• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 10 |OT| - Fright Night

MechDX

This should help us all calm down.
tumblr_mjaqag5Y2Y1qh7hnuo1_r2_400.gif

Johnny?

After last night's game, I went to sleep and had a dream. A vision, some might say, about the Cleveland Browns. I saw more continued and surprising success for this season behind the solid quarterback play of hometown Brian Hoyer.

Much of the country was pleased to watch the Browns win an abundantly mediocre AFC North, and then beat the Steelers in the first round playoff match up. Eventually, they fall to a superior Broncos team in the following playoff game, but that meant nothing. Football success was back and Cleveland, optimism was peaking, and the city was in love with the Browns.

Off season comes, and a difficult decision has to be made. Re-sign the quarterback who led the Browns back to success, or hand over the team to the hype monster Johnny Manziel? In the end, they let hometown hero Hoyer walk, after coaching and management minimize his role during the turnaround year.

It doesn't take long for them to realize their mistake, as Johnny Manziel looks like a combination of Tim Tebow and Jimmy Clausen on the field, and his inability to hold on to the football earns him the name "Johnny Fumble". Then comes the first of many off-field incidents. The Browns spiral downwards faster than Johnny Fumble on a bender, and the Browns don't sniff the playoffs the next year, nor .500. And it continues that way for year to come.

Meanwhile on the other side of Lake Erie, Brian Hoyer has found a new home quarterbacking the Bills. It turns out, a lot of that Cleveland turnaround was due to Hoyer. He experiences a Drew Brees-esque jump when he moves on to the Bills, who become the class of the AFC, winning several Superbowls. Eventually, a statue is erected in honor of Hoyer, who finally brings the championship to Buffalo.

Cleveland dubs the entire event.....

"The Mistake"

After last night's game, I went to sleep and had a dream. A vision, some might say, about the Cleveland Browns. I saw more continued and surprising success for this season behind the solid quarterback play of hometown Brian Hoyer.

Much of the country was pleased to watch the Browns win an abundantly mediocre AFC North, and then beat the Steelers in the first round playoff match up. Eventually, they fall to a superior Broncos team in the following playoff game, but that meant nothing. Football success was back and Cleveland, optimism was peaking, and the city was in love with the Browns.

Off season comes, and a difficult decision has to be made. Re-sign the quarterback who led the Browns back to success, or hand over the team to the hype monster Johnny Manziel? In the end, they let hometown hero Hoyer walk, after coaching and management minimize his role during the turnaround year.

It doesn't take long for them to realize their mistake, as Johnny Manziel looks like a combination of Tim Tebow and Jimmy Clausen on the field, and his inability to hold on to the football earns him the name "Johnny Fumble". Then comes the first of many off-field incidents. The Browns spiral downwards faster than Johnny Fumble on a bender, and the Browns don't sniff the playoffs the next year, nor .500. And it continues that way for year to come.

Meanwhile on the other side of Lake Erie, Brian Hoyer has found a new home quarterbacking the Bills. It turns out, a lot of that Cleveland turnaround was due to Hoyer. He experiences a Drew Brees-esque jump when he moves on to the Bills, who become the class of the AFC, winning several Superbowls. Eventually, a statue is erected in honor of Hoyer, who finally brings the championship to Buffalo.

"The Mistake"
Saving this post.

Such prophet.

Much Larry.

rando14

"The Mistake"

gmQKNVZ.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Brady Bowl I: Mallett vs. Hoyer

Brought to you by Bionic: "I have always, deep down, loved Tom!"

Thug post.

"The Mistake"

Well that would be so Cleveland.

So Shane let EZ get to him. Wow.

Letting ez (or anyone here) get to you is a rookie mistake.

Yet some of you guys still catch feelings and it's frankly hilarious.

MechDX

Who the hell came up with the "Brady Bowl" name?

*pukes
My first choice was "Mallett makes the Browns his bitch bowl" but It was a tad long so we chose this to honor the greatest QB of this generation.

Manning Bowl I : Osweiler vs Painter is coming soon

Thug post.

Well that would be so Cleveland.

Letting ez (or anyone here) get to you is a rookie mistake.

Yet some of you guys still catch feelings and it's frankly hilarious.
Yeah I've learned over the years I travel Internet forums (which has only been this site and GameFAQS) you just gotta sit back and laugh. Too many Internet tough guys out there. Not to mention a lot of loopy opinions out there as well.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Blarry I see you.

We'll see what happens though still a lot of games left. Browns gave me the 6 wins I always wanted to see. Here's hoping the wins continue.

Just curious for all you ppl saying so and so team should try and acquire Manziel.

What do you think it would cost? Just out of curiosity

effzee

That is the one team in the NFL where I feel there's a chance he could succeed and even thrive. Anywhere else, BUST.

I know Chip would rather have Mariota but he will be in the top 10 and Eagles will have to give up a lot to move up.

Johnny they could maybe get for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Of course this is assuming they stay the course and make the playoffs. Sanchez could end up playing worse than Foles and they might miss the playoffs.

Johnny they could maybe get for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

This is what I was waiting for.

Yup Browns gave up a 1st and 3rd for Manziel. Other teams can obviously just acquire him for a 2nd! Because Hoyer can play at a good level for a few games.

Trying to trade for manziel would be the same cost of trading from the bottom of the draft to the top for a qb if not more. A 1st and multiple high draft picks if not multiple first. Nothing less makes sense. But again he won't be traded, it's a pipe dream.

A conditional pick in the 4th-6th round range
The war is back on!

rando14

This is what I was waiting for.

Yup Browns gave up a 1st and 3rd for Manziel. Other teams can obviously just acquire him for a 2nd! Because Hoyer can play at a good level for a few games.

Trying to trade for manziel would be the same cost of trading from the bottom of the draft to the top for a qb if not more. A 1st and multiple high draft picks if not multiple first. Nothing less makes sense. But again he won't be traded, it's a pipe dream.

Nah it depends on how you value the QBs in this upcoming draft. Do teams value Mariotta, winston, prescott, higher than Juanny football? If so, then trading football wouldn't get you a first round pick at all

I need to lay down.
Nah it depends on how you value the QBs in this upcoming draft. Do teams value Mariotta, winston, prescott, higher than Juanny football? If so, then trading football wouldn't get you a first round pick at all
What incentive if any would cleveland have to trade Manziel for anything less then what they accquried him for within a year of drafting him?

Again he won't be traded, can't believe I'm even talking about this

Just curious for all you ppl saying so and so team should try and acquire Manziel.

What do you think it would cost? Just out of curiosity

Luke The Fluke Kuechly and a 2nd

Killa Cam the Godfather and October's Very Own Money Manziel would be the SWAGgiest QB combo in the league. Wouldn't win many games but fuck it.

SWAG
SWAG

Top Bottom