• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 10 |OT| - Fright Night

bionic77

oqRsNJs.gif

Share with the class.
I was just about to say this.

What a greedy bastard.

And Ohio has clean air? News to me. The air in northern Ohio was kind of shitty as I remember it. And disgusting near parts of Cleveland.

What a greedy bastard.

And Ohio has clean air? News to me. The air in northern Ohio was kind of shitty as I remember it. And disgusting near parts of Cleveland.

That ranking list as linked is saying Ohio has one of the worst

LevelNth

Banned
Peterson has pleaded down to a misdemeanor and on Twitter there are reports his legal team already consulted with the NFL if that is an acceptable charge to facilitate a return this season, and the NFL agreed (obviously).

All of this occurring during the Vikes bye week. Interesting.

brentech

What a greedy bastard.

See the last few posts.

I think Cleveland and Cincy really drag Ohio down.

Tenumi

Banned
Can't wait till tomorrow cause then all these political bashing ads are done

Agreed so very, very much. Feels like no other commercials are airing around here.

Eh... I'll predict for this week because I'm bored enough to.

CLE @ CIN

KC @ BUF
MIA @ DET
DAL @ JAC
SF @ NO
TEN @ BAL
PIT @ NYJ
ATL @ TB
DEN @ OAK
STL @ ARI
NYG @ SEA

CHI @ GB

CAR @ PHI

It's funny because a lot of Californians probably think you would die instantly when you enter coal mining states like Kentucky and WVA. Surprisingly there are still mountains there that aren't destroyed as well!

/mining engineer

What a depressing night. I finished watching the game this morning after cutting out in the third quarter.

Odell Beckham is going to be a heck of a weapon for us in the coming years. He's got speed and he's already a pretty polished route runner. He's only played in 3 games and he's more consistent and dependable than two years of Reuben Randle.

Eli simply got almost no help last night. I counted something like 7 drops before the half? Ridiculous. The offensive line has now lost Weston Richburg and despite that the protection was pretty solid against a team that really doesn't have much of a pass rush. Hopefully Geoff Schwartz can make it back in the next week or two. Next year I really hope we put Richburg in his natural position at center and move on from JD Walton. He's been average at best. Run blocking has been terrible though.

Defensively, I don't know what to say. It's an avalanche of injuries and poor play. The secondary is completely decimated and while our defensive tackles are a strength, we need a massive infusion of talent at the defensive end position. It's time for Kiwi to be sat and for guys like Moore and Ayers to get more play time. Ayers in particular played an amazing game last night and he's been damn good all season for us up until this point with very limited snaps. That has to change!

Realistically? This isn't a team that can weather the type of injuries we have. The depth isn't there. 6 wins is about where I see this team as I mentioned before. No way in hell we beat Seattle next week. It's almost calming going into a game I know we can't win yet at the same time disappointing to see how non-competitive this team has become.

bionic77

Peterson has pleaded down to a misdemeanor and on Twitter there are reports his legal team already consulted with the NFL if that is an acceptable charge to facilitate a return this season, and the NFL agreed (obviously).

Peterson is on my fantasy team.

So the NFL made the right decision!

eznark

Banned

NFL to players: If you want to beat your kid bloody and cut up his scrotum make sure you do it in Texas.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What a depressing night. I finished watching the game this morning after cutting out in the third quarter.

Odell Beckham is going to be a heck of a weapon for us in the coming years. He's got speed and he's already a pretty polished route runner. He's only played in 3 games and he's more consistent and dependable than two years of Reuben Randle.

Eli simply got almost no help last night. I counted something like 7 drops before the half? Ridiculous. The offensive line has now lost Weston Richburg and despite that the protection was pretty solid against a team that really doesn't have much of a pass rush. Hopefully Geoff Schwartz can make it back in the next week or two. Next year I really hope we put Richburg in his natural position at center and move on from JD Walton. He's been average at best. Run blocking has been terrible though.

Defensively, I don't know what to say. It's an avalanche of injuries and poor play. The secondary is completely decimated and while our defensive tackles are a strength, we need a massive infusion of talent at the defensive end position. It's time for Kiwi to be sat and for guys like Moore and Ayers to get more play time. Ayers in particular played an amazing game last night and he's been damn good all season for us up until this point with very limited snaps. That has to change!

Realistically? This isn't a team that can weather the type of injuries we have. The depth isn't there. 6 wins is about where I see this team as I mentioned before. No way in hell we beat Seattle next week. It's almost calming going into a game I know we can't win yet at the same time disappointing to see how non-competitive this team has become.

The one bright spot is that statistically, Eli is playing far, far better than last season.

How many seasons do you think he has left though?

Can you imagine the amount of booing he'll get should he walk onto a field anytime soon? It'll be comical at least.

The Jeff George Memorial Least for Week 9 is Philip Rivers, who had the distinction of being the fifth-highest rated passer in the Chargers-Dolphins game on Sunday.

Read more: http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2014/11/meast-and-least-for-week-9-2.html#ixzz3I78QcBfl
This game should be preserved as a work of art. One of the most dominant pro football games I've ever watched.

That said, I think Miami loses to Detroit in a slopfest this weekend. Offense probably scores less than 20.

Zeke

Beautiful op Big AT. I laughed more than I should have at "there's no escape from camp 8-8" also :jnc jest
So Peterson is gonna plead guilty to a class a misdemeanor in abuse case. You think he plays this season?

Zeke

Wait so does AP actually have a chance at playing? That's crazy.
Sounds like it's up to the vikes. It's plea deal he's agreeing to. The article also says he would be on probation and his lawyers have been in "constant" contact with the league. He's been getting paid 700,000 a week, I can't fathom getting paid that much for sitting on my ass all day.

bionic77

Rex coached defenses always play the Steelers hard. I'd be really surprised.
Their stats for the year are insanely bad.

Not sure what is going on with that team other than its a fucking dumpster fire.

Going to fun watching Vick embarrass our defense when he gets in the open field.

The one bright spot is that statistically, Eli is playing far, far better than last season.

How many seasons do you think he has left though?
He'll be 34 in January. With the way the game is moving at the moment I don't see why the Giants can't get another 3-4 years out of him. 159 consecutive starts tells me there's no reason to think he can't remain healthy. It's not time to move on, IMO and I hope Mara and company feel the same. Statistically and considering what he has around him - you're absolutely right. He's having a pretty strong season and I think this offense can flourish with him at the helm but we have to continue to address the offensive line. It remains my biggest point of contention. Weapons would help, too. We're a far from the Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham days.

FV, do you think there's an end in sight to the Giants' struggles? Does there seem to be a plan?
Yeah, there's a plan. It's a team with an aging Super Bowl winning QB trying to their hardest to build a team around him while they still have an opportunity to get what they can out of him. This is the first year of a rebuild/restock. This is an entirely new offense with a roster that's nearly 40% turned over from 2013. As a fan, you gotta have patience.

The Steelers and Giants aren't all that different in terms of where we are as a team. You guys are further along in the process and look to be somewhat turning the corner at the moment.

Watching Brent Grimes this season has made me appreciate Jordy Nelson even more. He's really the only guy Grimes has struggled with. Elite athleticism and route running.

Their stats for the year are insanely bad.

Not sure what is going on with that team other than its a fucking dumpster fire.

Going to fun watching Vick embarrass our defense when he gets in the open field.

They are, but the Steelers play down to bad teams.

I'm sure Vick will be good for at least a couple of fumbles though.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Yeah, there's a plan. It's a team with an aging Super Bowl winning QB trying to their hardest to build a team around him while they still have an opportunity to get what they can out of him. This is the first year of a rebuild/restock. This is an entirely new offense with a roster that's nearly 40% turned over from 2013. As a fan, you gotta have patience.

The Steelers and Giants aren't all that different in terms of where we are as a team. You guys are further along in the process and look to be somewhat turning the corner at the moment.

Well, at least you guys seem a lot more patient than all of the spoiled Steeler fans. I love ODB and still wish you guys had let him fall to Pittsburgh. Oh well, I'll console myself with Martavis Bryant.

bionic77

Well, at least you guys seem a lot more patient than all of the spoiled Steeler fans. I love ODB and still wish you guys had let him fall to Pittsburgh. Oh well, I'll console myself with Martavis Bryant.
We are another year away on defense.

We might be really good next year if everyone stays healthy and we get a few breaks.

LevelNth

Banned
Sounds like it's up to the vikes. It's plea deal he's agreeing to. The article also says he would be on probation and his lawyers have been in "constant" contact with the league. He's been getting paid 700,000 a week, I can't fathom getting paid that much for sitting on my ass all day.
There's pretty much zero reason for them to have considered this plea while not at the same time discussing it with both the league and the Vikes, so them accepting it certainly seems to indicate his chances of playing are very high.

With this being the Vikes bye week, it's definitely by no means guaranteed, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him play in a couple weeks in Week 11.

Yup, I called this weeks ago:

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Peterson will plead no contest to one count of misdemeanor reckless assault. The plea will not include reference to family violence or violence against a minor

CLE @ CIN

KC @ BUF
MIA @ DET - Can't play like shit for 50-75% of games and expect to beat good teams
DAL @ JAC
SF @ NO - Harbaugh to Michigan
TEN @ BAL
PIT @ NYJ
ATL @ TB
DEN @ OAK
STL @ ARI
NYG @ SEA

I think Tannehill is going to really burn us; this will be a game where Tulluch's absence really hurts, as the read option tricks our LBs. Levy will be fine but I'm concerned about Whitehead.

The good news is that Miami will be missing a couple defensive players while we'll be getting back Megatron, Bush, and possibly a TE or two. The bad news is that I'm not sold on this offense keeping up with Miami. The current Lions spin is that everything will be fine once our guys come back...but we had our guys against Carolina (minus Greg Hardy) and could only score 7 points.

I fear Stafford will just chuck it to Megatron all day, once again ignoring Golden Tate and other open receivers.

30-17

Giants fans are just as impatient, unfortunately. They want Reese and Coughlin gone, etc. I think we need to make some changes. I don't know that Perry Fewell is the right guy at defensive coordinator. I know Tom Quinn needs to fired immediately. Years of special teams ineptitude cannot be forgiven or brushed aside. Maybe if in the next season or two the team hasn't made any progress its time to think about moving on and blowing the whole thing up but Tom Coughlin deserves the benefit of the doubt. He deserves the opportunity to build this team back up and its gotta be more than one season. I trust the Giants brass to not be impatient.

brentech

For Staffords own sake, I hope he learned he can get the ball to more than one target. If he really does target CJ on more than 50% of his throws, there is no hope for that guy.

Striker

They need to revamp the entire defense save for Prince, DRC, Hankins, and arguably JPP. I think resigning Prince to a long term deal will be easier. So much mediocrity and injuries aren't helping (Beason, Thurmond). I think without question that's been the unit that has been, by far, the most underwhelming this year. They were suppose to be at the very least as good as last year, but losing Will Hill obviously has hurt them more they thought. Ugh.

Offense still needs to look for a speed back to complement Jennings and Williams. Probably another starting caliber WR to help out Beckham, and hope that Cruz can rebound. Donnell is okay, but they can upgrade if they see someone they really like.

Agree with Future about Richburg. Put him at Center and look at the draft for a young OG. Can't rely on the John Jerry and J.D. Walton's of the league.

Giants fans are just as impatient, unfortunately. They want Reese and Coughlin gone, etc. I think we need to make some changes. I don't know that Perry Fewell is the right guy at defensive coordinator. I know Tom Quinn needs to fired immediately. Years of special teams ineptitude cannot be forgiven or brushed aside. Maybe if in the next season or two the team hasn't made any progress its time to think about moving on and blowing the whole thing up but Tom Coughlin deserves the benefit of the doubt. He deserves the opportunity to build this team back up and its gotta be more than one season. I trust the Giants brass to not be impatient.

Perry and Tom Quinn gotta go our ST has been putrid to average for a long time now, now if the owners fire Tom i think it's time for a defensive minded head coach, get someone that can bring a good defense in and Eli playing for another 3-4 years this team could win one more SB before Eli retires..

How long do you think Coughlin is gonna stick around? He's not young anymore and it may take a couple years for this team to be rebuilt. Do you think he'll bother?

How long do you think Coughlin is gonna stick around? He's not young anymore and it may take a couple years for this team to be rebuilt. Do you think he'll bother?
He has no intention of retiring and doesn't appear to be slowing down. I don't see why he won't if he's allowed to and he loves the organization.

Tom Coughlin is an Andy Reid like situation to me. If he is let go, he'll be unemployed for less than 24 hours if he wants to continue coaching.

WorldStar

Banned
Won some serious $$$$ on colts game last night

Can't believe it was a three point spread

On a separate note: Vegas is fucking lame on a Monday night in November

Syrinx

New Nintendo Direct tomorrow. Give me dat final push, Nintendo.

And lol at chumps voting today.
I voted early.

xnipx

Why shouldn't Peterson play this year? Should he be kicked out of the league for
stupidly
believing that physical punishment is the only way to discipline your child?

Top Bottom