• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 12 |OT| - Matt Stafford vs. the World

Tamanon

Banned
Gipson to miss 6-8 weeks.

The fact they even say he might make it back for playoffs is something refreshing I've never heard before.

Also I'll beat Mech to it there is some story floating around that Manziel's crew may have beat some guy up at his apartment.

Oh man, did Manziel go full Tonya Harding on Hoyer?

Watched the game this morning. Same story all season long, really.

Good first half and the team falls apart a bit in the second. Eli's interception was brutal and all of that but the offense did its job to close the game. Couldn't ask for much more. I had no confidence the defense was going to hold them and with good reason.

A few things:

- Odell Beckham is god damned amazing. A treat to watch, really. That catch was fucking incredible.
- 8 seconds to throw the ball. Really, defensive line? Really? This team has so many holes I don't even know where to start.
- Generally good night for Eli all things considered. Offensive line held up pretty well in pass pro. Run blocking is still laughable a vast majority of the time.

Shit season. Just let it end.

Yesterday, I turned on SNF, saw Beckham make his catch, then thought "..no way the game is going to get any better than that" and shut it off.

What perfect timing.

Guess who passed his math test at the trader company

3hu0qhl2lnbkm2aa513jsabcw8.gif

3hu0qhl2lnbkm2aa513jsabcw8.gif

Good job Dutch man.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Oh man, did Manziel go full Tonya Harding on Hoyer?

http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2014/11/24/police-report-johnny-manziel-involved-in-massive-fight-late-friday-night-at-the-9-in-downtown-cleveland

An eager Cleveland Browns fan sparked a massive fight at The 9 when he approached Johnny Manziel and his "entourage" late Friday night, according to a police report obtained today by Scene.

Cleveland police were called to the apartment's lobby at 2:36 a.m. for a report of a "riot" involving 20 men and two security guards.

The alleged victim, 33-year-old Sandusky resident Chris Gonos, reported to police that he and his girlfriend spotted Manziel while waiting for an elevator at the high-end apartment complex, where many Cleveland professional athletes live, and professed his love to the rookie quarterback.

Gonos told police he pointed Manziel out to his girlfriend: "That's Johnny Manziel." Then he approached him.

According to the report, "at this time victim stated to the unidentified male, 'I'm the biggest Browns fan ever, I love you, I want to give you a hug.'"

Gonos stepped towards Manziel and was promptly punched in the face, the alleged victim's account to police says, followed by a beat down by Manziel's crew, giving the man a "swollen lip, right eye swollen, red face." A security guard intervened and also was hurt.

Kenny Didier, general manager of The 9, told Scene "We have no comment on any of that."

We reached out to the Browns for comment and will update with the team's response.

Here are the relevant portions of the police report (emphasis ours):

ON 11-22-14 … WE RECEIVED A RADIO BROADCAST TO RESPOND TO 2017 E. 9 (METROPOLITAN AT THE 9) C/W A LARGE FIGHT.
UPON ARRIVAL WE WERE ADVISED BY HOTEL STAFF THAT THE FIGHT HAD BEEN DISPURSED. AT THIS TIME THE VICTIM (GONOS) APPROACHED US AND ADVISED HE WAS ASSAULTED BY JOHNNY FOOTBALL AND HIS ENTOURAGE.

VICTIM STATES THAT WHILE WAITING FOR THE ELEVATOR AN UNDINTIFIED MALE IN A WHITE HOODED SWEATSHIRT WHO VICTIM STATES WAS JOHNNY MANZIEL APPROACHED THE ELEVATOR WITH SEVERAL OTHER MALES INCLUDING THE OFFENDER (KIRK).

AT THIS TIME VICTIM STATES THAT HE ATTEMPTED TO ENGAGE IN CONVERSATION WITH THE UNIDENTIFIED MALE IN THE WHITE HOODED SWEATSHIRT.

VICTIM STATES THAT HE BEGAN SAYING “THAT’S JOHNNY MANZIEL” TO HIS GIRLFRIEND.

AT THIS TIME VICTIM STATED TO THE UNIDENTIFIED MALE, “I’M THE BIGGEST BROWNS FAN EVER, I LOVE YOU, I WANT TO GIVE YOU A HUG.” AT THIS TIME VICTIMED STATED THAT HE TOOK ONE STEP TOWARDS THE UNIDENTIFIED MALE WHO HE STATES WAS JOHNNY MANZIEL AND WAS STRUCK SEVERAL TIMES IN THE FACE BY THE OFFENDER.

AT THIS TIME VICTIM STATES THAT HE WAS THEN PUSHED AND ATTACKED BY THE OFFENDER AND SEVERAL OTHER UNIDENTIFIED MALES.

AT THIS TIME A HOTEL STAFF MEMBER INTERVENED AND BROKE THE FIGHT UP.

HOTEL STAFF MEMBER STATED THAT HE WAS ALSO STRUCK IN THE FACE AND WE OBSERVED AN ABRASION TO HIS LOWER LIP.

….

AT THIS TIME WE INTERVIEWED THE OFFENDER WHO STATED THAT THE VICTIM ATTEMPTED TO ASSAULT HIS CLIENT AND HE DEFENDED HIM. OFFENDER VISABLE INJRIES AND REFUSED EMS.

The spelling mistakes make this seem highly dubious. Plus the fact it doesn't even say it was Manziel even there.

I'm sure BG or Batman will swoop in and tell us how this website is trash.

Mary Kay with her never-ending thirst for Johnny will be sure to bombard them with questions later today.

Zeke

Who wears 53 on the giants? Because that mother fucker is a cheap shotting bitch that needs to be fined.
i.imgur.com/04Yd6sA.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Handling business 55 degree Oklahoma City windy weather likes its nothing.

Bears @ Lions
Patriots @ Packers

We're all Patriot fans this week. The NFC North will be restored to proper order by the end of this Sunday.

Draxal

Watched the game this morning. Same story all season long, really.

Good first half and the team falls apart a bit in the second. Eli's interception was brutal and all of that but the offense did its job to close the game. Couldn't ask for much more. I had no confidence the defense was going to hold them and with good reason.

A few things:

- Odell Beckham is god damned amazing. A treat to watch, really. That catch was fucking incredible.
- 8 seconds to throw the ball. Really, defensive line? Really? This team has so many holes I don't even know where to start.
- Generally good night for Eli all things considered. Offensive line held up pretty well in pass pro. Run blocking is still laughable a vast majority of the time.

Shit season. Just let it end.

Kiwi was on the field the entire time for that last drive, while Ayers and Moore were on the bench.

Get rid of Fewell now.

bionic77

Yesterday, I turned on SNF, saw Beckham make his catch, then thought "..no way the game is going to get any better than that" and shut it off.

What perfect timing.
I have seen that catch at least 50 times on youtube and it is still amazing. I don't know how he could have any control falling down with his arm stretched behind his head.

eznark

Banned

Bears @ Lions
Patriots @ Packers

We're all Patriot fans this week. The NFC North will be restored to proper order by the end of this Sunday.

Think Stafford will crack the elusive 40% completion mark this week?

Bears @ Lions
Patriots @ Packers

Back to needing other teams to do the work for you.

The roar has officially been restored.

cajunator

Banned
We are all Saints fans today

:D

This is what happens when teams lose to the Browns. :(

Yall always beat us :)
Before this year it was after Fujita left and he had that defense ready for us too.
Yall had Colt McCoy and he made 9 completions and the team totalled 210 yards and yall still beat the shit out of us.

Having this week turn into a 3 day work week has made Monday much more tolerable.

For me its just go to work tonight and then spend the entire next week playing Smash bros. Its a hard life.

Bears @ Lions
Patriots @ Packers

It doesnt surprise me at all that you would be such a selfish prick. Even if it came down to the last game of the year and the Eagles need the Pats to lose to make the playoffs I would still be rooting for the Pats to lose. Societies needs come before my own selfish needs.

The spelling mistakes make this seem highly dubious. Plus the fact it doesn't even say it was Manziel even there.

I'm sure BG or Batman will swoop in and tell us how this website is trash.

Mary Kay with her never-ending thirst for Johnny will be sure to bombard them with questions later today.

Scene is as reputable as it gets in CLE.

Drakeon

It doesnt surprise me at all that you would be such a selfish prick. Even if it came down to the last game of the year and the Eagles need the Pats to lose to make the playoffs I would still be rooting for the Pats to lose. Societies needs come before my own selfish needs.

I couldn't even bring myself to root for the patriots in 2011 after the Giants had just beat the Niners in the NFC championship. Fuck. The. Patriots. Will never root for them in a game.

eznark

Banned
Looking at the schedules the playoffs seems pretty well set.

AFC
1. Patriots 14-2
2. Broncos 13-3
3. Colts 12-4
4. Bengals 11-4-1
5. Dolphins 10-6
6. Ravens 10-6

NFC
1. Cardinals 12-4
2. Packers 12-4
3. Eagles 11-5
4. Saints 7-9
5. Cowboys 11-5
6. Seahawks 11-5

I know we just won but it feels like the niners season is over, Kap has been a flop all year, he just hasn't developed at all as a pocket passer in terms of going through his progressions and Davis has been a HUGE disappointment. :(

bionic77

The love confession scenes in Fire Emblem: Awakening are hilarious.
Everything about that game is amazing.

You are a good man.

During the bye Martavis Bryant will be working with...Jay Glazer?!

B2_svktCAAAQ7Qq.jpg
He has really skinny legs.

If by proper order, you mean the Lions looking up from the dankiest basement imaginable, I thought think there's enough time for the Lions to outsuck the Vikings.

But Stafford is sure trying.

bionic77

AFC
1. Patriots 14-2
2. Broncos 13-3
3. Colts 12-4
4. Bengals 11-4-1
5. Dolphins 10-6
6. Ravens 10-6

NFC
1. Cardinals 12-4
2. Packers 12-4
3. Eagles 11-5
4. Saints 7-9
5. Cowboys 11-5
6. Seahawks 11-5
The Bungles finish with at least 5 losses, they have to play Pittsburgh twice and will somehow lose both of those games despite having a superior team. You of all people know this.

I wonder how many 10-6 teams we will have this year and how many will be left out.

AFC
1. Patriots 14-2
2. Broncos 13-3
3. Colts 12-4
4. Bengals 11-4-1
5. Dolphins 10-6
6. Ravens 10-6

NFC
1. Cardinals 12-4
2. Packers 12-4
3. Eagles 11-5
4. Saints 7-9
5. Cowboys 11-5
6. Seahawks 11-5

This legitimately surprises me. I figured you would have the Eagles out for sure. Sucks that in your version we would have the Seahawks in round one. One and done 2 years in a row would really suck.

Drakeon

I know we just won but it feels like the niners season is over, Kap has been a flop all year, he just hasn't developed at all as a pocket passer in terms of going through his progressions and Davis has been a HUGE disappointment. :(

With the way the offense has been playing, we have no business being in the playoffs at the moment. I'm hoping we're able to get hot and go on a streak, because the defense can keep us in games, but the offense is unable to blow out anyone (like a pathetic redskins team we should've beat by double digits). I dont understand where Stevie Johnson was yesterday and why we're not attempting to get him more involved. Seems like he makes several dynamic catches a game that we give him the snaps to actually get involved in.

Zeke

So Romo has a career 2.6% pass int rating. Ranked 18th all time and puts him with the likes of Montana, young, pey pey and brees. Also included in that group Bernie Kosar, Pennington, leftwich and mcnair. Rodgers ranked first with a ridiculous 1.7%.

Pro

The NFC North will be restored to proper order by the end of this Sunday.

Lions have 4/5 remaining games against the Division. At least one of those will be a trap game they'll drop. Meanwhile GB is already 4-1 in the Division and 1 game up on the Lions. Considering GB will win Week 17 they'll end the Division at 5-1 while the Lions end at minimum 4-2. GB wins Division.

Drakeon

Lions have 4/5 remaining games against the Division. At least one of those will be a trap game they'll drop. Meanwhile GB is already 4-1 in the Division and 1 game up on the Lions. Considering GB will win Week 17 they'll end the Division at 5-1 while the Lions end at minimum 4-2. GB wins Division.

Theres no point in attempting to reason with Kas. That's not how his brain works.

Top Bottom