• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 12 |OT| - Matt Stafford vs. the World

Zeke

My god what a shit show game that was. I seriously thought the giants had this after the first half. Beckham is legit my god that catch was scary good. Turkey day is gonna be huge.

Is there a single NFC team that even has a remote shot this year? Teams that aren't even in the playoff picture in the AFC can handle the best of the NFC

IMO with Carson Arizona was the best team in the league, but with him gone it's Patriots then a cluster fuck of pretenders..

Line_HTX

So, this is what... their 8th win?

It would be a shame... if they lose the rest of the way to get to .500 for the 4th straight year!

DOH-HOHOHOHO!!

Is there a single NFC team that even has a remote shot this year? Teams that aren't even in the playoff picture in the AFC can handle the best of the NFC

Sanchize is the only one who can stop Brady now. He's the hero we deserve.

Edit: The Niners beat KC. Let's be serious, no one in the "strong" AFC North is winning a playoff game.

I think we match up well against the Pats. Our DB can handle their WR/TE. Our run D is one of the best in the league.

Their strength on D is their secondary, but ... our strength on O isn't our passing game but our running game.

Either way I don't see either team winning by more than 5-8.

Bread

Banned
I'm now watching the Wizard of Oz too.
cajun brings up an interesting topic

what are nfl-gaf's "put down all things and watch when they're on TV" movies?

mine are Tommy, Revenge of the Nerds, and Labyrinth for their nostalgia factor.

I think we match up well against the Pats. Our DB can handle their WR/TE. Our run D is one of the best in the league.

Their strength on D is their secondary, but ... our strength on O isn't our passing game but our running game.

Either way I don't see either team winning by more than 5-8.

a Seahawks/Pats Superbowl would just be the goddamn worst.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You people don't think Green Bay could take the Pats?

It's probably going to be a very edifying game. Probably. Fraudgers? Cheatriots? They are who we thought they were...or maybe not?

Pats have been doing very well lately against supposedly good defenses and the Packers have holes. Packers are at home and Rodgers has been godlike lately. Gronk is 100% healthy which is always a factor.

eznark

Banned

facepalm.gif

gcubed

And Detroit. And all the other NFC teams that didn't get the chance to play those teams.

They got embarrassed by the panthers... That nullifies their dolphins win

Sanchize is the only one who can stop Brady now. He's the hero we deserve.

Edit: The Niners beat KC. Let's be serious, no one in the "strong" AFC North is winning a playoff game.

I'm an Eagles fan, but they may be the top of the list for fraud NFC teams with good records. I guess there's room for them to get worse in the turnover ratio... and the secondary is... I can't think of an adjective.

ShaneB

That time of year now when I'll watch Christmas Vacation a bunch of times.

jbug617

Banned

Home Alone 2, Rush Hour 2, Coming to America, Trading Places

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Lions in 6th in the NFC as opposed to 5th because of this win. Oh well, NFC race is coming down to the wire anyway.
Lions are 7th, as they would've been regardless of this game. Seahawks have the tie breaker over the Lions due to common games played (Seahawks = 4-0, Lions = 1-3)

Ah shit, forgot about the packers.

So... Revised. The browns, dolphins and chiefs can handle the NFC besides the packers

Browns don't count since they played the NFC South. Chiefs lost against the 49ers, still play Arizona, and I love our chances against them on a neutral field if we're healthyish. Dolphins lost to both decent NFC North teams.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
ESPN has the Lions in 6th based on strength of victory (.413 vs .402 for Seattle).
They're wrong. They probably haven't checked over the tie breakers yet to notice that the Lions and Seahawks have now played 4 common games, which takes precedence over strength of victory.

Common games:
Giants
Cardinals
Packers
Panthers

To the people who root for NFC teams.

Would you rather be the #3 seed and host a pretty good #6 seed. Or would you rather be the #5 seed and have to play on the road... but against a NFC South team?

found this, although it doesn't show the pass interference

HMaoIce.gif
That ... is tremendous.

To the people who root for NFC teams.

Would you rather be the #3 seed and host a pretty good #6 seed. Or would you rather be the #5 seed and have to play on the road... but against a NFC South team?
I would rather be the #2 seed and hopefully duck the Seahawks and Cowboys.

BUT ... if I had to pick, the #3. Home field game > playing the 7-9 Saints in NO.

Top Bottom