• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 10 |OT| - Fright Night

rando14

CBS Sports ‏@CBSSports
The @Browns won more than a game tonight. They won Ohio. #TNF

B10AuenCcAArm-R.jpg

!! :')

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ngals-jeremy-hill-browns-worse-than-i-thought

Despite the Cleveland Browns trouncing the Cincinnati Bengals in their own home 24-3 -- a loss A.J. Green termed "very embarrassing" -- rookie running back Jeremy Hill was unimpressed with the now-AFC North leading Browns.

"Oh no, not at all. They're probably worse than I thought, to be honest with you," Hill said, per ESPN.com's Coley Harvey. "They didn't do anything special to me. I mean, respect to them, they won the game. But that's all I'll give them."

Hill got one thing very right: The Browns won the game. They also held him to 55 yards rushing, caused him to fumble, forced three interceptions and held Cincy to fewer than 200 yards of total offense. Simply, the Browns outplayed, outcoached and outworked the Bengals in every facet of the football game Thursday night.

The Cincinnati Bengals.

Browns are going to win the division but they are better off losing. They are going to back themselves into a corner with a Manziel Hoyer controversy. It should be fun to watch.
*blacksout

I don't think we're backimg ourselves into any corner. Aren't we achieving what the jags set out to do at the beginning of the season? Have a vet qb play well enough that our rookie high pick can sit and learn for a year? The only ppl clamoring for Manziel are the big media outlets because he was the most popular name in the draft. We have him for 4-5 years, he's not going anywhere. If we would have drafted teddy, Bortles , or Carr I bet no one would be saying, hey trade your first rd qb. I want to resign Hoyer for a reasonable price, but If a team wants to give him 100 million go for it. Not even sure he would be the qb in abother battle with Manziel, Hoyers best trait is that he has the mental game down over a rookie right now. We're winning games but it's not like he's playing at some amazing level right now. His number are really benefiting from the play action game

*regains consciousness

LevelNth

Banned
This is incredible:
“That’s news to me [people criticizing my offensive playcalling],” Roman said, via ESPN.com. “I really don’t pay attention to that. All the fans I come across are very gracious and very classy. I really can’t concern myself with the flak that might fly around, good or bad. I don’t think any of us do. Everything that we concern ourselves with is with each other inside the building because, regardless of what happened the prior week, good, bad … you’re just trying to get better and get prepared for the next week to win the next game.”

Criticism from fans and media are a routine part of life for teams across the league and you wouldn’t expect coaches to pay much attention to those complaints. It’s a bit different when longtime members of the starting lineup are airing their grievances and it’s harder to believe that Roman wouldn’t be aware of that kind of discontent among the players he works with every day.
4 straight years of horrid red zone offense and little to no adjustments made in-game, across a variety of players and two different QBs. 4 straight years of getting plays in late, frequently getting too cute and forcing certain play types.

It's so unfortunate that Harbaugh's commitment to Roman is so strong, because it's likely going to mean we have to lose him too to rid ourselves of Roman.

squicken

If I am a Cincy player and I look at that tape, the defense played well for the most part. They simply were on the field too much and had to face several short fields because of turnovers. Anyone on offense has to think that Dalton completely sabotaged the entire thing. I mean I hate the "we lost they didn't win" but I imagine a lot of Bengals feel they beat the man across from them

The only people that give a shit that Manziel isn't playing are sportswriters who don't have shit else to complain about.

I care :(

If I am a Cincy player and I look at that tape, the defense played well for the most part. They simply were on the field too much and had to face several short fields because of turnovers. Anyone on offense has to think that Dalton completely sabotaged the entire thing. I mean I hate the "we lost they didn't win" but I imagine a lot of Bengals feel they beat the man across from them

Yeah, I think the secret is out on Andy Dalton.

Based on the law of averages in Cleveland the Browns are winning because the Cavs are losing. Cavs probably won't win another game now. That or forsure Browns will lose against the Texans, and the Cavs win.

It's kinda like alchemy, something of equal equivalence has to be given up.
Kave don't even wanna live there!
He dosent want to be trapped...

This is incredible:

4 straight years of horrid red zone offense and little to no adjustments made in-game, across a variety of players and two different QBs. 4 straight years of getting plays in late, frequently getting too cute and forcing certain play types.

It's so unfortunate that Harbaugh's commitment to Roman is so strong, because it's likely going to mean we have to lose him too to rid ourselves of Roman.

Everybody close to the organization with an opinion on Harbaugh agrees he's gone, so you'll get your wish it seems.

zychi

Banned
Based on the law of averages in Cleveland the Browns are winning because the Cavs are losing. Cavs probably won't win another game now. That or forsure Browns will lose against the Texans, and the Cavs win.

It's kinda like alchemy, something of equal equivalence has to be given up.

He dosent want to be trapped...
That means lebron will retire from the nba and join another winning team? "I have decided to take my talents....across the street."

Fox318

I'd be ok with letting Rex be the gm.

Woody hires money guys anyway and he runs his football team like a failed political campaign.

jakncoke

Banned
Man its weird seeing filthy brownies up here with us. Also as much lol Dalton rating is its equally lol that Campbell only managed 7 yards on 3 completions

bionic77

Wish I had a XB1 cause I'm an Xboner that has never played any Halo games beyond 2.
I have a PS4 that I don't play but I kind of wish that I had a WiiU that also would not play.

U seems to have the best lineup of single player games currently. To the point where it is not even close. Hopefully the PS4 can come out strong in 2015 with some amazing games that I also won't play but am interested in.

I've only played a few hours of Advanced Warfare so far but I kind of regret buying it already. The new changes are fine and fairly well thought out but I just find the core design fundamentals of the series to be so off-putting (only talking about MP here).

CoD is a series that downplays the significance of situational awareness to the point of uselessness. There is no point in trying to figure out where your enemy is coming from because they are always spawning behind you or beside you, so your best course of action is to run around like a headless chicken and rely almost entirely on your twitch reflexes. Turn your brain off and enter the meat-grinder, essentially. Combine that with the insanely short matches and low time to death and it adds up to a very unsatisfying package in comparison to stuff like BF4, TLoU, and even Destiny.

I should have known, I've played enough CoD to know what the series is. I'll keep playing it for at least another week or two but unless I find a mode or two I really enjoy I don't think I'll be playing it for very long.

We were all talking about its always sunny the other say, didn't realize that some of the cast members are actually married to each other, or in relationships.

Top Bottom