• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 12 |OT| - Matt Stafford vs. the World

I still dont get wtf is amiibo suppose to be and why the retards on gamind side think they going to be a massive success
Skylander/Disney Infinity with Nintendo characters. The difference is Nintendo plans to make the useable across several of their games. If you don't think thats will sell - I don't know what to tell you.

Frankly, I didn't even buy them for the game use. I just liked they way they looked and I'm a sucker for collectibles of characters I like. My 8 year is old is loving them, too. She already has a ton of Super Mario stuff to begin with so some of this is easy X-Mas shopping.

jakncoke

Banned
Skylander/Disney Infinity with Nintendo characters. The difference is Nintendo plans to make the useable across several of their games. If you don't think thats will sell - I don't know what to tell you.

Not seeing it. you moronic nerds going to have to fap to something else.

Sanjuro

It'll sell fine. Reaching new demographics or being a long term mainstay, probably not.

Works for Nintendo.

cajunator

Banned
I still dont get wtf is amiibo suppose to be and why the retards on gamind side think they going to be a massive success

Amiibos are little figures that have a aluminum strip on the bottom with coded information. When you put them on the WiiU gamepad in a specific spot, certain games will sense the code information and give you extra features, often specific to that character or figure in the game you are playing. Its a neat idea. Basically its a figure version of those cards the DS had or that card game Ps3 eye had.

nPk3y3e.gif
Lol.
Iowa so trying to shut down Gordon I see

Amiibos are little figures that have a aluminum strip on the bottom with coded information. When you put them on the WiiU gamepad in a specific spot, certain games will sense the code information and give you extra features, often specific to that character or figure in the game you are playing. Its a neat idea. Basically its a figure version of those cards the DS had or that card game Ps3 eye had.
The only reason I bought the Link on is for his Hyrule Warriors weapon.

jakncoke

Banned

No it isnt. its a idea for nintento to get more money from the retarded people like snesfreak

jakncoke

Banned
Im just tired of reading from gata like nerds on gaming side that this is going to be something big. Similarly im tired of the "this will be interesting" meme on gaming side

basically i need to stop reading gaming side because you fucking idiots cause me enough stress in the sports threads and freak outs
Of course it is a way to make money. Do you think gaming companies just make games out of the kindness of their hearts?
lol you naive lil flower , not always does a company correctly call the market

Im just tired of reading from gata like nerds on gaming side that this is going to be something big. Similarly im tired of the "this will be interesting" meme on gaming side

basically i need to stop reading gaming side because you fucking idiots cause me enough stress in the sports threads and freak outs

Whoa hold the fuck up, I'm not like that nerds motherfucker

JABEE

I think Amiibos seem like a well-executed entrance into the interactive figures market. They look cool, they keep Nintendo characters and its consoles relevant to young children, and they have mass appeal appealing to old and new fans alike. Amiibo also demonstrate hardware differentiation in the way these figures use NFC.

I'm not sure what there is to be mad about.

JABEE

People can buy whatever, im talkin the people that think it'll be a massive success and a savior(not that nintendo need it) to nintendo. Its just another thing. Idk why people jerking off off to it
It's not going to save Nintendo or the WiiU, but it could make them a lot of money.

I like them. I have a Mario figure. Probably going to get a Yoshi figure too.

cajunator

Banned

Lol jnc calling people naive

tmdorsey

Damn amiibos are addictive. I just nabbed a Marth one because he's one of my mains in Smash and I heard they are becoming harder and harder to find.

cajunator

Banned
?

listen here midget anime nerdo im well in reality unlike 84% the people on this site who confuse delusion and sadness as fact and hope.

I honestly have no idea why you are railing against amiibos or fun things.
you seem like a quite bitter person in general. I hope someone finds you and gives you a big hug.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I grabbed Yoshi and Fox jsut to see what the fuck they do

Apparently as they level up they learn how to play from your playstyle, the type of games and matchups you're in, etc. Someone in the Smash thread mentioned that after a while their amiibo now does a lot of short hopping and always taunts after KOing.

zychi

Banned
I dont get the amiibo thing either. I have to wait til tuesday to buy smash, but im excited to try it. New pokemanz has been downloaded but i havent even touched it.

Going to was v sf tomorrow. Gonna be weird going to a game where im not actively rooting for a team.

Top Bottom