• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 11 |OT| - The Quarterback Duel of the Decade Out of the Shadows

Apparently Tannehill hurt his shoulder and ankle in the Lions game. Never missed a snap, though. He deserves more credit for how tough he is, to be honest. He's been through some shit.

gutshot

We don't have any tight ends so you're good there! And my god I hope they run a lot of dime. The answer to Rodgers isn't to put a bunch of second teamers on the field, it's to not let him throw the football. He isn't a Chip Kelly product, he doesn't need 14 yards between target and defender to deliver a strike.

I feel like our dime package is pretty solid. Both Brandon Boykin and Nolan Carroll could be starters on other teams, so I don't think it's a case of throwing a bunch of second teamers on the field. And we can always blitz out of dime as well, as Kendricks, Carroll, and Jenkins have done successfully in the past. Of course, if we can get pressure on Rodgers with just our front 4, that would be even better. But I'm guessing Billy Davis will mix in a few of his trademark A-gap blitzes. Just have to hope that Rodgers doesn't burn us too bad on those.

I feel like our dime package is pretty solid. Both Brandon Boykin and Nolan Carroll could be starters on other teams, so I don't think it's a case of throwing a bunch of second teamers on the field. And we can always blitz out of dime as well, as Kendricks, Carroll, and Jenkins have done successfully in the past. Of course, if we can get pressure on Rodgers with just our front 4, that would be even better. But I'm guessing Billy Davis will mix in a few of his trademark A-gap blitzes. Just have to hope that Rodgers doesn't burn us too bad on those.
Did you just talk up Nolan Carroll?

I believe he just talked up Nolan Carroll.

In a much more interesting setting and much better paced.

And yeah Dragon, if I get FC4 it'llobviously be on PC. Best franchise running these days
The freedom you get in FC games is amazing, I love it. 2 was better than 3 in a lot of ways, though. I think 4 will be great, the setting looks incredible.

eznark

Banned
2 is one of the greatest games ever so you are correct

That's attacking the real strength of the Packers offense (rookie center Linsley is grading out as the 4th best player on the entire offense) so that'd be cool! I haven't paid tons of attention to the Eagles defense and because of their offense, the counting stats are completely pointless to judge them, but I get the impression that most of their pressure (last night notwithstanding) comes from creative blitzes and they get very little otherwise. Would that be accurate?

Milchjon

Engineering students should be fucking banned from doing presentations on political/social/sociological topics.

I mean, it's obvious they should be schooled on it, but dammit, let the lecturer drop some actual knowledge on them instead of letting these people embarrass themselves without guidance...

Yes! It's such a unique game, I loved almost all of the mechanics that got taken out for 3. They were frustrating at times but they went to the other extreme with 3 by making "Focus Test: The Game." FC2's world was harsh and unforgiving but that's a huge part of what made it stand out! The gun jamming, the malaria, the limited fast travel... all of that was fantastic.

Sadly I think 4 will stick with the formula set by 3, but I can't deny that it's still a pretty fun formula.

zychi

Banned
I find it hilarious that gamergate was such a huge issue, yet the actual game companies produce and sell broken games to these same people and no one cares. Where the outrage of consistently being lied to with marketing and bullshit explanations.

Next gen indeed

jakncoke

Banned
Can our defense contain the legends known as Sankey and Whitehurst?

Shazier better get healthy soon. We are so fucking slow without him on the field.

If lose to the Titans that'll put us 1-3 against teams likely to drop the top 5. We will have ruined a chance to make the playoffs. Not that we cant regain the ground lost. But if we go 1-3 against 4 of the 5 worst teams in the league we should self ban ourselves from the playoffs. Also hope we can beat up on their qb just because Nate Washington talking shit.

Packers got smoked in two of the harder places to play this year. Not making excuses, but I think it was more about the other teams just beating them flat out than them having any significant skill deficiencies. Packers had a pretty piss poor game plan against Seattle and Detroit, partly because they refused to sit an injured Cobb and partly because McCarthy thought he was clever. Losing in New Orleans with their season on the line is kind of whatever to me. Bizarre game from everyone and despite the score they certainly were not run out of the stadium. I actually think the Packers were winning til the tipped interceptions.

The Detroit game is the one bad loss. Defense played excellent, offense simply was not ready. Kind of feel like they expected the same old Lions. It's going to be a slaughter in Lambeau.

Yea, I'm still surprised by that GB game. If the offense could have gotten out of its way, GB would have had a good shot. But the Lions deserve credit for really dominating the trenches and not giving Godgers time to hurt them. In fact even when he had time our secondary made plays.

I agree Lambeau will be ugly. My hope is that it doesn't matter: if we have a better record we'll win the division, and if not I hope we'll have a wildcard locked up. That's why this upcoming Cardinals game is the biggest of the season IMO. We HAVE to have that wildcard escape hatch available because the Packers are beasting right now and have an easy schedule compared to us.

MechDX

B2LFIenCcAAVUUm.jpg

gutshot

Did you just talk up Nolan Carroll?

I believe he just talked up Nolan Carroll.

I know you guys were glad to be rid of him, but he's done well here. It probably helps that he is the 4th CB and not a starter, so he's not matching up with stud WRs out there.

That's attacking the real strength of the Packers offense (rookie center Linsley is grading out as the 4th best player on the entire offense) so that'd be cool! I haven't paid tons of attention to the Eagles defense and because of their offense, the counting stats are completely pointless to judge them, but I get the impression that most of their pressure (last night notwithstanding) comes from creative blitzes and they get very little otherwise. Would that be accurate?

It's been a bit of both. They definitely blitz a ton, but they have been able to generate a lot of pressure with just their front 4 this year. Especially over the past several weeks. They are second in the league with 34 sacks and the majority of them have come from their linemen and OLBs: Barwin has 10.5 sacks, Vinny Curry has 5, while Brandon Graham and Trent Cole have 4.5 each.

It'll be interesting to see how Billy Davis attacks Rodgers. He's on fire right now and will be tough to slow down, but I think our defense is also playing really well, so it should be a good matchup.

jakncoke

Banned
2021 and Texans probably could franchise him like twice before it gets too crazy. Although by 2021 the cap of the nfl probably will be in the 185 range

MechDX

Man recognized greatness. Can't blame him, but the team is holding Ryan back, so JJ wants out.

Mallett vs Hoyer is kind of like Highlander, there can be only one. Ryan must cut off Hoyers head to move on. Of course then he has to face Tom down the road and kill the master.

jakncoke

Banned
If I wasn't so damn tired right now I would go find all those "Tom is done!" posts from the week one OT and post them here.

To be fair his ball looked like a weak out of control ducks on top of what seemed like a decreasing arm strength of a arm last year and was like like bottom 5 in completion pct for passes over 10 yards the first couple games. You cant fault us.

Dragon

Banned
To be fair his ball looked like a weak out of control ducks on top of what seemed like a decreasing arm strength of a arm last year and was like like bottom 5 in completion pct for passes over 10 yards the first couple games. You cant fault us.

Gronk wasn't healthy which has been a big deal, IMO.

MechDX

But it is every damn year this gets said. Like clockwork

Top Bottom