• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 10 |OT| - Fright Night

Woke up feeling like this:

1243936432_otter.gif

nateeasy

Banned
Fire Marvin. Fire Hue Jackson. Bench Dalton. 7-8-1 here we come. The worst offense I have ever seen. I'll never know how they managed to beat the Ravens.

gutshot

Andy Dalton signed an extension in the summer didn't he?

Hahaha.

He's got to be the worst "franchise" QB in the league if we define franchise QB as someone the team has committed to in a big way financially. Right?

I'd probably rank them like this.

1. Andy Dalton
2. Alex Smith
3. Joe Flacco
4. Matthew Stafford
5. Jay Cutler

Nakazato

I've had the realization last night the the ravens are going to be 7-9

I think its time to reevaluate Ozzie's job security. You know we need CBs you know we know WR but you didn't draft one of them.

Redeem yourself wr and CBS 4 out the 6 rounds of the draft

Or let Eric take over

BPA is only good when you have prices in place

And so help me god if Torrey gets a 40 million dollar contract I'm going to fucking lose it. 4 years 17 seems like the best. Since he has played like complete shit this year. Go routes are going to help.

I've had the realization last night the the ravens are going to be 7-9

I think its time to reevaluate Ozzie's job security. You know we need CBs you know we know WR but you didn't draft one of them.

Redeem yourself wr and CBS 4 out the 6 rounds of the draft

Or let Eric take over

BPA is only good when you have prices in place

And so help me god if Torrey gets a 40 million dollar contract I'm going to fucking lose it. 4 years 17 seems like the best. Since he has played like complete shit this year. Go routes are going to help.

Ozzie won a Super Bowl 2 years ago. Get off the ledge.

With that said, I was starting to think the guy had the Midas touch. Managed to roll over an aging defense into a top 10 squad with no drop off? No organization in the league has done that successfully.

Finally though, FINALLY, we're starting to see cracks in the Rats veneer.

He's got to be the worst "franchise" QB in the league if we define franchise QB as someone the team has committed to in a big way financially. Right?

1. Andy Dalton
2. Alex Smith
3. Joe Flacco
4. Matthew Stafford
5. Jay Cutler

You're being generous to Cutler there, I think.

1. Andy Dalton
2. Alex Smith
3. Joe Flacco
4. Matthew Stafford
5. Jay Cutler

Cutler has better WR than those guys and plays just as bad if not worst, i would rank him 1..

Tom Penny

1. Andy Dalton
2. Alex Smith
3. Joe Flacco
4. Matthew Stafford
5. Jay Cutler

Alex Smith and Dalton's contracts aren't in the same ballpark financially...

dalton-qbpay-640x303.jpg

Fire Marvin. Fire Hue Jackson. Bench Dalton. 7-8-1 here we come. The worst offense I have ever seen. I'll never know how they managed to beat the Ravens.
They were dumb and tried to pass far too much. Had they used the run game the entire game they probably would have won.

Striker

Ozzie won a Super Bowl 2 years ago. Get off the ledge.

With that said, I was starting to think the guy had the Midas touch. Managed to roll over an aging defense into a top 10 squad with no drop off? No organization in the league has done that successfully.

Finally though, FINALLY, we're starting to see cracks in the Rats veneer.
Giants won a title three years ago, but I don't think many Giant fans give the Giants GM a pass. Jerry Reese (and Marc Ross) and have this roster is shambles with little depth and lack of serious playmakers. He's shown he doesn't want to draft any pure 4-3 LB's in the early rounds, so they've been stuck with the likes of late rounders, Chase Blackburn off the couch, and trading a 7th rd. pick for an oft-injured Jon Beason. Then every so often signing mediocre FA's or trading for OLB's, like Danny Clark, Jameel McClain, Keith Rivers, and Michael Boley. And since Shockey, he's been giving Eli a revolving door of TE's, mostly consisting of late rd picks or UFA's.

The current Giants team is not good. Not entirely his fault, but he's easily most to blame. The injuries at CB are always happening, so even if he signs a dozen corners, they always seem to get taken out one way or another (they started the season with DRC, Prince, Thurmond, McBride, and Bowman; DRC and Bowman are walking wounded, the other three are on IR). Bad injuries to early picks like Terrell Thomas, Steve Smith, David Wilson, and Kenny Phillips have really stung. But most of all, it's the lack of 'hits' in the mid rounds that have stunk and are a huge reason why this roster is in trouble.

Both TC and Eli deserve to stay, but I think if they finish 5-11 or 6-10, the pressure is going to be pushing hard on TC. Eli's contract will be needed to addess, but they have major holes in several areas and they'll need to situate that accordingly. The past five or so drafts have been awful.

Giants won a title three years ago, but I don't think many Giant fans give the Giants GM a pass.
I don't deflect blame from Reese. He certainly deserves some of it but I'm not yelling from the rafters for him to be fired either. I think that's silly. Any Giants fan that think he's going to get dumped are borderline drunk, IMO.

It's not an easy thing to turnover an aging roster and restock on the fly. This years draft looks like it may be one of his best if these guys continue to develop at their current pace. Williams is young but has flashed some hard nose running, ODB looks great, Kennard is getting regular snaps and working his way into the defense, Jay Bromley is stuck in numbers game but has played well when on the field and Berhe is solid on special teams and will likely work his way into a safety spot down the line along with Cooper if he could stay healthy.

. Then every so often signing mediocre FA's or trading for OLB's, like Danny Clark, Jameel McClain, Keith Rivers, and Michael Boley. And since Shockey, he's been giving Eli a revolving door of TE's, mostly consisting of late rd picks or UFA's.
To be fair, Boley anchored a defense that won the Super Bowl and was probably the best backer we had until age caught up with him and the revolving door of tight ends were always productive. They were never Jimmy Graham or Gronkowski types but they continually provided the same contribution as the guy who left from the previous year which is a testament to the coaching. That said, we should have signed Marty B long term. The cap issues and timing of his departure made it difficult but he could have been "the man" at the tight end position for us for years to come had we not let him go to Chicago.

Both TC and Eli deserve to stay, but I think if they finish 5-11 or 6-10, the pressure is going to be pushing hard on TC. Eli's contract will be needed to addess.
The one positive about this season is that Eli has shown he can work in this offense and is still capable of playing at a high level. He needs a better team around him but resigning him should be an easy decision at the end of the year.

DMczaf

Greg Auman @gregauman · 1m 1 minute ago

Bucs' Gerald McCoy, asked about Josh McCown stepping in at QB on Sunday: "I play defense."

Regretting that 6 year contract yet, McCoy?! Mwaahahahaha YOU'RE WITH US FOREVER!

Tom Penny

Browns are going to win the division but they are better off losing. They are going to back themselves into a corner with a Manziel Hoyer controversy. It should be fun to watch.

I've been saying all season no team in this division is getting a playoff win, no matter who goes. Not my fault nobody believes me and everyone is constantly surprised by each team getting embarrassed on national TV at least once thus far (and it's only week 10!)
Except what happens if the Browns and Steelers meet in the first week of the playoffs? What then? Someone wins.

I agree the Steelers can't win in Denver and they can't beat Brady anywhere

Except what happens if the Browns and Steelers meet in the first week of the playoffs? What then? Someone wins.

I agree the Steelers can't win in Denver and they can't beat Brady anywhere
Never say never! The Steelers deserve to be recognized for what they're doing, particularly on offense. I don't think it's crazy to imagine this team competing with NE or Denver. Ben knows what the big stage is like.

Football is crazy.

Never say never! The Steelers deserve to be recognized for what they're doing, particularly on offense. I don't think it's crazy to imagine this team competing with NE or Denver. Ben knows what the big stage is like.

Football is crazy.

I don't like the idea of the Steelers riding the offense into the playoffs. I've seen enough high powered offenses getting flipped on their ear in the first round to know you need a good defense to help lift you up.

I don't like the idea of the Steelers riding the offense into the playoffs. I've seen enough high powered offenses getting flipped on their ear in the first round to know you need a good defense to help lift you up.
No doubt. Look at the Colts/Pats playoff game from last year, or of course the SB. Still, the Steelers should be in the discussion for best team in the AFC right now, in my opinion. I wouldn't say they are better than NE or Denver right now but I think they could hold their own against either.

LevelNth

Banned
I thought Cam's performance the previous Thursday night was poor, but wow, Dalton just set the new bar.

Both huge divisional matchups at home, and both QB's fail to show up at all.

Top Bottom