• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 11 |OT| - The Quarterback Duel of the Decade Out of the Shadows

JNA

Banned
untitled-1z1rwk.gif

I'm still not entirely clear on how that's humanly possible.

Aaron-Rodgers-Target-GIF.gif

I was pretty much convinced he's secretly a cyborg ever since this happened.

Easy there Gruden.

There's a difference between making a crazy throw in practice and in a game throwing across your body.

These new Packlings, I swear.

Line_HTX

AHEM, disregard that post from the other thread. I didn't read.

Time for BATTLE OF THE BURGERS!

I dislike Ben, but I hate Tennessee more becuase obligatory AFC South opponent hate.

I hope the Steelers show up and Mikuru-Beam those 15 meter class Titans.

=D

JNA

Banned
Big Ben looks so freaking slow as a player. I know he's huge and all but he moves and throws so freaking slowly. How is he as good as he is?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Wait, what's the complaint on that Lions punt? It was clearly down at the one. Why is kas being a dumb cunt?

Thanks to The Albatross for the gif:

AxCwCnT.gif

When I saw it live my interpretation was the Cardinals special teamer threw the ball back to the one yard line and Ross made a heads up play and got us to midfield. If the argument wants to be made that the Cardinals player had possession he would've fallen into the endzone putting the ball at te 20 yard line, cunt. This was one of many plays the refs bungled.

Pride of Detroit had an article pointing out various discrepancies in the NFLs rule book that don't make any sense. Once again, like the Bears game from a few years back resulting in Megatron getting a TD taken away, we are on the short end of the stick which will result in the NFL reviewing this for future games.

PrideofDetroits conclusion:

Conclusion: The rulebook is inconclusive on the ruling of this play. However, given the way possession is typically determined on first touches of punts, the Cardinals did not have possession of the ball yet, and Ross should have been able to advance the punt.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2014/11/16/7231791/breaking-down-the-call-jeremy-ross-punt-return

eznark

Banned
Thanks to The Albatross for the gif:

AxCwCnT.gif

When I saw it live my interpretation was the Cardinals special teamer threw the ball back to the one yard line and Ross made a heads up play and got us to midfield. If the argument wants to be made that the Cardinals player had possession he would've fallen into the endzone putting the ball at te 20 yard line, cunt. This was one of many plays the refs bungled.

Pride of Detroit had an article pointing out various discrepancies in the NFLs rule book that don't make any sense. Once again, like the Bears game from a few years back resulting in Megatron getting a TD taken away, we are on the short end of the stick which will result in the NFL reviewing this for future games.

PrideofDetroits conclusion:

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2014/11/16/7231791/breaking-down-the-call-jeremy-ross-punt-return

Did Megatron have control against the Bears on that end zone touchdown that was ruled incomplete?

JNA

Banned
Poor Titans. :(

When will they ever be good again? I feel like the last time they were any good was when they had Steve McNair.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Haven't been posting much lately. Great showing for the pats. Was nice to see that when Brady doesn't play perfect they can lean on the defense a bit. 7 of those points were on Tom at the very least, other than that the D was rock solid. Revis tip to mcCourty was his best play of the year to this point. The gameplan of Revis taking the 2nd best and doubling up the 1st looks great, very nice to see it actually work as one would've thought it would when they signed him. Lafell continues to shine. Brady constantly tried those back shoulder throws with Lloyd and they never worked. 2 for 2 on them last night. Also was nice to see they could still move the ball without Gronk being the main point. Was surprised when Amendola got involved early, was a bit refreshing to see. Jonas Gray is pretty good, obviously that defnse was atrocious, but he still had some great patience and vision to let it develop.

eznark

Banned
if the guy had possession at the 1 why does it matter where he falls?

It doesn't.

Also, why does kas think the Lions would've put points on the board there given the way the offense way playing.

Tears of a clown who is watching his dream season crash and burn. At least you still have methamphetamine's, kas.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
if the guy had possession at the 1 why does it matter where he falls?

He didn't have possession, he was falling into the endzone. On a punt like that, either he throws it back to his teammates to catch the ball, which he attempted or he grabs the ball with both feet clearly down at the 1 yard line.

Top Bottom