me,'' said Rice, the NFL's all-time leader in touchdowns, yards receiving and career receptions, who is expected to play extensively in the first half tomorrow night when the Jaguars play the 49ers at 3Com Park in San Francisco in a preseason game. ''I had some doubts in my mind. I was saying, 'Jerry, you've been here for a long time. Maybe it's time to leave, move on.' ''

The main problem was how Trestman used Rice, as a possession receiver, an inexplicable tactic for one of the NFL's top deep threats. Trestman's explanation was the 49ers' running game was suspect, and he needed Rice for first downs in what had become a possession offense.

The strategy worked enough to get the 49ers to the playoffs, but the result was an unhappy Rice, who was so weary by season's end that in one critical goal-line situation against Carolina, he had to leave the field. Quarterback Steve Young threw into triple coverage to rookie Terrell Owens, and the pass was intercepted, killing any chance of a comeback.

In six of the last nine games, Rice averaged under 10 yards a catch. His three 100-yard games and eight touchdowns both were the lowest totals since his rookie year, and, for the first time in his career, he didn't have a catch as long as 40 yards.

''I'm used to stretching downfield, making the big plays,'' Rice said. ''After you get the defense off you, you've got the underneath routes, and that's something we didn't do. I took a lot of blows, and I took a beating.

''I was very depressed, because we didn't really attack people. We didn't run that 49er offense. Not saying anything against Marc Trestman, but it was not enjoyable.''

What a familiar feeling. Hmm.

Spinluck

If its not anytime fitness, yes. I pay $10/mo and theyre only open 18 hours

You never know when you want to lift at 2:43 in the morning.

It's called 24 Hour Fitness, lol. Goddamn, only $10, oh well this might be worth it.

It has a sauna too Gata, so reptiles like you will be able to thin out that blood before a workout. It's really nice, but I want to make sure I actually use the membership lol.

It's one thing to be skinny, it's another thing to be weak. Time to get lean and in shape!

Taylor Swift looks like she's terrible at sex.

That's the fun bro, you get to teach her a lil thang uh two. Develop your own sex monster, she has freak potential.

lets get some good WHITE PEOPLE dancin' going on in here!

macdancingbj.gif

34j8xs2_medium.gif

Always Sunny is the shit.

giphy.gif

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The Patriots should follow the Texans lead and see what they have in Jimmy. I mean, they already know what they have in Brady. They really ought to give Jimmy his chance to shine! You never know, he could even be as good as Brady!

Pumped for the 9ers vs Saints game. Even more pumped to know that 3 out of the next 4 games are in the dome!

Superbowl isn't in a dome. So really there's no point for you guys to make it to the SB. So I recommend you guys beat the 9ers then forfeit the reason of the season, because there's no point when you can't win the end game! But first beat the whiners!

Malalaw

Superbowl isn't in a dome. So really there's no point for you guys to make it to the SB. So I recommend you guys beat the 9ers then forfeit the reason of the season, because there's no point when you can't win the end game! But first beat the whiners!

With the way this league is this year you never know!

cdyhybrid

I've always wanted to eat at Waffle House too :(

But the only places east of Vegas I've ever been are a 45 minute layover at O'Hare and 10 days in NYC.

The Patriots should follow the Texans lead and see what they have in Jimmy. I mean, they already know what they have in Brady. They really ought to give Jimmy his chance to shine! You never know, he could even be as good as Brady!

Don't worry, you'll see enough of Jimmy over the next decade.

andthebeatgoeson

Too focused on one game? He can't even be regular season champion any more.

Which I think is stupid.

It’s not about stats. It’s not about who has the best highlight reel. It’s about who, play to play, have been the best players.

That’s the ethos behind our Midseason All-Pro Team, wanting to give back to the players who have made the first nine weeks of the NFL season enjoyable. Whether you’re a first-year undrafted free agent or a veteran with 10 Pro Bowls on your CV, you’re measured the same.

PFF, plz.

I hope the Week 12 Giants/Cowboys gets flexed out of SNF, they should flex in Lions/Patriots..don't need to see another Giants blow out in prime time..

Respect

Heard on the Micheal Kay show on the drive home that there are some rumors/rumblings of Rex and or Izdick being let go this coming Monday. Jets go on their bye week after this next game against the Steelers so the timing would make sense.

Mornegighghghweigh takes over?

As a pats fan I have no love for the Jets, and as much as I don't like Rex Ryan, I think he's a good coach. I don't think he is the problem. I feel like he could take any 11 random football players and make them a legit defense. His guys seem to always play hard for him, problem is they can't put a consistent offense on the field.

They certainly have never had a great amount of talent on the offensive side of the ball, but I feel like he meddles too much and relies too heavily on the defense (IE don't take any chances and never make a mistake). Can't blame him this year because that offense has been miserable, your defense can't dominate a game when your offense is averaging near 3 turnovers and add in the fact that the defense isn't generating many turnovers and you have no chance.

Respect

Jets V. Dolphins to play in London next year...I don't like these London games much, especially don't like this one as this has divisional implications for whoever is the "home" team. If you are going to play these games they should at least be inter conference as those have the smallest effect on tiebreakers.

Top Bottom