• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 12 |OT| - Matt Stafford vs. the World

Zeke

Morning gentlemen I got my coffee and I'm watching highlights of last night's game. I'm nervous about Thursday this defense is gonna kill me.

I need my own personal desalination plant for how salty I remain after that Falcons game.
Jesus Horatio Christ.

Sports radio isn't helping.
I've seen some upset fans in this city, but this is hands down the most livid I think I've heard people be since the Petrino Incident.

I have the strangest hangover right now. No headache, kinda achey, but I am feeling almost floaty. Like I am not sure if I am awake, or in a dream.

Time to up my meds!

Tamanon

Banned
It is funny to also see him say that 53 yards was outside the range they wanted when they could have tried to run at that point and make it 4 or 5 yards closer. It was clear watching that game that he thought they needed a TD for some insane reason, and only settled for the field goal. I am having a hard time thinking of a situation at the end of a game where the HC did more to hurt his teams chances of winning.

That's a bold statement from an Eagles fan who survived the Reid era.

Slo

I clinched my division in FF last night. Ive won leagues before but this is the first time ive ever won my division.

Do I sit my starters next week?

Slo

Not sure how to behave. My goal is to be dignified and humble. A modern day Tebow. Do I preemptively contact all the people ive conquered and let them know that I don't plan to shit talk them?

bionic77

Packers about to lose by 10+
Its ok if you lose now as long as the Packers or someone else beats them in the playoffs.

Also, if someone on the Packers intentionally takes out Brady I will buy that players jersey and become a Packer stockholder.

P.S. I was lighting it up on the court yesterday. The only thing that could stop me was my teammates who sometimes forgot to get me the ball.

Greg

Its ok if you lose now as long as the Packers or someone else beats them in the playoffs.

Also, if someone on the Packers intentionally takes out Brady I will buy that players jersey and become a Packer stockholder.

P.S. I was lighting it up on the court yesterday. The only thing that could stop me was my teammates who sometimes forgot to get me the ball.
better place your order for an AJ Hawk jersey now

and that's good to hear - achilles feeling better then?

bionic77

better place your order for an AJ Hawk jersey now

and that's good to hear - achilles feeling better then?
No pain in the achilles.

My bum knee is sore and stiff today but I am used to that and it doesn't bother me at this point. Did a lot of yard work on Saturday too so that probably didn't help.

The Pats actually running the ball scares the fuck out of me. We all know that Tammy wilts in the cold weather and intense pressure of the playoffs. But if the Pats take the ball out of her hands I think we all need to kneel down and pray to Tebow for injuries and misfortune to be sent to Foxboro.

Respect

That reasoning is bulletproof. Have to use yours otherwise the other team will just use theirs!

Reminds me of Jim Caldwell's reasoning for calling a timeout in that playoff game a few years back against the Jets when the Jets were driving late, 2 points down.

“I didn’t care. I was going to make sure that they couldn’t. Make them snap the ball. They were in field goal range,” Caldwell said. “We wanted to try to make them snap the ball as many times as they possibly could.”

Wut?

Edit: read that the Packers open at 3.5pts favs over the Pats

I used to think Vegas set the line based on who they think would win the game, and they always gave the road team 3 points default and worked from there. But I recently found out they set the line based on public perception of the game in most cases. Seems to makes sense as Vegas wouldn't want lopsided betting and this will drive betting on both sides if you set the line based on what the public thinks the spread will be.

May be common knowledge on NFL-GAF, but I never realized this until recently.

Slo

If anybody would like to by Vikings stock, send a self addressed stamped envelope to me and in 7-10 business days I will send you a worthless photocopy of a pretend stock share. Possibly written in crayon and reeking of bourbon.

jbug617

Banned
Belichick on Raiola.

@MikeReiss: Bill Belichick on conference call: "I'm sure there was a lot of frustration there from Raiola ... has never beat us."

@MikeReiss: More from Bill Belichick on Raiola: "Had a tough day in there dealing with Wilfork & Hightower & those guys. I'd say it was frustration...

ShaneB

I just heard Mike Smiths quotes after yesterdays game. He was asked why he took that late timeout and he said if he hadnt then the Browns would have anyways so it didnt matter. It is amazing that you can be a head coach in the NFL and not understand that making the other team use their TOs can help your team win.

This is the kind of thing I would do foolishly while playing Madden. Not for a NFL head coach!

Greg

No pain in the achilles.

My bum knee is sore and stiff today but I am used to that and it doesn't bother me at this point. Did a lot of yard work on Saturday too so that probably didn't help.

The Pats actually running the ball scares the fuck out of me. We all know that Tammy wilts in the cold weather and intense pressure of the playoffs. But if the Pats take the ball out of her hands I think we all need to kneel down and pray to Tebow for injuries and misfortune to be sent to Foxboro.
gooood

yeah, if the Packers don't get off to a fast start, I think they're fucked

Not sure how to behave. My goal is to be dignified and humble. A modern day Tebow. Do I preemptively contact all the people ive conquered and let them know that I don't plan to shit talk them?
talk shit - enjoy this while you can!

oneHeero

Morning gentlemen I got my coffee and I'm watching highlights of last night's game. I'm nervous about Thursday this defense is gonna kill me.
It was my bday yesterday and the boys pulled off a win, couldn't be better! Was our defense as bad as I thought? Sheesh.

bionic77

Fuck it. I guess I could sell pretend stock for all the other teams too.
Most fans would probably buy it too.

The only problem is that when Goodell finds out he is going to send AP and Ray Rice over to your house to convince you that it is not wise to sell NFL merchandise without the express consent of the NFL.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm ready to call for the Jags to fire Jedd Fisch.

Dude is playing it so safe with play calls that it's actively hurting the team. Nobody cares if a rookie QB throws an interception if he's throwing it down the field and learning. Instead we get a bunch of 1st and 2nd down runs and 3rd down short pass attempts.

We know the offense sucks. We know Bortles is reckless. He needs to learn, and you don't do that by not even trying. Get him out of the pocket, call some deeper passes, mix it up.

Our defense doesn't deserve this.

Slo

I'll short sell Bridgewater. Man that kid has no idea where the ball is going half the time. Vikings should have won that game by two scores.

Accuracy was awful. I like that he seems to go through his progressions well, and he can find the check down. Mobile enough to keep the play alive and isn't overly eager to run. He just doesn't throw the ball with any authority. Im not just talking about arm strength, but I'm sure that's part of it. Every time he lets it go there's a "well, here goes nothing! " look to it.

Slo

Most fans would probably buy it too.

The only problem is that when Goodell finds out he is going to send AP and Ray Rice over to your house to convince you that it is not wise to sell NFL merchandise without the express consent of the NFL.

Both are remorseful gentlemen who have sworn off violence!

Zeke

It was my bday yesterday and the boys pulled off a win, couldn't be better! Was our defense as bad as I thought? Sheesh.
Pretty bad the defense was drake soft in the first half and stupid self inflicted penalties did not help. There were times were they giving up 11 or 12 yards on first down. Giants converted on 11/16 3rd downs a stunning 68%. Giants even won TOP battle 35:07 to 24:53. They tightened up in the second half and managed to make some stands. I did I mention the giants scored on their first 3 possessions?

odellbeckhamcatch.png

This needs to be in the next OP.

Belichick on Raiola.

:jnc

Raiola is gone after this year and I say good riddance. I understand it would suck to play your entire career with a horrible franchise but being a dick to fans and trying to injure guys is too much. Earlier this year he hurled himself onto a pile well after the whistle blew.

Morning buddies, what's there to say? Without the Fitz security blanket, Stanton was fucking trash. An extremely mediocre offense would have destroyed SEA yesterday with the way our D played but we put up the most putrid offensive performance since the year after Warner retired. As awful as SEA's offense is, ours was even worse. Feels bad because I'm not sure how long Fitz will be out, he's hoping for WK 13. Thank god we play the Falcons, we can win without him there. I expect some interesting practices after that disgusting performance and I'm also trying to remind myself how good SEA's secondary is, especially at home. We should be able to bounce back against ATL. I feel pretty damn good about the defense, SEA started on our side on the field or close the majority of their possessions so to hold them to one TD is pretty awesome. All the sacks and blocked FG were great too. We just need Stanton to pull his head out of his ass and I'm optimistic going into this week. Still your NFL Overlords, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

Oh yeah, GG Chicken-GAF, that's a big win to have with all the current standings fighting for a playoff spot.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If we play as badly as we did yesterday, New England will run us over. I wasn't impressed by anything other than our running game to close it out.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I know no one will care about this besides Giants fans, but can we talk about why Mathias Kiwanuka continues to see such a ridiculous number of snaps? There were those few plays at the end of the game last night where Romo fell back, had a leisurely cup of tea, browsed GAF on his phone, took a nap, and then completed a pass downfield as the Giants pass rush got stonewalled for eight minutes. Moore was nowhere to be seen on that drive, but Kiwi was out there as always, generating no pressure whatsoever.

Who cares if Moore is a liability against the run when there is barely any time left and it's clear the Cowboys are going to have to move the ball through the air? Besides, teams already run at Kiwi as though he was wearing a #72 Umenyiora jersey, so it's not like there would be a drop off.

I agree with this 100%. I am sick of all of the complete useless roster fillers on this team. The coaching staff is too loyal. Just cut bait with these over priced replacement players and go with actual replacement players. They won't be much worse. Herzlich, Kiwi, Hosley, to name a few on defense. Just go away.

eznark

Banned
Vikings fans set to get more outraged at Matt Kalil knocking off some guys hat than Adrian Peterson cutting open his kids ballsack.

RELAYER

Banned
NFL Network has some guys who are just straight up clowns sometimes.

Narrating the Anquan Boldin catch where he got nailed and kept running in the 4th:

Rhett Lewis: "That is a grown man catch, he just kept going."

Eric Davis: "Yeah that's an adult right there."

What the hell are you saying

Welcome to post-modern discourse.
As human knowledge grows, wisdom proportionally decreases.

RELAYER

Banned
Well it seems the debate over Mike Smith in Falcons land has finally reached its inevitable conclusion.

The Detroit game swung things to about 70/30 between the self-annointed "realists" and the "optimists", but I think it's safe to say that yesterday's disaster was the final nail in the coffin. There's no one left that wants him to be associated with Atlanta. Besides Saints fans.

It's a shame that the legacy of the most winning coach in Falcon's history had to end like this in ruin. But then again, in Atlanta, everything seems to end in ruin. I think even if we somehow miraculously won the Superbowl, we'd respectfully ask him to retire afterwards.

Top Bottom