• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 11 |OT| - The Quarterback Duel of the Decade Out of the Shadows

eznark

Banned
Every team has been torched this season it seems. (Carolina 4 times.)

In fact it seems like there's been a drastic uptick in high scoring games and blowouts. I can't quite tell if it's the procedure penalties maintaining drives or just an overall decrease in skill positions across the board.

Packers got smoked in two of the harder places to play this year. Not making excuses, but I think it was more about the other teams just beating them flat out than them having any significant skill deficiencies. Packers had a pretty piss poor game plan against Seattle and Detroit, partly because they refused to sit an injured Cobb and partly because McCarthy thought he was clever. Losing in New Orleans with their season on the line is kind of whatever to me. Bizarre game from everyone and despite the score they certainly were not run out of the stadium. I actually think the Packers were winning til the tipped interceptions.

The Detroit game is the one bad loss. Defense played excellent, offense simply was not ready. Kind of feel like they expected the same old Lions. It's going to be a slaughter in Lambeau.

gutshot

Eagles still looking dominant with Sanchez. IMO going into GB next week and facing the best QB in the league is going to be the biggest challenge they've faced all year. I think this is the first game that will get away from the Eagles as they were still in it against SF and Arizona. Only salvation will be if Sanchez is good against the Packers D, then it'll just be a shoot out with Rodgers tearing apart our shit secondary.

As long as the front 7 continues playing as well as they have recently, that will give us a chance. Obviously, they aren't going to sack Rodgers 9 times, but if they can get in his face and throw off his rhythm, that will help the secondary a ton.

Offensively, I think we can move the ball on them. We just need to limit the turnovers and score TDs once we get down in the RZ. It should be a good game.

eznark

Banned
As long as the front 7 continues playing as well as they have recently, that will give us a chance. Obviously, they aren't going to sack Rodgers 9 times, but if they can get in his face and throw off his rhythm, that will help the secondary a ton.

Offensively, I think we can move the ball on them. We just need to limit the turnovers and score TDs once we get down in the RZ. It should be a good game.

My only concern is that the Packers don't have a TE to rape Matthews. I hope they run some bunch formations with Lacy in the slot. It'll be hilarious to watch that fat bastard leave Matthews in the dust on a simple drag.

Cam wasn't able to take advantage of that ludicrous mismatch because he is insanely inaccurate right now, but Rodgers should be able to just turn that twist around at will.

Unsurprising read but Patricia Traina breaks down all the misses in Reese's last few drafts.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...laying-huge-part-in-new-york-giants-free-fall

I've always hated evaluating drafts by player retention. It doesn't account for losing players to free agency or injury, which hurts some teams more than others.

Looking at player retention makes Thomas Dmitroff one of the best GMs in the league. I guess it doesn't matter how shitty your players are as long as they stay with you.

eznark

Banned
Right down your throat.

22_1norwoord_miss.jpg

jmdajr

Losing in person is the worst.

What is the traffic like getting out of there after a game? I imagine it to be even more congested than usual seeing as how it is a small city.

I know lots of these feels. I've seen pretty much every epic Texan's loss in person.

Rosencopter? Oh yeah. You know it.
Vince Young winning on the last play? Yup.
Schoob giving the game away to the Seahwaks? si.
Kubiak stroke on the sideline? ditto

gutshot

My only concern is that the Packers don't have a TE to rape Matthews. I hope they run some bunch formations with Lacy in the slot. It'll be hilarious to watch that fat bastard leave Matthews in the dust on a simple drag.

Cam wasn't able to take advantage of that ludicrous mismatch because he is insanely inaccurate right now, but Rodgers should be able to just turn that twist around at will.

I suspect the Eagles will run a lot of dime on Sunday and count on their defensive line to contain the run game. Because yeah, Matthews is going to look foolish out there if he has to cover RBs and TEs all game.

Zeke

So not gonna lie if that wasn't a fluke game by Sanchez last night I'm gonna be little more concerned come turkey day. They are a top 5 offense in points, yards and passing yards ranked 13th in rush yards. Dallas gives up tons of yards every game but have managed to hold oppents to 21 points. Defense is really going to have to step and get some pressure on Sanchez early on.

eznark

Banned
I suspect the Eagles will run a lot of dime on Sunday and count on their defensive line to contain the run game. Because yeah, Matthews is going to look foolish out there if he has to cover RBs and TEs all game.

We don't have any tight ends so you're good there! And my god I hope they run a lot of dime. The answer to Rodgers isn't to put a bunch of second teamers on the field, it's to not let him throw the football. He isn't a Chip Kelly product, he doesn't need 14 yards between target and defender to deliver a strike.

Tom Penny

Just get up 10 at halftime and the games over.

bionic77

Thumbs down!

Wait until they drop all the DB's back and make Luck check into the correct read of Trent Truck runs :)
This might upset GAF but I don't think the truck is even part of the offense anymore and I get the feeling that he is not a part of Luck's life anymore either.

He is gone by the end of the year.

Its going to be funny when he winds up playing for the Jets or Raiders.

Top Bottom