• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 10 |OT| - Fright Night

Again I am not saying Rises was a great movie, I was saying it was good for the 3rd movie in a trilogy (which is true, name me 2 better 3rd movies in a trilogy).

Toy Story 3, Return of the King, Back to the Future III and Last Crusade off the top of my head. (They never made a fourth Indy movie iirc)

But people can disagree and at least you support me in what is most important. Shitting on the Pats!

Amen

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You don't have to. You can just choose to be a bad fan and sleep through it. Best part is if your team wins in a disgustingly ugly fashion you can ignore that part and go around flaunting random plays and the final score.

#RestoreTheFraudulence

I've been preaching the Restoration of the Roar gospel for years now. Just because I misssed one Sunday service does not mean I don't believe.

Sushi will be served fresh at this Sunday's service.

Restore the Roar 2014.

Because Gata knows that when the world ends and they decide to leave for another planet he ain't making the cut to come along.

I am going to regret this later tonight but I picked the Browns in the office pick em. I have a feeling that this pick is based more on what I want to happen than what I think actually will happen. If Green is close to 100% tonight I can't see the Browns winning.
I pick the browns every week, even if I have a bad feeling about games like tonight. Haden is usually pretty good at locking down Green though.

I also pick the bills to lose every week since we have there draft pick, did the same with colts last year. So what do I really know :p

#RestoreTheBrowns2014
#NoMoreBrownWater
#RestoreTheBark

Iron Man 2 better than The Dark Knight Rises?

giphy.gif

That's a new one. I don't think even the most ardent of Nolan haters would ride with you on that one.

bionic77

Toy Story 3, Return of the King, Back to the Future III and Last Crusade off the top of my head. (They never made a fourth Indy movie iirc)

Amen
I never saw TS2 or 3 but everyone seems to agree with you that it is one of the best 3rd movies in a trilogy ever.

I will give you Last Crusade. But that is GOAT for endings in trilogies too (I also am not aware of a 4th Indy movie or a 4th, 5th or 6th SW movie being made).

Return of the King was eh. I liked parts of it but it was similar to Rises. Had a good ending but a little bloated and dying at the end as is almost expected of a trilogy.

Back to the Future 3 was decent. I wouldn't classify it as a great movie. Was not a fan of the setting in the wild wild west. That series definitely peaked with the first movie.

I've been preaching the Restoration of the Roar gospel for years now. Just because I misssed one Sunday service does not mean I don't believe.

Sushi will be served fresh at this Sunday's service.

Restore the Roar 2014.
Missing the game isn't a huge deal. Stuff happens. The problem is when you show up after the fact gloating about a game which quite frankly amounted to your team wanting to lose just a tiny bit less than a garbage-tier opponent. Any rational Lions fan watched that game and came out feeling worse about the team despite the win. But you are not rational so I doubt you would have acted any differently even if you did watch the game.

For the record I have nothing against the Lions. They are a meaningless blip on the radar to me. I just think you are the absolute worst type of fan.

I didn't mind waking up at 9AM to watch the Lions London game. Got to watch the game and then had no excuse not to get some housework done around 1PM, when I'm usually watching football.

Thank god I'm not on the west coast, that would be horrible. 6AM on Sunday? Nope.

I didn't mind waking up at 9AM to watch the Lions London game. Got to watch the game and then had no excuse not to get some housework done around 1PM, when I'm usually watching football.

Thank god I'm not on the west coast, that would be horrible. 6AM on Sunday? Nope.

Well Kas did miss the game I'm just saying

bionic77

Cmon Lion fans!

Waking up early to see your team when they are doing well? I would hope that all of us had done more to see your football team. I remember going to bars full of filthy Pats and Ravens fans and having to order and eat disgusting food to see the Steelers when I lived in DC.

Also the game is 3 hours long. Even if you can't get up at 6 is it too hard to get up at 7 or 8 to catch the last hour or two?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Any rational Lions fan watched that game and came out feeling worse about the team despite the win.

I didn't. I took it as a comeback win where the past Lions would've given up but our team stayed calm, cool and collected and won the game. We did it without plenty of key starters and went into our bye week at 6-2, 2nd place in the NFC.

Why the hell would I feel worse?

For the record I have nothing against the Lions. They are a meaningless blip on the radar to me. I just think you are the absolute worst type of fan.

I honestly find it hilarious I get you so butthurt. This is NFLGAF dude, seems I got under your skin for whatever reason. Everyone here and IRL knows how hardcore of a Lions fan I am. I was rocking a Charlie Batch jersey in middle school.

If someone on the Internet gets you that mad about football you need to get some help.

Stay mad and salty though. The tears are delicious.

I didn't. I took it as a comeback win where the past Lions would've given up but our team stayed calm, cool and collected and won the game. We did it without plenty of key starters and went into our bye week at 6-2, 2nd place in the NFC.

Why the hell would I feel worse?

You are not rational, nor did you watch the game (because you're not a real fan) so his statement clearly doesn't apply to you.

These London games really piss me off. It's the epitome of greed by Goodell and the owners. The "home" team is getting fucked over with no home field advantage and having to adjust to the timezone when they should be comfortable in their town. It airs at a ridiculous hour if you're on the West Coast, this in the country that the sport is from and belongs to. You risk losing interest of fans in the states for minimal gains of interest elsewhere (obviously discounting die hards like us) it's like Microsoft fucking over people in the states to try and gain interest in Japan. Thank god the Cards don't play there next season, I was worried we would because I owner foolishly said he wouldn't mind playing there but not as the home team.

I too can't wait to see Interstellar but I must see it at IMAX and I don't have one in the town I live. I'll have to see if I can get friends to go out of town but if not, I'll see it next weekend in Phoenix when I go up to watch the Cards destroy the Lions. Also, saying DKR is a terrible movie is the only thing crazy about the movie discussion going on. I think people just get irritated how popular some movies are and then blast hyperbole and convince themselves it's the worst thing ever. I'll give props on his choices of other top third movies in trilogies though. Toy Story 3 is so so good and the LOTR I consider as one movie but is my favorite of all time and doubt that will ever change. The Last Crusade is amazing but sorry, the Crystal Skull exists, even if it's just at the bottom of some 8.99 Walmart bin ;)

eznark

Banned
Interstellar by Nolan da God

Okay the second best movie of all time

Ah, I thought that came out last week. I thought it looked cool until I saw it was a Nolan turd. Since I liked the trailer before knowing that though, maybe I'll like this one. Maybe he won't make all of his actors be soulless, dead-eyed automatons for once.

lol yeah right

You didn't watch the game, he was clearly not talking to you.

ShaneB

Chiefs "home" game in London eh? Bleh.

On the topic of Interstellar, just seems like something that'll be impossible to skip spoilers on, so maybe I'll see it Saturday morning.

Guess I'll be waiting to see Nightcrawler =(

Not yet. But my ps4 does this wierd thing when it won't power fully on in sleep mode, and the control bar will stay white. So I have to end up unplugging it, pretty sure I'm slowly killing my ps4
Same here, I can't use rest mode at all. I have done it three times and every time I have to hold the power button for 15 seconds to give it a hard reboot. Junk is scary!

Speaking of PS4, I'm actually thinking about picking up CoD for the first time since Black Ops. It just looks fun, what can I say. Any opinions, bros?

eznark

Banned
Same here, I can't use rest mode at all. I have done it three times and every time I have to hold the power button for 15 seconds to give it a hard reboot. Junk is scary!

Speaking of PS4, I'm actually thinking about picking up CoD for the first time since Black Ops. It just looks fun, what can I say. Any opinions, bros?

Did you get the 2.01 update? It was supposed to solve that problem.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
PITBAL2_9_zps8280be91.jpg

That 3rd and 382 should have resulted in 6 points.
It resulted in a sack. :(

e - Bleh. Won't let me hotlink. Imagine a wide open Antonio Brown running down the field while Ben is about to get hit.

Pro

Return of the King and Last Crusade most def. I'd still say the original Toy Story and Back to the Future are the best of those.

SP looks like textbook COD. Big set-pieces, cringeworthy jingoism, decent story to serve as a backdrop between sequences of gunning down lines of enemies (looks like they chose NK to be the boogeyman this time) per the usual.

MP looks really interesting just from Twitch streams I've seen. It's undeniably COD, but the new double jump and quick sliding adds an element of verticality and a slickness to the experience. It almost looks Halo-esque at times.

Did you get the 2.01 update? It was supposed to solve that problem.

Yeah that happened with the 2.0 update. The new update fixes that.
Ok cool thanks, I was afraid I was the only one having the problem.

Yeah first cod I've bought in awhile, haven't had a chance to play a ton. But multi is pretty fun so far, boost jump feature is cool. I can see myself playing a lot of it right now. Or at least my go to multi for right now

SP looks like textbook COD. Big set-pieces, cringeworthy jingoism, decent story to serve as a backdrop between sequences of gunning down lines of enemies (looks like they chose NK to be the boogeyman this time) per the usual.

MP looks really interesting just from Twitch streams I've seen. It's undeniably COD, but the new double jump and quick sliding adds an element of verticality to the experience. It almost looks Halo-esque at times.
Yeah, it's not my preferred MP shooter but I do enjoy the series for what it is, or at least I used to. It seems like this one is a big step up from Ghosts and I like the future tech slant on things.

CoD is what it is, mindless bombastic fun. It'll never be as fun as something like BF or TLoU MP to me but it can still be enjoyable.

I need a good MP shooter to play and I don't really want to go back to anything. I got my fill of Destiny and there is really nothing else coming the rest of the year. Far Cry 4 will be fun but that series has never been about good MP.

Go Bengals!

I want the sadness and failure to continue evermore from Cleveland. I am a bad person, and it brings great joy to watch the continuous Cleveland sufferings.

Top Bottom