• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 11 |OT| - The Quarterback Duel of the Decade Out of the Shadows

id3918VmXk4iT.gif

And you say all soccer related things are bad :jnc

I don't think Cam Newton is going through anything different injury wise that any other QB isn't going through right now. He's weak willed and too emotional though.

If I didn't say it last night, gg Eagles.

Don't let my constant shitting on the Panthers take away from the fact that y'all have a squad and will be a contender in the NFC

cajunator

Banned
I'm only down there for a few days, but in about a month I'll be there for a longer period (6 months most likely) so maybe I'll make a trip to NO sometime!

One of my friends is visiting from australia so I will probably take him to tour New Orleans for a day or two around December 26-30 (last time he visited right after Katrina and nothing was really open)

Bread

Banned
One of my friends is visiting from australia so I will probably take him to tour New Orleans for a day or two around December 26-30 (last time he visited right after Katrina and nothing was really open)
Nice, I haven't been since I was 6 so I can't wait to go back.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Dual threat quarterbacks had a good run

Did anyone seriously believe they were going to replace pocket passers?

Also it's way too early for puns like yours.

Edit: this is where people should list all the sports journalists who believed this was true so we can mock them

I am really looking forwards to our game this weekend.

There is no soccer on this weekend so I am going to be fully devoted to Football.

Brady is going to get beat up.

Skele7on

Banned
Eagles just looked ridiculous last night. GG to you.

Shame Lions gonna mess you all up in playoffs....

Also LIONS gonna win again this week!

These Best Buy Black Friday deals are beautiful. I can get Shadow of Mordor, Alien: Isolation, and Wolfenstein for a grand total of $72 (after Gamer's Club discount).

Did anyone seriously believe they were going to replace pocket passers?

Also it's way too early for puns like yours.

Edit: this is where people should list all the sports journalists who believed this was true so we can mock them

Eliminate? No.

Coexist with? I didn't think so, but then the Seahawks won a Super Bowl with Russell Wilson at QB.

bionic77

Their cars look like some crazy Chargers fan attacked them with a machete.
Well it is a pretty subjective thing.

I personally like our cars though. Especially the RX. The mouse in that car was some kind of futuristic thing 4 years ago. I think other car companies are smartly copying it now.

Packers won't even make the playoffs broham
Packers are the best team in the NFC, in my opinion. Only competition is the Eagles and Lions but I look at it in simple terms: come playoff time do you want Stafford, Sanchez, or Godgers?

There are some other NFC teams who could make a run of course but if I'm picking a SB team from the NFC right now it's the Pack. I think their defense is just good enough this year to make the difference, plus their kryptonite (Niners) is mediocre now.

bionic77

Packers are the best team in the NFC, in my opinion. Only competition is the Eagles and Lions but I look at it in simple terms: come playoff time do you want Stafford, Sanchez, or Godgers?

There are some other NFC teams who could make a run of course but if I'm picking a SB team from the NFC right now it's the Pack. I think their defense is just good enough this year to make the difference, plus their kryptonite (Niners) is mediocre now.
Fraudgers is going to fraud in the playoffs and shit the bed at home like he normally does.

Also the Eagles and Cowboys could also both run all over their defense. Though I do agree that you could not trust Sanchez or Romo to score enough against them. But I would have said the same thing about Kap and he proved me wrong!

Changing gears because football is stupid, lets weight in the debate of front loading versus top?

I am convinced we should get a front loading LG washer and combo with those ripoff drawer things to stack them on. We currently have an old ass top loader and my wife is indecisive. At the end of the day she is going to do the laundry and I will leave it up to her but what does GAF have to say on this important topic? The only downsides to front that I can see is that they grow mildew if you don't clean them and you can't do a soak and wash the clothes manually (fuck that anyways).

eznark

Banned

Sanchize will put up 50 on Sunday and it's season over.

I'm going to the game and they haven't won when I've been there in three years so congrats Philly!

Come playoff time I want a complete team. That puts the Packers in the running since I think their defense has turned a corner but I think the Eagles are the team to beat.

bionic77

Sanchize will put up 50 on Sunday and it's season over.

I'm going to the game and they haven't won when I've been there in three years so congrats Philly!
Losing in person is the worst.

What is the traffic like getting out of there after a game? I imagine it to be even more congested than usual seeing as how it is a small city.

eznark

Banned
Come playoff time I want a complete team. That puts the Packers in the running since I think their defense has turned a corner but I think the Eagles are the team to beat.

The Packers have played against one offense all year and got torched. Not sure why you'd think they've turned a corner but I'll take it!

The real reason the Packers defense has gotten better is that the offense is scoring early. TD's on the first drive in five of their last six games. Linsley has improved significantly (though that could be because the competition has dropped off since the first three games) and Randall Cobb is healthy. Settling on a third wide out and getting Lacy more involved in every aspect has been big as well.

As long as the Packers don't turn the ball over they should beat most anybody, but there are always flukey shit plays like the two picks in New Orleans that happen to all teams and keep the NFL interesting.

Losing in person is the worst.
I was at the Bengals loss and the Colts loss. If those hadn't been meaningless AFC road games I probably would've killed myself.

Getting out is fine. I don't know, sucks anywhere. Nowhere near as unbearable as getting out of Patriot's Place though, so there is that.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
anyone point me to where mech freaked out about Mallet starting. Just found out yesterday, was at my stupid sister in laws wedding all week and weekend.

Also good luck Mallet. Better be three steps and ball is out, otherwise this offensive line is going to get you killed.

The only Dolphins game I saw live was against the Bengals during the 1-15 season in 2007. The only play I remember is QB (if you can call him that) John Beck fumbling a shotgun snap near midfield that got returned for a Bengals TD. The Dolphins lost, of course.

Pretty good microcosm of my life as a football fan.

MRSA

Banned
I installed Windows 8.1 and oh my god what a piece of shit this operating system is. Now to get Valkyria Chronicles running on this thing.

Any of you degenerates playing Diablo 3 on PS4?

The Packers have played against one offense all year and got torched. Not sure why you'd think they've turned a corner but I'll take it!

The real reason the Packers defense has gotten better is that the offense is scoring early. TD's on the first drive in five of their last six games. Linsley has improved significantly (though that could be because the competition has dropped off since the first three games) and Randall Cobb is healthy. Settling on a third wide out and getting Lacy more involved in every aspect has been big as well.

As long as the Packers don't turn the ball over they should beat most anybody, but there are always flukey shit plays like the two picks in New Orleans that happen to all teams and keep the NFL interesting.

I was at the Bengals loss and the Colts loss. If those hadn't been meaningless AFC road games I probably would've killed myself.

Getting out is fine. I don't know, sucks anywhere. Nowhere near as unbearable as getting out of Patriot's Place though, so there is that.

Every team has been torched this season it seems. (Carolina 4 times.)

In fact it seems like there's been a drastic uptick in high scoring games and blowouts. I can't quite tell if it's the procedure penalties maintaining drives or just an overall decrease in skill positions across the board.

Striker

Yet Idzik gets all the media attention.

Giants are a worse team and their Quarterback has the pocket presence of a cucumber.
The QB is easily one of the team's best players. The roster itself has like ten good players. This season is on Reese and Ross.

Top Bottom