• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 12 |OT| - Matt Stafford vs. the World

Colasante

Tried to imagine what it'd be like if Patriots had Alfonzo Dennard and Logan Ryan trying to cover Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate yesterday. Would not have been pretty. Needless to say, I'm quite glad these guys are here.

110214patsnl10.jpg

These early Black Friday deals at Best Buy are great. My haul:

Shadow of Mordor - PS4
Alien: Isolation - PS4
Wolfenstein - PS4
White PS4 Controller

$113 for all that and I had $110 in gift cards so I "spent" 3 bucks. Not too shabby!

RELAYER

Banned
Forget the time out, throwing a bomb was the real sin. Koetter is actively trying to sabotage us I think.

Things are bad when it's 3rd and 2 and Cleveland KNOWS we are going to pass and lines up to play the pass. This entire team is a joke.

Bread

Banned
Tried to imagine what it'd be like if Patriots had Alfonzo Dennard and Logan Ryan trying to cover Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate yesterday. Would not have been pretty. Needless to say, I'm quite glad these guys are here.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sites/default/files/styles/full/public/media/2014/11/02/110214patsnl10.jpg?itok=1upM1B9m&c=f33f77866e059984e34cc0cd0d8101b4[IMG][/QUOTE]
Having Revis control one side of the field with Mccourty patrolling the other has also allowed Chung to blossom into a run stopper who covers TEs. He was such trash playing zone, it's amazing to see what a difference the change of scheme has made.

LevelNth

Banned
I'll admit I had more faith in Bridgewater earlier this year, but watching some of that game yesterday, man did he look bad.

That one pick he threw that he just inexplicably floated up into traffic is the backbreaker. That's a sort of panic/lack of understanding that I'm not sure you can coach out of him.

Poor bastard.

DMczaf

Ok, playoffs are dead.

Even though were still alive, I declare we are dead.

We must lose out. We must get a franchise fucking QB.

Colasante

Dont'a Hightower now leads all inside linebackers in Pro Football Focus' ratings.

"Dont’a Hightower, LB: +4.4

Hightower continued his breakout season, and now leads all inside linebackers with a +18.4 overall grade. Hightower is excelling in all phases of the game, and earned positive grades in both pass rushing and run defense for the third game in a row."

Welp. I guess Mayo might be expendable after all.

Also, PFF on Revis.

"Darrelle Revis, CB: +5.0

Breakdown: This was Revis’ highest-graded game since the 2011 season, and he has a cumulative grade of +12.7 over his past four games. Only four cornerbacks have a higher grade over the entire season. Revis spent most of the game shadowing Golden Tate, and held him to two catches for 41 yards on seven targets."

Only four cornerbacks have a higher cumulative season grade than Revis' grade over the past four games, against the Bears, Lions, Colts, and Broncos. That's wild.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Well it seems the debate over Mike Smith in Falcons land has finally reached its inevitable conclusion.

The Detroit game swung things to about 70/30 between the self-annointed "realists" and the "optimists", but I think it's safe to say that yesterday's disaster was the final nail in the coffin. There's no one left that wants him to be associated with Atlanta. Besides Saints fans.

It's a shame that the legacy of the most winning coach in Falcon's history had to end like this in ruin. But then again, in Atlanta, everything seems to end in ruin. I think even if we somehow miraculously won the Superbowl, we'd respectfully ask him to retire afterwards.

This is what happens when teams lose to the Browns. :(

Tamanon

Banned
Sir I hope that win pushes you just out of where you need to be to draft the player you need.

If not for Gata my fury would be unleashed on the Jags.

We're going to be in Top 3. We're not drafting a QB, we're fiiiiiiine.

I only expect one more win this season, possibly two(Texans and Titans). Use that draft and get us a great lineman or Amari Cooper and we're set to rebuild.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
We're going to be in Top 3. We're not drafting a QB, we're fiiiiiiine.

I only expect one more win this season, possibly two(Texans and Titans). Use that draft and get us a great lineman or Amari Cooper and we're set to rebuild.

Fight me!

Zeke

Having this week turn into a 3 day work week has made Monday much more tolerable.
It really hasn't. I need to get away from desktop support. Too many headache inducing questions that are flat out ridiculous. I need to look into working with servers and hardware.

Colasante

John McClain says that Ryan Mallett is officially out for the season. What a shitty break for him. Hopefully he'll sign another one year, prove it deal with the Texans and lead them to a division title next season.

Jameis Winston with Lovie Smith as his HC.

That's a winning combination right there.

I feel like Winston is destined to go to the New York market and become the most ridiculously over-covered athlete in NFL history.

eznark

Banned
That really sucks for the Texans, now they are going to waste a whole extra season finding out that Mallett is shit on toast.

ShaneB

My last few weeks were hellish.

I need this downtime.

Shifting gears, any suggestions for decent gifts for secretary and paralegal?

I'm just tossing vacation days out to use them, counting down the days really until I'm home for Christmas for 2 weeks.

It really hasn't. I need to get away from desktop support. Too many headache inducing questions that are flat out ridiculous. I need to look into working with servers and hardware.

=( Sorry to hear that.
Well I've spoke of my distaste of my job before, a 3 day work week is uplifting right now. An entire life overhaul is what I really need I guess too.

edit: Grats Dutch friend!

Zeke

I generally like my job but it's Monday and I'm not in the mood for this shit today. Trying to explain anything tech related to people who don't use their computers for anything other than Facebook/Twitter/YouTube/WSHH is like slamming your dick in a car door.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Gipson to miss 6-8 weeks.

The NFL’s leader in interceptions is likely to miss the remainder of the regular season.

Browns safety Tashaun Gipson, who is leading the league with six picks, has suffered a grade-3 MCL sprain, according to Adam Caplan of ESPN. That’s an injury that typically comes with a recovery time in the six-to-eight-week range.

With only five weeks remaining in the regular season, that could be a season-ending injury. But the Browns are in the playoff hunt at 7-4, so it’s possible Gipson could return for the postseason.

Gipson was carted off the field during Sunday’s win over the Falcons after a collision with cornerback Joe Haden. The injury looked bad enough that there were fears of a torn ACL, so in that context, an MCL sprain is actually good news. Gipson should be 100 percent for offseason work, and it’s still possible that he’s not done this season.

The fact they even say he might make it back for playoffs is something refreshing I've never heard before.

Also I'll beat Mech to it there is some story floating around that Manziel's crew may have beat some guy up at his apartment.

Respect

Dont'a Hightower now leads all inside linebackers in Pro Football Focus' ratings.

"Dont’a Hightower, LB: +4.4

Hightower continued his breakout season, and now leads all inside linebackers with a +18.4 overall grade. Hightower is excelling in all phases of the game, and earned positive grades in both pass rushing and run defense for the third game in a row."

Welp. I guess Mayo might be expendable after all.

Him being in the exact same situation as last year helped and it is showing, he is hesitating less and just reacting now.

Top Bottom